NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

The story did say 8 hours for the main storyline. He completed it quicker than 8 hours, he rushed it, the 8 hours time is for the average gamer. I don't remember either Galaxy being this short. They certainly weren't for me.

That story is embellishing. He said it took him 8 hours to complete. He said he rushed. He didn't say "oh it's 8 hour average"

I hope this isn't too easy. Mario games are never going to be majorly difficult but with all this family nonsense they keep shouting the worry is they make it too simple.

For goodness sake.

Every Mario game is easy to get from start to finish. The challenge has always been finding the secrets, the extra levels etc.

For goodness sake.

Every Mario game is easy to get from start to finish. The challenge has always been finding the secrets, the extra levels etc.

I am going to say for once I kinda agree here. I think generally most Mario games can be pretty quick and easy to just 'complete' (e.g. in NSMB U you can actually skip half the levels just to get to the last world). Getting all stars/coins/whatever will probably make the game a fair bit longer.

For goodness sake.

Yeah I think I took even less time to finish New Super Mario Bros Wii but I was nowhere near finished doing everything the game had to offer, from finding ALL secret levels and coins etc. Similar story for Mario Galaxy.

The Galaxy games have some difficulty. I have yet to see anything remotely difficult in this game, every level is extremely short and the game spits out power ups like a bad case of diarrhoea. I didn't time how long Galaxy 2 took but I would guess it was 40 hours including the green stars.

The 2D games are shorter.

Im getting excited for this new mario title! I wasnt particularly impressed with the multiplayer when I saw it but the screens the new levels have raised the hype!

Edited by Blade

For goodness sake.

Bü11$h!t. I challenge most casuals to finish the last Galaxy in MG2. Not a chance and earlier levels would challenge them as well.

Edit: I hear people talking about the 2D Mario games. They pose no challenge. Who have they been aimed at since DS?

Edited by Wii

Bü11$h!t. I challenge most casuals to finish the last Galaxy in MG2. Not a chance and earlier levels would challenge them as well.

Edit: I hear people talking about the 2D Mario games. They pose no challenge. Who have they been aimed at since DS?

I'm talking Start to "Final" Bowser, which is the completion as denoted by reviewers etc. Not start to all stars, which is my exact point.

I'm surprised to hear people say that Mario games have always been easy, because at the time (and even now to newbies), Mario Bros. 3, Mario World and Mario 64 were all very difficult. The physics in SMW in particular made the game very difficult for anything who hasn't played it before.

It's only been since NSMB: DS that the difficulty have got much easier. The first Galaxy game was also incredibly easy, not helped by the spin jump you got given and the linearity of the game.

Edited by Goron_3

@Serebii.

I would not class Lost Levels "easy" in the slightest.

We had to wait til my parents were out and call the Nintendo hotline for some of that shit.

I'm talking Start to "Final" Bowser, which is the completion as denoted by reviewers etc. Not start to all stars, which is my exact point.

Could you do Mario 64 in that time having never played it before?

Nintendo to launch 'significant' TV campaign for Super Mario 3D World

A major TV campaign for Super Mario 3D World is being planned at Nintendo UK, it has been reported.

The publisher will be using TV adverts featuring the upcoming 3D platformer to promote both the game and Wii U hardware.

"Mario is the perfect title for families this Christmas. Not only is it a title that family members of all ages will enjoy, but it's the first multiplayer 3D Mario platformer ever," said Nintendo UK product manager Roger Langford (via MCV).

"Pre-launch the focus will be on online and Facebook activity, aimed at Mario fans."

He added: "We will also be launching a significant TV campaign targeted towards families and kids, highlighting the key features of the game and the Wii U hardware itself.

"Post-launch activity will centre around gifting via online, TV and PR."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a530078/nintendo-to-launch-significant-tv-campaign-for-super-mario-3d-world.html

Great news. I expected them to launch some sort of ad campaign but nice to hear it looks set to be pushed heavily.

Like they say, it is the first multiplayer Mario platformer, and that's a pretty special thing! Can imagine lots of families having great fun together with this game!

Even if it's only as good as 3D Land, that's still good in my book. Since it looks waaaaay better, thank you Nintendo.

Face it, no Mario game will ever be as difficult as Mario 64. For two reasons; it's made for EVERYONE now, not just Mario fans wanting a challenge. And the most obvious; the play style is no longer new. People were rubbish at full 3D games back then since they were only just learning how to play these type of games. It's just standard now, most games are practice for this style of game.

I personally don't rush these games.I usually aim for everything before moving on to the next world.

We had to wait til my parents were out and call the Nintendo hotline for some of that shit.

Could you do Mario 64 in that time having never played it before?

In 8 hours? Yes

Hopes of a game length doubling a la 3D Land are dwindling more and more :(

Why? Reviewers have implied it... They can't say anything due to an embargo, but it is implied.

Face it, no Mario game will ever be as difficult as Mario 64. For two reasons; it's made for EVERYONE now, not just Mario fans wanting a challenge.

Pretty much this. Whether we like to admit it or not, Nintendo have changed. Newtendo. They have a particular style, especially with their Mario games, they have a certain look and feel. Every since New Super and Galaxy, their games have been similar in how they look and play. They look "clean" and usually have one or two new features to separate it from the previous edition, but I can't see them creating huge differences in length or style between their games, like the difference between Mario Bros. 1 and 2, for example.

I think somebody recently mentioned that they've modelled themselves on Apple. I'd agree with that, but I'd also argue that they've perhaps gone a bit too far and have somehow lost what Nintendo originally was about, which was making games for gamers. I'm all for making games available for everyone, but they've lost a significant amount of their core audience by doing this. This sort of stuff could be solved with difficulty settings in games. Why not include that? Instead of making it "easy" for everyone. (I know that newcomers will find it hard for them, but what about the ones who have been there since the beginning?)

I guess we all know what to expect with 3D Mario these days. 1,000 lives in about 12 minutes. It removes the challenge, but easy games can be fun as well - especially games that are being directly aimed toward families with children and old people who suck.

Want more challenge? Don't get the damn lives. Let them wobble around for a few minutes and fall off an edge into oblivion. It's like the EXP Share item in Pokémon X and Y - just turn it off or ignore it for that classic grind.

Is there definitely no DLC confirmed for 3D World? If this game really is super easy (even though 8 hours is still a healthy playtime) surely a Super Luigi level pack would be welcomed by older Mario fans. Add in some new playable characters, a few new worlds and *coin sound effect*.

Pretty much this. Whether we like to admit it or not, Nintendo have changed. Newtendo. They have a particular style, especially with their Mario games, they have a certain look and feel. Every since New Super and Galaxy, their games have been similar in how they look and play. They look "clean" and usually have one or two new features to separate it from the previous edition, but I can't see them creating huge differences in length or style between their games, like the difference between Mario Bros. 1 and 2, for example.

I think somebody recently mentioned that they've modelled themselves on Apple. I'd agree with that, but I'd also argue that they've perhaps gone a bit too far and have somehow lost what Nintendo originally was about, which was making games for gamers. I'm all for making games available for everyone, but they've lost a significant amount of their core audience by doing this. This sort of stuff could be solved with difficulty settings in games. Why not include that? Instead of making it "easy" for everyone. (I know that newcomers will find it hard for them, but what about the ones who have been there since the beginning?)

They have gone too far. Take the latest paper Mario and the ridiculous amount of tutorial. It's like they want to hold your hand through the whole game.

Super Mario 3D World will have post game Content like Super Mario 3D Land

Josh from The Bit Block, recently stated that Super Mario 3D World took him around 8 hours to beat. Naturally, a lot of people started freaking out without even thinking for a second about who is making this game. Two reviewers from NeoGAF have issued statements about Super Mario 3D World’s length.

“I won’t spoil anything, but anyone who has played 3D Land, knows that finishing the game is really not finishing it at all. That’s all I can say.

“It’s a lot longer than 8 hours, folks. I can’t really say much more than that, but don’t worry.”

I don’t need a reviewer to tell me this, but I know some of you guys were concerned about the news. Tokyo EAD would NEVER make a main Mario game only eight hours with nothing left to do.

I already knew there was going to be special worlds and extras after the game was over.

http://playeressence.com/super-mario-3d-world-will-have-post-game-content-like-super-mario-3d-land/

Exactly. People are so fickle and quick to bitch and moan when they know nothing. So frustrating.

Edited by dazzybee

In 8 hours? Yes

Well shit. You've totally proved my point conclusively wrong.

Unless...ykno, you wanted to actually prove it. Which is probably difficult as you've played the game before. You'd be looking an average of 6 minutes and 24 seconds per star at minimum, though that's possibly still doable too. However it requires knowledge of the game and most efficient routes stars etc. In fact, looking at those numbers and facts, I'd find it highly likely you're just spouting bullshit unless you can actually prove otherwise(though again, it's a conundrum given you've played the games before).

They have gone too far. Take the latest paper Mario and the ridiculous amount of tutorial. It's like they want to hold your hand through the whole game.

Also Mario and Luigi RPG 4. Way too much holding hand tactics!