NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Megaman 2 doesn't need extra saves, that game has passwords for everything except the final levels. You're probably thinking of Megaman 1, which had no passwords, and was way more difficult than the rest of the series.

I'm talking about all of the original series. All of them are quite unforgiving so a save state is a welcome feature, despite having a password system.

I will be abusing the save feature. There are no questions about that.

I'm talking about all of the original series. All of them are quite unforgiving so a save state is a welcome feature, despite having a password system.

No doubt on this brother. I played MM2 on a device with savestates...I would have probably killed myself if I didn't have the feature @Jonnas! Tbh though it's just that I'm not as hardcore as I might have been a kid.

Meh, I just don't see why I would use save states in a game with constant checkpoints ::shrug: It's one thing to have them when the game doesn't have passwords or saves, but when the price of death is to be set back a few screens, it really isn't much of an issue.

It's possible you're talking about stuff like disappearing blocks, but even those have in-game workarounds. In fact, what I like about Megaman is that you can do levels in the order you prefer, so if you find a level too difficult, come back later with better weapons or items.

Also, you're making it sound like Megaman 2 has Contra or Battletoads levels of difficulty. It really doesn't :heh:

Strangely, there are zero VC games listed for the Wii U this week. I smell a Direct...

I smell Nintendo have done what we all knew anyway; they've abandoned the Virtual Console :)

I smell Nintendo have done what we all knew anyway; they've abandoned the Virtual Console :)

Now you're being ridiculous :p Last time this happened, we got the MegaMan games

Well Donkey Kong is out today, that was technically part of last week's update but I forgot it was out today.

Strangely, there are zero VC games listed for the Wii U this week. I smell a Direct...

Unlikely. We're not due a Direct until next month, going by the usual bimonthly schedule...

Or they are just treating the VC like shit like they have done from day 1.

Insert @Hero\-of\-Time weekly rant that there is no Megaman X :-)

Unlikely. We're not due a Direct until next month, going by the usual bimonthly schedule...

A big one, no...

Insert @Hero\-of\-Time weekly rant that there is no Megaman X :-)

You beat me to it!

*shakes angry fist*

Oooh. It's the 30th Anniversary of the Famicom today, that's why Donkey Kong was released today. /duh

Now you're being ridiculous :p Last time this happened, we got the MegaMan games

I hope you're right. I don't think we'll get anything, but be nice to get something amazing. I'm not too fussed, my life is utterly insane until September so I say just wait and splurge from then nintendo!

Well ive discovered that no one were fibbing when they were saying Megaman II is difficult.

I was that shite that I didnt even have the chance to use the save feature.

Well ive discovered that no one were fibbing when they were saying Megaman II is difficult.

I was that shite that I didnt even have the chance to use the save feature.

You should explore the game by yourself, so I won't tell you who to start with. But I will say who you should leave for later: Quick Man and Heat Man.

If you decided to give those guys a go, yeah, their stages feel like brick walls at first.

Just from playing Mega Man 9, I think it is actually the hardest game series I've played.

Kirby's Dream Land™ 3 is our Virtual Console release this week

POYO!!!

tumblr_mbw6nxvFVP1qlxwcdo1_250.gif

About frickin' time! Shame that Mega Man X isn't also coming this week, but we're only one game behind the US now (they're playing catchup with us and are getting Kid Icarus this week), so that's not too bad :)

Here's hoping that they start bringing over more games from the JPN Wii U VC soon! (Super Mario Kart, Final Fantasy 6, the Fire Emblem games, Secret of Mana, Kirby Super Star Stacker and Panel de Pon would be much appreciated Nintendo ;) )

Edited by Dcubed

About frickin' time! Shame that Mega Man X isn't also coming this week, but we're only one game behind the US now (they're playing catchup with us and are getting Kid Icarus this week), so that's not too bad :)

*grumble grumble*

I'm surprised they even released Kirby game this week, as Pikmin 3 is coming also. That could go unseen, as Kirby is not as popular in Europe as he (she?) is in America.

That could go unseen, as Kirby is not as popular in Europe as he (she?) is in America.

masahiro_sakurai.jpg

Kirby's a dude. Not a dudette :p

Still no notification on the Wii U VC this week, and the investor meeting is tomorrow.

Fascinating ;)