N-Europe

Mario Kart 8

Ike

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stop watching the new trailer, sends shivers up my spine every time! :o

Wish Nintendo would've revealed some more info last night too, but I suppose they want to keep it back for the inevitable MK8 Direct.

Which is probably for the best, as too much revealed in advance will just make the wait even harder! :hmm:

I've been checking out some of the new artwork for the game though, it's really nice. They've got Lakitu rocking a TV camera with the MK TV logo on it. :cool:

A lot of the items appear to have new renders for this version too, including the Red Shell. *saves for future avatar/sig* ;)

How am I going to cope with this 105 day wait? :D

I highly doubt that. :heh:

There should be at least 2 weeks from launch date before starting the league, in order for everyone to get used to the new gameplay and unlock a decent amount of characters/vehicles.

Lostmario's call though.

I was joking buddy just getting hyped

when does the league start... 1st June?

There should be at least 2 weeks from launch date before starting the league, in order for everyone to get used to the new gameplay and unlock a decent amount of characters/vehicles.

Lostmario's call though.

Thursday 26th June

Was going to be 19th June but England are playing Uruguay in the World Cup that Thursday.

That gives everyone plenty of time to get characters, courses & karts unlocked.

I just realised that May 30th doesn't suit me at all, I've got a holiday to Disney Paris booked for June 1st, I'll only have 2 days of Mario Kart before being torn away for till the 6th .....

Take the Wii U with you. All you need is a plug socket.

Yeah saw that earlier... I can't express how fucking incredible this game looks to me. Yeah it's Mario Kart. But I love mario Kart and this looks the most exciting version yet. If they nail the online, other modes, social and mario kart tv it will be just perfect! No other game this year excites me more... which is a bit weird...

I feel they are underplaying how awesome this game could be. Instead of calling it Mario Kart 8 it should have been called Mario Kart World or something, with a fully integrated online system with the ability to watch others play and compete in online championships.

Here's hoping for some more Super Circuit tracks; I loved how narrow and short they were. Bring em back!

Well, let's be honest, I really don't expect anything spectacular from the online. Nintendo's online vision even with the Wii U has been "really basic" so far, so big sudden changes are highly unlikely to happen. I'd predict that the online is a bit better than in MK7, i.e. the same custom groups with some really minor adds. Communicating with other players via proper text or even voice chat? Wouldn't hold my breath for that...

Edited by Ville

I'm glad I haven't played Mario Kart DS and MK7 now! Heeeeeello even more 'new' courses!

Wasn't the biggest Grumble Volcano fan though.

I imagine there will still be an item box in your HUD despite characters holding the item, as it's the quickest way to tell which item you've picked up.

Larry and Lemmy ftw.

Thursday 26th June

Was going to be 19th June but England are playing Uruguay in the World Cup that Thursday.

That gives everyone plenty of time to get characters, courses & karts unlocked.

You wanna do up maybe a few small features for the lead up to the start of the league to try build hype/interest.... maybe once a month till the start?

You wanna do up maybe a few small features for the lead up to the start of the league to try build hype/interest.... maybe once a month till the start?

Going to keep posting the coming in June league teaser.

Planning to update the history of the league with 2012 & 2013 years.

Edited by lostmario

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!