NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Still no notification on the Wii U VC this week, and the investor meeting is tomorrow.

Fascinating ;)

GBA titles to be added. Mother 3 to launch the service.

I don't see that. No reason to release Mother 3 now, this close to Earthbound. I could see some other things happen, like adding more platforms for Virtual Console or even unifying both eShops under NNID.

Not gonna get my hopes up, but Serebii was right with Earthbound, so I'll see.

I don't see that. No reason to release Mother 3 now, this close to Earthbound. I could see some other things happen, like adding more platforms for Virtual Console or even unifying both eShops under NNID.

Not gonna get my hopes up, but Serebii was right with Earthbound, so I'll see.

I'm always right :p

I'm just guessing here though. It is a bit suspect that we haven't had any press release for any Nintendo eShop.

I'll scream. Just because.

Come oooon, Capcom! Meeeeega Maaaan Eeeeeeex! Noooooooooow!

That said, we have one Japanese Wii U VC game listed, Famicom Detective Club Part 2.

It's just the lack of notifications when there are games we know coming out this week such as Cloudberry Kingdom which is why it makes no sense

It's not just the Wii U VC. Nintendo haven't announced anything about what's coming this week on either 3DS or Wii U... (although we know that Flipnote Studio 3D and Cloudberry Kingdom are due this week)

Still no notification on the Wii U VC this week, and the investor meeting is tomorrow.

Fascinating ;)

Thursday just so happens to be August 1st. The start of the month where we're due a major bi-monthly Nintendo Direct...

Edited by Dcubed

That said, we have one Japanese Wii U VC game listed, Famicom Detective Club Part 2.

Really liked that one (played a translated rom). Too bad Nintendo will probably never localize a game about murders.

Really liked that one (played a translated rom). Too bad Nintendo will probably never localize a game about murders.

Hotel Dusk & Last Window?

Plenty of Nintendo published/developed games feature murder (Eternal Darkness, Hotel Dusk, the Fire Emblem series, Last Window, Paper Mario TTYD, Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Other M, Xenoblade etc). The game's subject matter has nothing to do with its chances of localisation.

It's just, sadly, a low profile game. I'd love to play it too :( But let's focus on higher profile stuff first, like Mother 1 & 3 and Fire Emblem 1-6!

I love when Nintendo surprises us! Exciiiiited!

Nintendo, shouting like Will Smith in Independence Day...

"Welcome To Earth!"

I love when Nintendo surprises us! Exciiiiited!

Nintendo, shouting like Will Smith in Independence Day...

"Welcome To Earth!"

TBH, I don't think we're getting a ND this week. The last ND Mini came out only just over a week ago and major NDs usually see release in the middle of a month, or towards the end.

As for what's gonna be in it, it'll no doubt be focused on the Summer Autumn Wii U system update. It'll probably also herald the release of the N64 and GBA VC (that might actually happen this month - as the VC release schedule for those consoles would've originally been set for August, when the update was originally due).

Also, I doubt that they'll announce a release for Mother 3 before announcing Mother 1's release. Remember, Japan hasn't gotten a VC release of the original game yet either (not even on Wii or 3DS), so that'll almost certainly come first.

Since everyone is being optimistic i'll bring you crashing down to earth!

the lack of news is because they've gone to fortnightly updates of the VC :laughing:

Hotel Dusk & Last Window?

Dammit, still need to play Hotel Dusk. Didn't know that was about a murder.

Plenty of Nintendo published/developed games feature murder (Eternal Darkness, Hotel Dusk, the Fire Emblem series, Last Window, Paper Mario TTYD, Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Other M, Xenoblade etc). The game's subject matter has nothing to do with its chances of localisation.

It's just, sadly, a low profile game. I'd love to play it too :( But let's focus on higher profile stuff first, like Mother 1 & 3 and Fire Emblem 1-6!

Okay, makes sense. But detective club features explicit blood and violence in the "Bones" and "CSI" sense. Certainly not something we can use Zelda or even Fire Emblem to compare.

