NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Great to see Wall of Fire finally get an EU release! :D

Not a bad week for VC releases really, even if neither game interests me personally (grumble grumble... Mega Man X still missing... grumble grumble...)

Guess they felt that Ducktales Remastered filled the gap this week :cry:

Well the last few times there was nothing listed...

Well the last few times there was nothing listed...

Shhh, it only works if I make a comment on here stating how angry/depressed I am. Don't let them cotton on ;)

Shhh, it only works if I make a comment on here stating how angry/depressed I am. Don't let them cotton on ;)

It could be MegaMan X :p

It could be MegaMan X :p

That would be acceptable :) (though, a certain other Capcom classic title that might be related to a certain eShop release this week would be even better ;) )

Looks like Nintendo are releasing all 3 of the SNES versions of Street Fighter 2 next week in the US!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=654715

Well that's nice to see. Great to see them get all the different versions of SF2 out of the way in one go, instead of releasing each one seperately (each taking up valuable slots in the weekly schedule) like with the Wii VC.

Hopefully they do the same with all the other equivalent games that have multiple versions/multiplatform releases (I'm looking at you Wonderboy/Monster World!)

Super Street Fighter™ II: The New Challengers

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior™

Street Fighter™ II Turbo: Hyper Fighting

Special "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" offer: If you buy any two out of these three Street Fighter games on Nintendo eShop on your Wii U, you can download the third one for free! Only until 29/08/13.

If one more person mentions Mega Man X, I might have to get it just to see what all the fuss is about! If it ever gets released...

Great indicator of Megaman X's supposed quality when you can't be arsed beating one let alone 5 of those turrets at the very start of a level, so you walk right through them.

Super Street Fighter™ II: The New Challengers

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior™

Street Fighter™ II Turbo: Hyper Fighting

Special "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" offer: If you buy any two out of these three Street Fighter games on Nintendo eShop on your Wii U, you can download the third one for free! Only until 29/08/13.

Sorry, what's the difference between them all.

Me and My mates played Street Fighter II to death back in the day on the SNES, but I couldn't tell you which one it was. How am I to know...?

@Phube By the characters.

-SFII World Warrior: the first game, has only 8 fighters.

-SFII Hyper Fighting: more speed, adds the 4 bosses as playable characters.

-Super SFII New Challengers: adds 4 more characters (Cammy, Fei Long, T.Hawk, Dee Jay)

Hope I got it right now...

Edited by Ville

Am I correct to think Cammy isn't in turbo, though? I recall playing Street Fighter II Turbo on SNES, it had the 'bosses' but not Cammy etc.

@Rummy Yeah, I got them the wrong way around first. I only owned World Warrior back in the day. Anyway, seems that the New Challengers is the way to go here, has 16 characters...

@Phube By the characters.

-SFII World Warrior: the first game, has only 8 fighters.

-SFII Hyper Fighting: more speed, adds the 4 bosses as playable characters.

-Super SFII New Challengers: adds 4 more characters (Cammy, Fei Long, T.Hawk, Dee Jay)

Hope I got it right now...

Am I correct to think Cammy isn't in turbo, though? I recall playing Street Fighter II Turbo on SNES, it had the 'bosses' but not Cammy etc.

Definitely no Cammy, I think it was called ' Super Street Fighter II Turbo' but none of them are called that!?

Learning what's different in the Street Fighter II triple threat hitting Wii U VC this week

For those wondering what the differences are between the 3 versions.

Definitely no Cammy, I think it was called ' Super Street Fighter II Turbo' but none of them are called that!?

Street Fighter II: The World Warrior had the eight characters - Ryu, Ken, Dhalsim, Blanka, Guile, Zangief, E. Honda and Chun Li. There were then four bosses which were NOT playable: Balrog, Vega, Sagat and M. Bison.

Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting has the same twelve characters as above, but the bosses were now playable. The game was also faster and tweaked and added to the characters move sets.

Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers has the original twelve characters and changed and added to their move sets, it also altered them slightly and their animations. It then added four new characters: T. Hawk, Cammy, Fei Long and DeeJay.

Super Street Fight II Turbo was a faster version of the later game which added a super combo bar at the bottom, which once filled allowed you to release a super version of one of your special moves. Akuma was also introduced as a hidden character. This game (unlike the three above) didn't come out on the SNES!

Ugh! Just pisses me off that we can't just get the arcade versions of these games. What the hell is taking Nintendo so long with the VC Arcade!?

Ugh! Just pisses me off that we can't just get the arcade versions of these games. What the hell is taking Nintendo so long with the VC Arcade/N64/GBA/GC!?

Fixed that for you. :D

Ugh! Just pisses me off that we can't just get the arcade versions of these games. What the hell is taking Nintendo so long with the VC Arcade!?

The arcade versions were superior, but the SNES versions were still great. The big change came at SSF2:TNC as that was when Capcom moved from the CPS1 arcade boards to the CPS2 arcade boards. That's why the CPS1 stuff was always a more faithful reproduction on the SNES.

These three titles should really all have online - and I know they won't. It's highly frustrating.