NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo Switch - Happy Switchmas Everyone!

Skyrim on the go? On a Nintendo console? YES YES YES!

Some of it looked a bit silly, like the multiplayer on the one screen but overall I think it looks great. The e-sports teams preparing by playing Splatoon on the portable before transferring to the dock for the proper match was a really great way of showing it off.

I love that they have a un-switchable controller too - it looks really sturdy. Off to look at every bit of media I can!

Also, return of 3D Mario!!

From Software on board too! That's so good! Hopefully Take Two bring their Rockstar game to the party, but that would just be the cherry on top.

EA and From Software! Hopefully we get something substantial from both.

And Grasshopper, come on Suda we need a No More Heroes 3

Easy Allies just spotted car peripheral in the video.

Attaches to back of headrest so can play in the back on roadtrips.

From what I got from the video the main controller the two sides slide off onto the portable screen. It's one controller.
Could be that you can use it like that. Or that's the Joy-Con charging dock?

I'm a fan. Simply put, I love it if it can keep the promises it's made. I'm worried about battery life and about pricing.

Considering how many people were in this trailer those NDAs are real impressive as nobody said anything

Here's an image resized and hosted on N-E so hopefully it won't go down like the Switch site has

(click for huge)

switch01_small.jpg

There's got to be a press release with it right? I'm dying to know features... and yes, that one feature in particular.

Why do you need party chat? you can just take your console to your friends house or play in big arena's

Reggie-Fils-Aime.jpg

Well i'm not overly keen on the full name Nintendo Switch, but just calling it a Switch seems oddly natural - awfully large logo though

Looks very stylish and very unwii like

the controllers look small, maybe smaller/thinner than wii nunchuks, which makes me fear loosing them, but i love the clip together ergo controller for them in 'home' mode, and its nice to just have a pro controller option

but i need to know if there was magic editing, because the 'switch' was seemless, somehow i expected you'd need to pause the game and select you were undocking (kind of like PC's and USB's, which nobody ever does), so i was pleasantly surprised there

And Skyrim! Whilst i do understand the whole its Arkham City/game you've played before again scenario, it is different in that its Bethsada! they just haven't supported nintendo, so in its own little way it shows they've courted a third party and a distant one at that! - now give me Fallout 4 Game of the year! with mod support (too much to ask there)

but there must be a spec sheet? or a date for a full reveal?! whats the cost? the spec? the launch games? i mean come the hell on! fine you win nintendo the drip feed left my thirsty and i want that info!

Might have to break that no more day 1 console rule i decided after the WiiU

I think the best thing about this reveal is that the console hardware itself looks fairly adult. It doesn't look cheap.

Nintedno really need to get their marketing on point, but to me, first signs are encouraging.

Not sure on the mini controllers though.

Some interesting things about the games:

Splatoon: Different Inkling hair.

Mario Kart 8: Two item slots. King Boo.

I really like this, only worry are the sticks when you have to carry it, but otherwise looks great. It has everything I wanted.

Always said it needed a proper controller too and it has one. Surprised at the amount of games shown - mario kart 8, platoon.... disappointing as I want sequels NOW. Big big gaming tournament at the end, hope that's a sign of them bracing the community!!

Opposite to Glen-I, not keen on the name, like the logo and animation.

It's what i said it would be when Nintendo first announced it! 230-odd pages ago :)

2325826,yclV0JryrnrrvfDuNO_NYRiSMlcozjyT5wpxP95fyX7LUiAqkAXxkJMsmuoJYNQHtGeAMcKK97fbpLbH+rGI6g==.jpg

megaton confirmed right there! Vietnam baby now lets listen to some Creedence Clearwater Revival and get in that Huey

I'm losing my fucking mind. I haven't wanted a console this badly since the Gamecube

"Joy-Con controllers"

Oh sod off Nintendo :heh:

Reminds me of Namco's series of third party controllers for the PS1. Gun-con, Neg-con and so on.

Some interesting things about the games:

Splatoon: Different Inkling hair.

Mario Kart 8: Two item slots. King Boo.

Oh no, this is awful news! Hope you like never catching the guy in first place. Because that is exactly what's gonna happen.

It's a dark day for Mario Kart...