NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes

In the visual style of the critically-acclaimed The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds game comes a new adventure. In this journey, three players team up– each as Link – to cooperatively make their way through inventive dungeons and battle bosses. Use the new Totem mechanic to stack three Links on top of each other to reach higher grounds and solve puzzles. Collect loot to create wearable outfits, each with a different boost or ability.

• Similar visual style and top-down view of The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.

• As Link, buddy up with two other Link characters and cooperatively solve inventive puzzles to progress through the game.

• All three players share hearts, so they must work together to defeat enemies and solve puzzles.

• Stack three Links on top of each other with the new “Totem” mechanic, which makes it possible to reach new locations to solve puzzles.

• Collect loot to create wearable outfits, each with a different boost or ability. Each dungeon is structured with four main areas.

• Single-player mode allows the player to rent two paper dolls to take along to complete the team of three and face challenges in dungeons.

• Choose from a set of emoticons to communicate with each other while playing in multiplayer mode.

• Team up with two other players in multiplayer mode via local wireless connection, online and with download play

This game looks intriguing!

Should be a great laugh in multiplayer!

They're showing this on Treehouse now.

I knew from the moment the logo flashed up at the beginning that I wasn't going to be particularly enthusiastic about this.. and nothing about what came after managed to change my mind :hmm:

Totem Time

Totem Time

Totem Time

:blank:

I always wanted to play Four Swords properly. Three Swords with online sounds great.

It's very much more co-operative(which I always liked to play four swords as, but the option to be a dick AND the voting after was always nice) - this has communal hearts and it seems communal ruppees maybe - not sure what they go to. Honestly the woman they had on treehouse playing it was just a fucking jar I couldn't pay too much attention to what she was saying.

Seriously, who asked for a multiplayer Zelda game, especially one that sinks the series to a new childish low? Ok I'm sure some people are keen to play 3 player Zelda but surely they're in the vast vast minority? Why not give us a sequel to ALBW?

The single player version better be half decent, but I'm sure it'll just be another throwaway title like the Four Swords games.

Seriously, who asked for a multiplayer Zelda game, especially one that sinks the series to a new childish low? Ok I'm sure some people are keen to play 3 player Zelda but surely they're in the vast vast minority? Why not give us a sequel to ALBW?

The single player version better be half decent, but I'm sure it'll just be another throwaway title like the Four Swords games.

You realise this is the fourth instance, right?

Fourth instance of what?

Also btw, small point but worth mentioning the title is actually Tri Force Heroes, just to rub salt in the wound.

Edited by Ronnie
Automerged Doublepost

Fourth instance of what?

Also btw, small point but worth mentioning the title is actually Tri Force Heroes, just to rub salt in the wound.

Multiplayer Zelda

3 player, because the totem was too tall with 4.

The DS/3DS Zelda's have not been good to look at. No idea why they don't use the Four Swords art style more often. And do it on Wii U.

Multiplayer Zelda

So what? What point are you trying to make in relation to my post? The fact that there have been other multiplayer games changes nothing. And regardless, Spirit Tracks isn't a multiplayer Zelda game, it's a Zelda game with a mulitplayer bonus mode in it.

3 player, because the totem was too tall with 4.

The DS/3DS Zelda's have not been good to look at. No idea why they don't use the Four Swords art style more often. And do it on Wii U.

What's wrong with A Link Between Worlds?

So what? What point are you trying to make in relation to my post? The fact that there have been other multiplayer games changes nothing. And regardless, Spirit Tracks isn't a multiplayer Zelda game, it's a Zelda game with a mulitplayer bonus mode in it.

I was talking about Four Swords GBA, Four Swords Adventures and Four Swords DSi.

Ok now that we've got that cleared up, I'll say the same point

The whole 4 person totem didn't work thing was so lame....I'm sure they could have just said we've found 3 was a good balance for this game, not make out like it was entirely based on the fact that having 4 peoples stacked head to toe wouldn't work.

Also what the hell was with the "it's fun to play with friends without seeing their reactions". I feel like Nintendo have been the ones who needed convincing that online play was viable and now in some weird way they are trying to reaffirm to us that online play is viable, despite many of the world's best selling games having a huge online focus. Nintendo you continue to baffle me.

I'd need to see more of it but I enjoyed Four Swords so I may be up for this.

I really hope the single player is a meaty campaign but if it's just a series of puzzle rooms with a boss at the end, I probably won't even bother getting it. And that's coming from a massive Zelda fanboy.

Ok fine I'll probably still get it, but you get my point.

Ok now that we've got that cleared up, I'll say the same point

I asked for it.

I love the Four Swords series and the idea of online co-op Zelda makes me very happy.

Will have to see whether removing the competitive aspect will affect but, yeah. I'm more than happy.

I asked for it.

I love the Four Swords series and the idea of online co-op Zelda makes me very happy.

Will have to see whether removing the competitive aspect will affect but, yeah. I'm more than happy.

Four Swords Adventures on GC was great(even without company, but with it was even better) but his doesn't quite do the same imo. The big screen+small screen aspects, hidden information, potential competitiveness+post level votes and the fact you'd continue on from there...all of it made for a great experience. Will this do the same, online or even local? I'm not so sure. It's an easy recycle of the ALBW assets - which even then was probably one of the weaker points of that game for me.

I like the idea/concept on a very base level(ie not even that specific to this game) but the implementation here just isn't quite doing it for me yet.

If the game is an exploration based traditional Zelda title it'll be fine. If it's a linear, level-based room by room dungeon crawler, not for me. Seems like the latter.

I enjoyed the GameCube Four Swords Adventure, but I think the idea has pretty much run its course.

That said, if I'm honest, I wouldn't be very interested in a single-player Zelda (based on the A Link Between Worlds engine) either. The truth is, the 3DS is extremely outdated now. I can understand Nintendo making a number of sequels using the same engine + assets (this, Fire Emblem: Fates etc), but personally I think it's time for a new handheld.

I'm finding the Treehouse guys playing this atm impossible to watch. I think they've been told to drag one level that should take a few minutes out to 15. Constant talking over each other, constantly making stupid mistakes, falling into pits, being killed, general buffoonery. Audrey is as annoying as ever and it's as if they have it in their contract to say "Niiice" once every twenty seconds.

I'm finding the Treehouse guys playing this atm impossible to watch. I think they've been told to drag one level that should take a few minutes out to 15. Constant talking over each other, constantly making stupid mistakes, falling into pits, being killed, general buffoonery. Audrey is as annoying as ever and it's as if they have it in their contract to say "Niiice" once every twenty seconds.

That the blonde one? She absolutely does my nut - saw her playing this yesterday and thought the same too. I didn't get a feeling of a big drag - just maybe the other two weren't so big into it(the dude seemed to be messing around and I'm not sure how much of a Zelda person the other lady was). How's it make you feel regarding your possible concerns with single-player watching them play through though?

Well they reiterated there's a single player campaign, I hope they show that off at some point. Hopefully without Audrey (blonde, ex IGN). I genuinely think their c0ck-ups were just to prolong the segment and up the "fun", it got to the point where they were just walking into pits.

Isn't the single player campaign the same game but with "dolls" you can swap to?

Personally, I love four swords, and if this is big enough I'll be delighted with it!

I also think download play should be applauded, grest touch!