NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

I maxed out my stats on my recent play through and found it a much easier experience. If I was close to levelling up I wouldn't put the crystal in but rather look around to level up by other means first. Once your maxed and found all the upgrades you have more than enough magic to keep yourself healed up.

Maybe I just like making things harder for myself. ;)

My next level up was at 6000 experience so I was only 2 levels away from max (1 away in magic and 1 in sword), think I had enough magic for 2 heals and then maybe a shield or jump.

You know, I had heard people thought "I am Error" was a genuine error but never believed it until someone posted about in on Miiverse. Although I'm half suspicious that it was another "Why Can't Metroid Crawl" attempt.

Edited by Ike

Mega Man X2 is next week in Japan.

You may begin the weekly cry about it not being in our eShop :p

Mega Man World 3 is also going on the Japanese eShop next week

Urban Champion (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Clu Clu Land (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

They love Urban Champion over at Nintendo HQ, huh?

Urban Champion (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

Clu Clu Land (Nintendo, NES VC) - €4.99/£3.49

They love Urban Champion over at Nintendo HQ, huh?

They must be the only ones, it's one of the many mediocre NES games that has been released for the third(?) time now - possibly fourth if you count the 3D remake - that I really dislike reviewing and would happily never do so again! :p

C'mon Nintendo give us some long-forgotten/unreleased gems! ;)

I can't wait for Urban Champion HD!

Or better yet, Urban Champion 2 developed by Retro...

Really, the only unreleased game that could potentially be release is Mother 1, since Nintendo apparently have a full English translation sitting around somewhere, similar to Sin and Punishment.

Aside from the Super FX chip games, Uniracer and most of their N64 games Nintendo almost released their entire back catalogue on the Wii virtual console. They really need to get third parties on board. Hudson was a great supporter of the VC but thanks to Konami they are gone.

Edited by Tamazoid

Well personally I wouldn't mind playing the Satellaview games that Nintendo released only in Japan, surely they must have complete versions of the Zelda games they broadcast for them including the remake of the NES original?

zeldaremake100407.gif

Or perhaps Mario Excitebike?

Excitebike_Mario_Stadium_1.gif

Probably will never happen though, but if it did. :D

I can't wait for Urban Champion HD!

Or better yet, Urban Champion 2 developed by Retro...

Really, the only unreleased game that could potentially be release is Mother 1, since Nintendo apparently have a full English translation sitting around somewhere, similar to Sin and Punishment.

Sin & Punishment did feature credits for the VC version in particular within the manual, so I'm not so sure about that being an unreleased version. That being said, as far as unreleased games go, they could release Starfox 2 if they wanted to... (or perhaps the BS Satellaview games)

Aside from the Super FX chip games, Uniracer and most of their N64 games Nintendo almost released their entire back catalogue on the Wii virtual console. They really need to get third parties on board. Hudson was a great supporter of the VC but thanks to Konami they are gone.

Nintendo's Wii VC lineup was missing all of the NES Zapper, ROB and Superscope games, as well as quite a few inexplicable MIA NES & SNES titles like Famicom Grand Prix 1 & 2, Mother 1, Earthbound (now happily rectified), Dr Mario, Tetris, Tetris & Dr Mario, Tetris Attack (Japan DID get PDP though), Wario's Woods SNES, Super Tennis and Tin Star. So there's plenty that remain missing, even without going into unsupported accessories like the SNES mouse (MARIO PAINT! MARIO & WARIO!)

But yeah, Nintendo have actually been pretty good about getting their 1st party titles out quickly. It's the 3rd parties that are being slow (except for Capcom, who are doing good so far really). Here's hoping that they start getting into the missing NES and SNES games soon and then crack on quickly with the N64 and GBA cause there's a lot that's missing (The support for N64 VC games on Wii was pathetic!)

More importantly, they need to start translating more JPN only titles. It's utterly criminal to not see them capitalise on the success of Fire Emblem Awakening and get to translating the first 6 FE titles for the VC!

Edited by Dcubed

Well personally I wouldn't mind playing the Satellaview games that Nintendo released only in Japan, surely they must have complete versions of the Zelda games they broadcast for them including the remake of the NES original?

zeldaremake100407.gif

Or perhaps Mario Excitebike?

Excitebike_Mario_Stadium_1.gif

Probably will never happen though, but if it did. :D

It does seem possible for Satellaview games to make an appearance. Intelligent Systems did include the Satellaview Fire Emblem game in their FE3 remake on the DS so the files do seem to still be around.

