N-Europe

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

Serebii

Only played one game since I'm going out of town today but that was ridiculously fun. Had no lag though.

Did have one issue where pushing a block was required and the others didn't realise it, no icons for "Push this god damn block". But they eventually realised

Edited by Serebii

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sitting playing the demo now. Sadly, you can't play with friends online in the demo. :( I've hooked up with a few ransoms though. Annoyingly if one quits then you lose all your progress and are returned to the lobby.

It's been a laugh already. I keep wearing Zeldas dress, you know, for the giggles and a message came up during one game saying Adrian is curious about H-o-T! :D

There has been a bit of lag and this can be quite annoying. Hopefully these issues will be ironed out with the results of this demo.

The little emoticons are great fun to use. Obviously I would like VC to be in it but I'll take what I can get.

Only played one game since I'm going out of town today but that was ridiculously fun. Had no lag though.

Did have one issue where pushing a block was required and the others didn't realise it, no icons for "Push this god damn block". But they eventually realised

Just had a go on this too, great fun! :D

Wasn't expecting much from this really but have been pleasantly surprised. :)

I did experience some connection issues and lag initially, but then it ran perfectly for the entire dungeon.

Was rocking the Tingle outfit. :heh: It's funny how that one prevents damage from falling down pits, it's like they know people are going to want to throw Tingle on purpose. :laughing:

I do hope the thing where if 1 player drops out and the entire session is abandoned is just for the demo though, that could be really annoying if it happened after making quite a bit of progress. :blank:

Anyway, definitely wanting to pick this game up at launch now.

Very much enjoyed the online play when we finally got started (had two or three people quit before leaving starting room). Played all three levels, failed at Fire Temple boss but after doing bomb level went back and started it again...until Sky did it's "randomly disconnect you for a few seconds so playing ANY online game is ultimately pointless" crap (which it does many times a day. It sounds like nothing...what's a few seconds of disconnect randomly, but try playing co-op or competitve and it just makes it useless). Fucking sick of this shit. Not going back on now, screw it. Solo it is for me now.

Took aaaaaaaaaages to get this one guy to throw a bomb in the right place for us to gust it, that first time you have to.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

Just completed all three levels online. Really enjoyed it. So is there no single player story at all? Is it just these multiplayer missions with two AIs?

If any of you were the guys I was playing with, I'm really sorry about the moving bridge section! They need to add a d'oh message for when you realise what you've done.

Just had a cracking, lag free session. Stayed with the same team for all 3 maps and completed them all. Clearly none of us had played the Fire Temple before and figuring it all out had a great sense of accomplishment. In chests at the end, I managed to get the rare item every time. Let's hope the RNG gods are in my favour when the full release arrives. :D

Just completed all three levels online. Really enjoyed it. So is there no single player story at all? Is it just these multiplayer missions with two AIs?

No, you take control over the other Links by tapping them, having the others stand still. I believe this is a bit frustrating during boss battles.

Tried this online during the Sunday period. Got some serious lag though, so that's the final nail in the coffin of this game for me. Only me and my son own European 3DS' that I know of over here, so local multiplayer is a no, and with terrible slowing down during online play, well forget it. I find it so strange that Nintendo have limited the online to regions, instead of linking to someone near you regardless of region? What about us, a minority I admit, who travel a lot and are away from their 'region' most of the time?

Yup. I'm having a cracking time with randomers. Connections are nice and stable at the moment. Probably due to the low amount of traffic.

Oh, then that's alright.

Would hate to think you were playing through it solo just because you got it early.

(I'm getting it downloaded, try not to finish the game before then. Then again, it is you. You finish games hilariously quick. So I won't hold my breath.)

Da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

image_zpsb3jnp9un.jpg

Simply Games delivering the goods again. Looks like my night is sorted.

Nice, be really interested to hear your thoughts on this as I'm still very much in the fence :)

I was hoping to play the demo last Thursday locally with a mate. We got together, downloaded it while playing some Mario Golf 64 and...you HAD to have 3 players! Obviously didn't read the small print, gutted though as would have loved to give it a blast!

