NEurope
Daft

Virtual Reality

Seems to have borrowed a lot from the Quest 2, which is a good thing really. I have a third party quest head strap with a dial to adjust like that one, and it's really handy for quickly swapping with friends and for adjusting it to be nice and comfy.

Inside out camera based tracking is great too. No sensors means you're so much more likely to pick up and play, and at least on the Quest, it just works so well, never worrying about tracking or blocking the sensor. And it's handy to be able to quickly see your environment when you need to, too.

I finally got the Index. 

Holy moly it's good! Really comfortable, even if it's heavier than my Reverb. The audio is the same, as it's developed by Valve. The screens have more god rays and lower resolution, but it's evened out by the 144Hrz and huge FOV. The sweetspot is also really big, so going from a Reverb to this has been a pleasent experience. 

And then there's the tracking. I love the base stations <3. Being able to do whatever wherever is really nice. I can easily do things in Blade and Sorcery outside of the view of the headset, and this really helps. The G2 is annoyingly bad when it comes to vertical tracking, so being able to actually rest my hands while not losing tracking means a lot, especially in VRchat ect.

Also, not using any extra software for the headset is really nice. Just launch SteamVR and you're good to go. I hope we'll get better inside-out tracking for the future, because that's way easier than needing to set up a room for optimal tracking, but we'll see when we get there. So far I'm really happy with the Index, and I plan to sell the G2 as soon as possible. 

Moss: Book II is releasing in just two weeks, on March 31st. Pretty crazy that it wasn't mentioned during the State of Play!

Some previews: