NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Ummm...

That does NOT bode well.

Why not? It's good we don't have wait until January.

Nice to see the series coming back to a Nintendo platform once again... ;)

What about Pokemon Conquest? :p

What about Pokemon Conquest? :p

Do you know, I'd almost completely forgotten about that. :blush:

Now that could do with a VC release. :D

Do you know, I'd almost completely forgotten about that. :blush:

Now that could do with a VC release. :D

Yep, if only because it features rap star Toxicroak.

454.png

Yo, shout out to all my toxic frog homies!

Why not? It's good we don't have wait until January.

It means that noone's announcing anything, even though nothing is holding them back. Which could mean that they don't have anything in development.

It means that noone's announcing anything, even though nothing is holding them back. Which could mean that they don't have anything in development.

I strongly doubt that.

Or they are just waiting for the right time. They might not feel they need to announce anything just yet.

It could be that Nintendo won't let them show screen caps until they release more switch info in January .

It makes sense that they would want to make sure that the first games shown show case the full potential of the console. Games that are still in development won't necessarily look as impressive as the finished product will, and Nintendo won't want people assuming the Switch is the reason the games look a little unpolished.

Look at the trailer, you have BotW, Skyrim, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon. All of those games looked good.

Look at the trailer, you have BotW, Skyrim, Mario, Mario Kart, Splatoon. All of those games looked good.

None of which have been confirmed.

Let this be a reminder:

Edited by Hogge

Let this be a reminder:

Wow. Half of those games didn't end up releasing in the end! Aliens: Colonial Marines, Dirt, Ghost Recon Online and Metro Last Light all didn't release on the WiiU.

Let this be a reminder:

My point wasn't what the library will look like, but what Nintendo are happy having on a switch screen in the public sphere. A couple of months can make a BIG difference in the quality of visuals.

My point wasn't what the library will look like, but what Nintendo are happy having on a switch screen in the public sphere. A couple of months can make a BIG difference in the quality of visuals.

Still, the video did need to be seen again for a reminder of how things can look prior to launch, irrespective of it not pertaining to what you meant.

I enjoyed that game. Thought it was a nice idea that provided an interesting narrative. Hell, probably the most narratively rich Pokémon game.

Pro-ordered this morning from my local Game. They're asking for £50 but it is refundable. They're preparing for a midnight launch in late March and apparently my local store already had quite a large number of pre-orders.

I enjoyed that game. Thought it was a nice idea that provided an interesting narrative. Hell, probably the most narratively rich Pokémon game.

It's definitely up there in that regard.

The majority of the Mystery Dungeon stories top it in my opinion though.

Pro-ordered this morning from my local Game. They're asking for £50 but it is refundable. They're preparing for a midnight launch in late March and apparently my local store already had quite a large number of pre-orders.

50 fucking quid? What happens if they go under again?

Goodbye money.

Goodbye money and goodbye Day-1 Switch. I hate Game as much as the next guy, but if you want it guaranteed at midnight what other choice do you have? They are the only high street retailer left. Supermarkets are a possibility, but I doubt they'll have as good a pre-order structure. I think the fact that it's refundable, means in the unlikely event they do go under we, being gamers who actively post online, will get a whiff of it and I'll be able to go in for a refund.

I did the same for the GameCube and Wii and never had any problems. So I'm hoping this will be the same.

Goodbye money and goodbye Day-1 Switch. I hate Game as much as the next guy, but if you want it guaranteed at midnight what other choice do you have? They are the only high street retailer left. Supermarkets are a possibility, but I doubt they'll have as good a pre-order structure. I think the fact that it's refundable, means in the unlikely event they do go under we, being gamers who actively post online, will get a whiff of it and I'll be able to go in for a refund.

I did the same for the GameCube and Wii and never had any problems. So I'm hoping this will be the same.

Hmm, I can't really argue with that logic I guess. I'd personally opt for something like Amazon or ShopTo, but ShopTo have already opened up the pre-orders which makes it difficult to gauge how likely you are in getting one.

But yeah, be vigilant mate, £50 is a huge deposit and it just seems very suspicious. Hope it all pans out well for you and you get it day one!

but if you want it guaranteed at midnight what other choice do you have?

Having waited two years for it people can wait another 12 hours and get it delivered to them? I understand the hype of a midnight launch but I don't think it's worth the risk where Game are concerned.

I tried pre-ordering from ShopTo but it won't work for me. I'm hoping to just order it from the official Nintendo site when they open pre-orders but as I'm keen to get it on launch day I thought I should put some placeholder orders in place before seeing what the official Nintendo store is like with launch day deliveries with the NES classic.

Having waited two years for it people can wait another 12 hours and get it delivered to them? I understand the hype of a midnight launch but I don't think it's worth the risk where Game are concerned.

At least now I know I'm in a queue and will get the console on release day. Doing this online is not always guaranteed if everyone jumps in when pre orders begin or if you're not near a computer at the that time. What if we see another Wii like shortage? I don't want to pay over the odds or wait potentially weeks. Thanks, but I think going with Game is actually playing it rather safe.

At least now I know I'm in a queue and will get the console on release day. Doing this online is not always guaranteed if everyone jumps in when pre orders begin or if you're not near a computer at the that time. What if we see another Wii like shortage? I don't want to pay over the odds or wait potentially weeks. Thanks, but I think going with Game is actually playing it rather safe.

I ordered my 3DS from ShopTo and got it early. Ordering from GAME is not a good idea if you ask me...I think it's a dead cert you'll get this on release if you order online.

Obviously time will tell and we've still got much to see come January, but I honestly don't think there's going to be too much of a stock issue for this right off the bat. Interesting that places are taking and receiving a number of pre-orders but I think that's just a bit more commonplace now - not every one turns into a sale. My biggest concern will be scalpers but hopefully they got burned bad enough with the WiiU that that won't happen too bad this time.