NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Holy shizballs! Good news!!!

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=JcQg82%2bUj6EpXlHM7Wt%252fMQ%253d%253d&ncdctx=FF9xWpivmSOiCzhbJdbsWng4w%252fVJHSEgIn%2bmoPa8trrnFisvGzKrxTNaA6aKhvkX

Pop N' Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventures just got rated on the OFLC website for a Wii U VC release! It's a Konami SNES game that never got released on the Wii VC in ANY region!

That means that Konami are actually digging into their un-re-released catalogue for the Wii U VC!!! :yay: We can still get the likes of Dracula X, Sparkster, Super Bomberman 1-5, Sunset Riders and TMNT Turtles in Time on the VC! :bouncy:

Of course, the fact that it was never released in the US means that it'll almost certainly be the original PAL version running at 50hz, but still! Good news! :D

Edited by Dcubed

Holy shizballs! Good news!!!

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=JcQg82%2bUj6EpXlHM7Wt%252fMQ%253d%253d&ncdctx=FF9xWpivmSOiCzhbJdbsWng4w%252fVJHSEgIn%2bmoPa8trrnFisvGzKrxTNaA6aKhvkX

Pop N' Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventures just got rated on the OFLC website for a Wii U VC release! It's a Konami SNES game that never got released on the Wii VC in ANY region!

That means that Konami are actually digging into their un-re-released catalogue for the Wii U VC!!! :yay: We can still get the likes of Dracula X, Super Bomberman 1-5, Sunset Riders and TMNT Heroes in Time on the VC! :bouncy:

I read about this the other day but it was hinted to be the Gameboy release. If it's the SNES version then that's freaking amazing. I have find memories if Pop N Twinbee! I used to rent it all the time as a kid.

I read about this the other day but it was hinted to be the Gameboy release. If it's the SNES version then that's freaking amazing. I have find memories if Pop N Twinbee! I used to rent it all the time as a kid.

No that's a separate game entirely just called Pop N' Twinbee. This is a completely different game called Pop N' Twinbee: Rainbow Bell Adventures.

It's also a separate classification that was made earlier than this new one.

Edited by Dcubed

I really hope the above news turns out to be true and that we do get some more 16-bit Konami goodness :) quite honestly the last game I really properly enjoyed both playing and reviewing was Super Castlevania IV so actually getting more releases of similar calibre would be something of a blessing for me personally. : peace:

Also I hope that Capcom get on with releasing more of the Mega Man X titles as they are always welcome of course. :D

I really hope the above news turns out to be true and that we do get some more 16-bit Konami goodness :) quite honestly the last game I really properly enjoyed both playing and reviewing was Super Castlevania IV so actually getting more releases of similar calibre would be something of a blessing for me personally. : peace:

Also I hope that Capcom get on with releasing more of the Mega Man X titles as they are always welcome of course. :D

The classification is definitely real and it's definitely the un-re-released SNES game in question. Whether or not it's gonna be released any time soon is a different matter entirely though...

Edited by Dcubed

I really hope the above news turns out to be true and that we do get some more 16-bit Konami goodness :)

Maaaan. Remember when Konami were good and had more than MGS, Castlevania and PES? Those were the days! :awesome:

A Link to the Past is on the Virtual Console this week. £5.49

You see Toad on the N-E banner at the top of the page? That's how I feel right now.

I can't wait to play through this gem again, despite only playing through it in January.

I see it's the EU version ( 50hz ) of the game. It doesn't bother me in the slightest but @Dcubed won't be happy, will he?

Aww. I was hoping to play the 60hz one for once.

Meh, still only £1.49 and can play on my GamePad so I'm happy.

I'd like to play it with the GamePad (not on), but having the screen on (even with the "off" setting which still has a message and the screen light on) would annoy me.

Oh hey, I know I'm a bit late in posting this one (I'm sure that some of you with a keen eye have probably already noticed this), but for those who haven't already spotted it...

SEGA have been posting a series of interviews with developer M2 on their blog about the SEGA 3D Classics range that is now getting released on the 3DS here in the west and an... interesting... picture was included in one of their interviews...

Before looking at it, bare in mind that M2 were the ones who handled the Mega Drive, Master System, Neogeo and most of the VCA releases on the Wii's VC service (as well as the Game Gear VC releases on 3DS)...

Spot two controllers that looks suspiciously like a Wii U Gamepad and a Wii Remote, next to a Megadrive and a SEGA Saturn console? Tis a good sign ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Last minute announcement/Nintendo Direct?

Such a poor week considering it's the last week before Christmas.

they had best be releasing some spectacular games in bulk next week, or have a surprise nintendo direct anouncing GBA/GAMECUBE/SATURN/MEGADRIVE etc releases coming directly after it

Pretty pathetic considering that this the last update before Xmas. You'd think that they'd have SOMETHING lined up for Wii U...

Pretty pathetic considering that this the last update before Xmas. You'd think that they'd have SOMETHING lined up for Wii U...

Maybe there will be a Nintendo Direct this week and it'll have N64 and GBA games with it... :(

Maybe there will be a Nintendo Direct this week and it'll have N64 and GBA games with it... :(

HA HA HA HA HA... he he he... yeah :(

Strange that there are no N64 games on it, while the Wii had plenty. Especially when you consider the Wii U is out for over a year... I had hoped/wished/predicted that we would have GC VC games by now. It seems like a missed opportunity for Nintendo.

Maybe they are struggling with compatibility issues or something? ::shrug:

Strange that there are no N64 games on it, while the Wii had plenty. Especially when you consider the Wii U is out for over a year... I had hoped/wished/predicted that we would have GC VC games by now. It seems like a missed opportunity for Nintendo.

Maybe they are struggling with compatibility issues or something? ::shrug:

Its nothing short of shambolic the way the VC has been handled on the Wii u.