Still, better chances than Fire Emblem 4 :heh:

I doubt we'll get a Nintendo Direct this week, but with the Investor Meeting tomorrow and no press release about anything coming this week, when we know stuff is coming means something is coming

Welp, I was wrong. Harvest Moon SNES is the VC game this week

Oh never mind. We're getting Harvest Moon SNES this week (same as the US - yes, we still don't have Megaman X...)

Flipnote Studio 3D has been delayed though, so that's probably why the PR was late this week.

So I've got Donkey Kong, played a bit but....does it not have 50m? Like I go from 25 to 75 to final stage? Not that I'm complaining too much, iirc 50 occasionally tripped me up.

So I've got Donkey Kong, played a bit but....does it not have 50m? Like I go from 25 to 75 to final stage? Not that I'm complaining too much, iirc 50 occasionally tripped me up.

I snagged that on the 99p deal, fine classic game right here. It's a pity Animal Crossing, Pikmin and Monster Hunter are taking my time up.

No, sadly not. It's the NES version that was originally released - not the arcade version or the updated "Donkey Kong Original Edition" (the enhanced NES version with the missing content restored that was included with the red Wiis).

They have never actually put up Donkey Kong Original Edition for sale anywhere. It has always been used as a giveaway (the US got it on 3DS for free when people bought NSMB 2 on the eShop - think there were some other games they did it with as well...)

No, sadly not. It's the NES version that was originally released - not the arcade version or the updated "Donkey Kong Original Edition" (the enhanced NES version with the missing content restored that was included with the red Wiis).

They have never actually put up Donkey Kong Original Edition for sale anywhere. It has always been used as a giveaway (the US got it on 3DS for free when people bought NSMB 2 on the eShop - think there were some other games they did it with as well...)

It's amazing how difficult it is to buy coin-op versions in this day and age. Donkey Kong is one, then there are things like 3D Classics Altered Beast being the Mega Drive version. The coin-op of Golden Axe is one of my favourite titles on WiiWare - it's just a novelty to own the highest quality version. There are loads of other Sega and Capcom coin-ops I'd like to download.

It's amazing how difficult it is to buy coin-op versions in this day and age. Donkey Kong is one, then there are things like 3D Classics Altered Beast being the Mega Drive version. The coin-op of Golden Axe is one of my favourite titles on WiiWare - it's just a novelty to own the highest quality version. There are loads of other Sega and Capcom coin-ops I'd like to download.

Yeah I know what you mean, it's utterly maddening!

And when the arcade versions of games do get proper home releases, there's almost always something wrong with it, be it crappy quality emulation (Capcom Classics Collection, Data East Collection, The SNK NeoGeo Collections, all the backbone developed garbage and most XBLA releases), missing features (hi Sega Megadrive Collection!) or some other crap like crummy controls (hi Metal Slug Collection!).

And when you finally do see releases on a really great quality emulation service (Virtual Console Arcade) or collection (Capcom Arcade Cabinet, Model 2 Collection), they never have the games you actually really want! :mad:

It's just so bloody frustrating to see games either never get a release, or see really crappy quality releases that aren't worth your time. It's unbelievable that we STILL don't have a true arcade perfect port/home console emulation of Ghosts N' Goblins or Sunset Riders or Killer Instinct 1 & 2!

At least the Wii VC was kind to the NeoGeo. It might not have them all, but it did end up getting a good solid chunk of the total library (The Japanese service in particular got just over half of the entire console library - not bad in all really)

Edited by Dcubed

Still no Megaman X?

@Hero\-of\-Time get posting in the bad stuff thread!! Doesnt appear that its going to come out over here!

Still no Megaman X?

@Hero\-of\-Time get posting in the bad stuff thread!! Doesnt appear that its going to come out over here!

It's very rare that I venture into the big scary real world discussion board.

I've really stopped caring about it's release at this point. I still want it and will buy it whenever Nintendo sees fit to release it. I have both Megaman collections on the Gamecube and could easily play it on that but it means setting it up and faffing on with the Freeloader.

Never heard of Romance of the three Kingdoms, so I had to check. Yeah, this game is previously unreleased game in Europe, we got the first one with part VIII.

Hmm, you could color me slightly interested, but I'm probably not gonna get it right away.