NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

What if they did the general emulation for their subscription service but if you wish to buy them, it's the singular emulation still.

Well as long as they continued to provide that, I wouldn't complain.

Still, I don't see any reason for them to bother with that. That's adding even more workload on them, having to maintain two sets of emulators.

And besides, it's not like we don't know that they don't have loads of games already released in other regions that aren't currently available to us (Super Mario Kart, Secret of Mana, Ogre Battle, Panel de Pon/Tetris Attack, Castlevania 1 & 2 etc). I really doubt that the technical challenges involved are what's keeping the schedule moving so slowly. Sony take a generalist emulation approach and their PS1/PS2 classics services are hardly swamped with content every week.

Licensing/convincing 3rd parties to allow them to re-release their games is the biggest challenge here, not the actual task of converting the already existing emulators (though of course, as I mentioned before, other consoles would of course prove to be more challenging) and changing the method of emulation won't get past that problem.

Well things will certainly become interesting if they do decide to go the 'en-mass' release route... for me it would mean that I could effectively choose which games that I review for VC Weekly, would definitely shake things up. :D

Oh speaking of...

content-2-33882-vcw200-25.jpg

VC Weekly #277

: peace:

Two Tribes have said indies have something this week too. But that could be just the sale... So a sale or a direct with loads on!

EDIT: Oh, just seen people mentioning about Two Tribes comment... Anyways. Could still happen I guess...

The virtual console really is bollocks isn't it... Nintendo are sitting on a gold mine... I've long past understood them.

The virtual console really is bollocks isn't it... Nintendo are sitting on a gold mine... I've long past understood them.

Yep pretty much accepted now that the service is run by idiots and don't expect anything anymore.

I just don't get it. How come no journalist ever interrogates Nintendo on these matters. It is beyond limp. Why are they not providing a little more content, why are they not widening the range of platforms? Why are they charging us for games we've already bought? Why do we have to buy console and handheld versions of the same game?

I just don't get it. How come no journalist ever interrogates Nintendo on these matters. It is beyond limp. Why are they not providing a little more content, why are they not widening the range of platforms? Why are they charging us for games we've already bought? Why do we have to buy console and handheld versions of the same game?

This.

They get away with such archaic procedure.

Any sane person would've thought it was a good idea to fill the release drought with a decent amount of VC games...

It's a fucking joke! But what's new there? There's nothing to say that I haven't already said a thousand times :(

I'll see if I can get anything out of my contacts. There has to be a reason for this.

There has to be a reason because its mad......

I do wonder is a further firmware update coming allowing button control of the gamepad in Wii Mode... a back door market flood of titles via Wii VC, then they can releas upgraded wiiUVC titles at their own pace

it would be the shorty term solution to solve some of their issues....shame it won't happen

Any sane person would've thought it was a good idea to fill the release drought with a decent amount of VC games...

right exactly! I wonder what the hold up is, this surely can't be intentional can it?

They should release a few every month. They need to release new formats. The virtual console is so limp, so dull, it could be an incredibly exciting service but Nintendo aren't using it, at a time when they absolutely need to, and could paper over a few cracks as well!!

Im bored of saying that the VC is shite.

Nintendo obviously thinks it is the best thing ever. Whoever advises them of these issues certainly needs to be put through the company's disciplinary process.

I just want Mario 64, Wave Race and 1080 for Christ sake. Am I asking for too much?

I just want Mario 64, Wave Race and 1080 for Christ sake. Am I asking for too much?

Too little, you should be asking for 60hz versions. :heh:

It's been said to death, the WiiU VC is on life support. Heck, the Wii VC is better than this. I guess Nintendo see it as there is a huge library of titles on the WiiVC that they don't see the need to release more on the U.

Dr Mario NES is our VC game for next week

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/NES/Dr-Mario-851413.html

This is actually a pretty significant release here since it's the first time that the original NES version of Dr Mario has EVER been re-released, other than as part of the Classic NES series for GBA (it never came to the Wii or 3DS VC service in any region and it wasn't included in Animal Crossing GCN or the eCard NES series).

Even if you're not interested in getting the game, it's actually a pretty momentous event :D

Edited by Dcubed

why the obsession with Dr Mario right now?

More to the point - why the obsession with games hardly anyone wants? It makes sense not to release all of the big titles really soon, but at least release A FEW. I'm sick of waiting now, they're doing a great job of promoting emulators because they sure as hell can't offer the retro experiences themselves.