Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Serebii

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine it adds bulk to the controller. If something has that degree of movement, it needs to go somewhere, so you'd need an empty space within the controller for it to go to when fully pressed.

Fine for mobile consoles, which can do without. Poor for home consoles, where it's kind of expected and bulk isn't as much of an issue.

I'm impressed that people actually use analogue triggers that precisely. When I have used them I play exactly the same way as I would with digital triggers or any other button for that matter. Accelerate full throttle and lift off/brake when you need to slow down.

in burnout on the gc, it was fairly easy to hold a steady speed with the analogue shoulder buttons... although I suppose you are right, for the most part in that game the analogue wasn't really so necessary most of the time.

Without analogue triggers, you'd be crashing into every single corner in DriveClub.

It's all well and good having all of these interesting features like HD Rumble, but make sure that the basics are there. Analogue triggers are a standard now (except on Nintendo consoles). Are they definitely not on the Switch?

Deffo agree they're most missed for me on racing games. I bought NFS:MW for my WiiU and whilst I did enjoy it for rather a while I definitely did get annoyed at the lack of analogue triggers a number of times(tho to its credit it was one of the few games that actually gave voice chat straight off the gamepad). Thinking back to when I played NFSU2 or Burnout on Xbox, and Paradise on 360 - it definitely makes a difference to me. When I think about it and the previous discussion it's actually quite strange to think about accelerating a car without an analogue input - can you imagine that in a proper car?! It'd be so silly lol.

I think it's a space issue. The only way to get analogue triggers on Switch would be to add them to the Pro Controller. But then we would get exactly that issue that Goron and Ashley raised; unfairness between control styles. That could only be solved by implementing analogue triggers in the undocked Switch, both individual Joy Cons and the Pro Controller. It's far easier to not support it with the added benefit of portability/slickness of the design of both the undocked Switch as the Joy Cons.

Unfortunately that means missing out on some experiences.

I think it's a space issue. The only way to get analogue triggers on Switch would be to add them to the Pro Controller. But then we would get exactly that issue that Goron and Ashley raised; unfairness between control styles. That could only be solved by implementing analogue triggers in the undocked Switch, both individual Joy Cons and the Pro Controller. It's far easier to not support it with the added benefit of portability/slickness of the design of both the undocked Switch as the Joy Cons.

Unfortunately that means missing out on some experiences.

Sounds like solid reasoning however Nintendo also didn't put analogue triggers on the wii u gamepad.

Any ideas why Nintendo do not like analogue triggers??

Stupidity. Lots and lots of boundless stupidity.

Seriously, now I completely understand why Codemasters won't bring out Dirt 4 for the Switch. In a game like that, just having a digital on/off button for the throttle literally ruins the game.

Stupidity. Lots and lots of boundless stupidity.

Seriously, now I completely understand why Codemasters won't bring out Dirt 4 for the Switch. In a game like that, just having a digital on/off button for the throttle literally ruins the game.

That reasoning would have been welcomed from me though... sending a message to nintendo that analogue triggers are wanted. But the message wasn't that. I think the dev genuinely just wasn't sure about what they were talking about and was thinking about a single joycon being used... which presumably would not be the case. I mean, even a single joy con isn't too terrible if you think about it... about on par with a snes pad right?

That reasoning would have been welcomed from me though... sending a message to nintendo that analogue triggers are wanted. But the message wasn't that. I think the dev genuinely just wasn't sure about what they were talking about and was thinking about a single joycon being used... which presumably would not be the case. I mean, even a single joy con isn't too terrible if you think about it... about on par with a snes pad right?

For what it's worth Dirt 3 uses one analogue stick for driving and another for looking so one Joy-Con is out (or you have a seriously gimped version).

Surely Nintendo should know that analogue triggers are needed now? Did they not talk to developers, particularly developers that missed them out with the Wii U...?

Funnily enough they ARE actually making a new Micro Machines!

micromachines_1981953.jpg

Here's hoping that it comes to Switch! I'd be much more interested in that than Dirt 4!

b541f9d21a8debd2896df495b42ee13f.jpg

Some of the best memories of my childhood was with that game... Some glorious track design.

On other news: Its ONLY 5 weeks till Switch!

Edited by King_V

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!