NEurope
Grazza

Super Mario 3D World (Nov 29th)

* Multiplayer

* Similar to 3D Land

* Cat outfit

Edited by Retro_Link

Without online co-op I might give this a miss. I felt a little underwhelmed by it.

At least it's peach and toadstool not two random toads.... But I feel like a Wii U title should be a bit bigger than this, at first glance I thought it was a new 3DS title. Do we really need to put 3D back in our game titles now? I mean, Nintendo nailed that 17 years ago with SM64.

I couldnt get the stream to work and when it did it was showing this. I was thinking "YES! A sequel to 3D land!"

Then I realised later it was for the wii u :-/

For a showcase Wii U title, this was a let down.

I don't understand how it looks worse than Mario Kart!... a game that's never really been about visuals.

This made Mario Kart look incredible.

It seems like a stop gap game similar to Wind Waker HD until a proper Galaxy type adventure can be brought out.

So sick of that flag pole.

I'm not really a fan of cats either, so.

It feels like a step back. Even Mario at the start looks like NSMB Mario.

Music was also Meh. Urgh... this was really disappointing!!

Someone says Peach is playable in this. Peach as a playable character... PLAYABLE PEACH?!

Day 1.

:laughing:

All I have to say about the reaction to this title at the moment...

...Meeeeeeeeooow! :p

But seriously, I know Nintendo said 3D Mario, so naturally we were all expecting something like Super Mario Galaxy... this is still something pretty damn awesome though. :)

Mario + Cats = win!

Plus... Playable Peach!!! :o

It just looks so so poor if you place it alongside Galaxy! It looks half-arsed!

This looks great... or it would do had Nintendo not already blown our minds with Galaxy.

It's a little bit of a curse in a way. To me the pinnacle of pure gameplay was Mario Galaxy 2. This compares rather poorly to that. It looks flat, slightly dated and doesn't have the same imagination and wonder to it.

I'm sure it will be brilliant, but as the follow up to the two best games of the last gen, it does fall short!

I think the all the GPU&CPU flops going spare from this game must be powering the Xbone's cloud or some shit.

Gameplay is key here. I think the entire concept is great, especially if they add online (they won't).

There's no denying the sheer scale of Galaxy is missing in this early reveal trailer though. It seems like it would have been better suited to 3DS. I'll try and reserve judgement until I play it.

Anita must be overjoyed Peach was added as a playable character.

Need me another SM64 style hub world and openish worlds tbh. I don't care much for this, though I might pick it up. It feels tired already(3d land+nsmb multi) - why even call it/put 3D in the title too? Cos it's like 3D land? Seems peculiar to me. They're running out of random shit to throw on their mario names.

FINALLY! A 3D 4 player Mario game, I've been wanting this ever since I first laid eyes upon Mario 64x4.

Can't wait! Also, the inclusion of Peach and Luigi's flutter legs is amazing!

Quite happy to see a new suit in the game, especially as it's a Cat suit.

But still not quite the Mario game i'd been expecting to be revealed. Not for Wii U anyways. Figure we may of seen another 3DS 3D Land.

This game looks great. It looks like good, decent Mario fun. I'll be happy to get this, and to play with friends

Just finished watching the whole show for the 2nd time and if you watch from the 5:00 minute mark there seems to be a level editor shown for this game. Was unsure the first time I watched, now I think it looks awesome. The Cat Mario abilities look cool, and imagine making your own levels!

It's understandable to feel disappointed by this, as Wii got not one but two Galaxy-games, which were both top notch.

When you give 3D Land sequel to someone looking for more Galaxy greatness, it's easy to be disappointed. However, 3D Land was a blast of a game, and if Nintendo still has the magic of level design (which they have) I'm pretty sure this will be a blast to play, too.

Especially with a level editor. If only you could share those levels online...

Love the cat power up, and I'm sure that if this is anything like 3D Land, it'll be amazing. Just a bit disappointed, like others, that this is supposed to be the next step on from Galaxy.

It's understandable to feel disappointed by this, as Wii got not one but two Galaxy-games, which were both top notch.

When you give 3D Land sequel to someone looking for more Galaxy greatness, it's easy to be disappointed. However, 3D Land was a blast of a game, and if Nintendo still has the magic of level design (which they have) I'm pretty sure this will be a blast to play, too.

Especially with a level editor. If only you could share those levels online...

3D land was great for the 3DS. The sequel is not so good for a home console.

3D land was great for the 3DS. The sequel is not so good for a home console.

How do you know? What makes it that way?

I know we've seen little over a minute of gameplay but even so, that gameplay doesn't look as good as gameplay from Mario 64!

It just looks to lack the ambition, originality and even the visual beauty that Galaxy has! That is bad for a new console that's in need of shifting units!

How do you know it is good for a home console?

Would have been great for the 3DS. I was looking for mario galaxy type game not a sequel to a 3DS game.

However as time goes on and the hype disappears I will probably change my mind about it but at the minute I feel disappointed. If nintendo fans are feeling disappointed about that crap E3 direct then the general public are noy going to be exactly enthusiastic are they.