Nice, be really interested to hear your thoughts on this as I'm still very much in the fence :)

I was hoping to play the demo last Thursday locally with a mate. We got together, downloaded it while playing some Mario Golf 64 and...you HAD to have 3 players! Obviously didn't read the small print, gutted though as would have loved to give it a blast!

It's truly excellent, dude. (Hope mine and my bro's copies come today!) I'll likely be playing single, but don't take that as online is bad, online is excellent from what I played (I have online issues). The game, from the three levels I played was…very easy, to be honest. The challenge came from dodgy combat and playing with noobs who don't know the basic Zelda puzzle sets. Then again, they probably just chose easy levels for the demo. I "think" there's 32 levels (each comprised of multiple levels and a boss), so that's a lot. Wouldn't surprise me if there's a post-game levels flip, with levels refitted harder dark world/Lorule style (just a hope/guess). There's also a town with stuff to do (there's in game collectibles). Oh gaaaawd…now I'M hyped from chatting about this…

Players. You can play single, or local 3 players or online 3 players. I ASSUME if you have family/friends in the house with copies you can register their friend codes and look for them online, so if you only have two players in the house you can essentially fill that third spot with an online person by routing your local player through online. It's what me and my bro may do if there's no "two local players go online looking for a third player together" option.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

Here are my thoughts so far.

Online can be fun but also stupidly frustrating. At the start of the evening, I had a good set of people with me and everything went really well. Later on I was hooked up with some absolute idiots, who couldn't even solve a simple puzzle, despite me doing my best to instruct them via the little emoticons.

Single player is a more laid back affair. Sadly this mode is a little annoying as well due to the amount of manual switching that needs to go on. It's certainly an easier mode though. Even though the maps are the same, being able to tackle them on your own, without having people lose hearts left and right, was a breeze.

The game offers 32 quests but each of these quests has another 3 ways of playing them. After you finish a world you can revisit the levels and play them again but with challenges now implemented. These range from starting with less hearts, having a time limit of staying within the protective circle. That last one will bring back fond memories for those who played Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles on the Gamecube. One person has to carry a protective sphere around, which emits a safe bubble that players move freely in. Doing these challenge quests increases the chance the players have in nabbing a more rare material at the end of the stage.

In the hub world there isn't much going on. There's the outfit store...where you buy outfits. A shop that sells materials, which seems to charge you depending onhow much of the item you already have. If I have 3 of an item then its pretty cheap to buy a 4th off him but not having any of the item he has on sale increases the price he charges you drastically.

Another shop houses a guy who has 4 chests. Inside one of them you get a material but the other 3 have nothing. You get to open one chest a day. If you don't get the material then you come back tomorrow to open another. All the chests you've opened stay open until you finally get the material that is hidden.

Finally, there is a little photo shop. You get a camera off this guy and you can take one picture per dungeon and post it on Miiverse. Seeing as Miiverse isn't up and running yet, I have yet to try this.

I've unlocked a few outfits already, which brought up another issue I have with the online portion of the game. If a person has some like the Bomb Suit, an outfit that enhances bombs, then let them take the bombs! It was so annoying to be suited up for the quest, only for a random person to not grasp what the hell was going on.

Speaking of outfits, there are actually 2 which are exclusive to local multiplayer. One is the Viewtiful Joe style outfit and the other is some square, 8-bit style one. These require friendship tokens, which are gained by playing locally. Listening to this weeks NVC episode, it seems that you get 1 token person person you meet. I think you need about 8-10 to unlock both of these outfits. So you need to play with 10 different people.

Another thing with the outfits are that you unlock Miiverse stamps every time you get a new one. Again, I haven't been able to test this yet.

Bit of a mixed bag so far. The online can be good but frustrating, while the single player mode can be less frustrating but more boring.

It's odd. I love Zelda and I quite enjoyed what I played the demo, but I'm really not feeling this. Zelda usually feels like an event, something big. But i'm feeling next to no excitement about this. I'd usually be desperate to get a Zelda game on release but I actually think I'm going to wait a bit for this...