So I was bored and I compiled a list of Nintendo published titles that were released on the Wii VC that have yet to be re-released on the Wii U VC...

NES

Pinball, Mach Rider, Baseball, Donkey Kong 3, Wario's Woods, Volleyball, Ice Hockey, DKJr Math, NES Open Tournament Golf, Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros 3, Startropics, Startropics 2, Adventures of Lolo, Adventures of Lolo 2, Yoshi's Cookie (De-listed)

16 games left to go (15 when discounting de-listed games)

SNES

Kirby's Avalanche, SimCity, Super Mario RPG, Super Punchout, Super Mario Kart, Zelda A Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country (De-listed), Donkey Kong Country 2 (De-listed), Donkey Kong Country 3 (De-listed)

9 games left to go (6 when discounting de-listed games; 5 if we don't count SimCity, which was de-listed in the US, but strangely not in Europe :confused: )

These games are the ones that will most likely make up the majority of the imminent VC release schedule, as they can seemingly be re-released at Nintendo's whim (though who knows what the hell is happening regarding DKC 1-3 and Yoshi's Cookie's licensing...)

Hopefully they'll get through their own games quickly and start getting into the games that weren't released on the Wii VC... (or in English at all... I'm looking at YOU Fire Emblem!)

As for the 3rd parties' track record in getting their Wii VC games out on the Wii U VC... Let's take a look at some of the bigger publishers and what games that were on the Wii VC are currently missing...

Capcom

NES

Mega Man 5 (1 game)

SNES

Street Fighter Alpha 2, Mega Man X2 (2 games)

Konami

NES

Castlevania, Probotector II/Super Contra, Castlevania II, Double Dribble, Blades of Steel, Skate or Die!, Bio Miracle Bokutte Upa, Castlevania III, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (De-listed) (9 games - 8 discounting de-listed games - 10 if we include Life Force, which was released in the US only on Wii)

SNES

Super Castlevania IV, Super Probotector/Contra 3, The Legend of the Mystical Ninja, Gradius III, Axelay (5 games)

Namco

NES

Dig Dug (1 game) (2 if we count Sky Kid, which was US only on Wii)

SNES

Pac Attack (1 game - 2 if we count Metal Marines, which was US only on Wii)

Square Enix

(They've released nothing on the Wii U VC outside of Japan yet, so below is a list of all the titles they released on the Wii VC in EU/US)

Final Fantasy, ActRaiser, Secret of Mana, Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen, Final Fantasy II/IV, Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy III/VI, Bubble Bobble (Taito), Operation Wolf (Taito), Space Invaders: The Original Game (11 games - 14 if we count US Wii VC only games including, The Legend of Kage (Taito), Elevator Action (Taito) and Darius Twin (Taito))

Tecmo-Koei

NES

Mighty Bomb Jack, Ninja Gaiden (2 games, 6 if we include US Wii VC only games including, Ninja Gaiden 2, Ninja Gaiden 3, Tecmo Bowl, Uncharted Waters: New Horizons, Nobunaga's Ambition, Genghis Khan II: Clan of the Gray Wolf - Note that Romance of the Three Kingdoms 4 HAS actually been released on the Wii U VC, making it the first time it has ever been released in Europe on any platform - meaning that they're ok with releasing previously unreleased titles over here now)

So looking at the major 3rd parties, Konami and Square Enix are the big holdouts (especially when you add the Hudson games to Konami's list which, even when ignoring almost the entire TG16 library, bumps up their list to a whopping 25!); while Capcom has already managed to re-release almost everything they ever released for the Wii VC... (And considering that Mega Man X2 has already been re-released in Wii U in Japan, while Mega Man 5 & 6 have also been re-released on 3DS in both the US AND EU, they'll probably fill those last three holes shortly enough...)

There is also a matter of other smaller companies which hold licenses like Jaleco, Sunsoft, Aksys Games & 505 Games (Technos...), Gmode (Data East) - where god only knows what's happening with them; but Konami and Square Enix stand out like a sore thumb amongst the big publishers...

Konami do seem interested in giving the Wii U VC some support, considering that Gradius is already on there and the JPN Wii U VC has quite a few titles like Super CV 4, Goemon etc (and Contra 3 has been rated for a Wii U release in Europe), but they're the biggest offender by far - especially when you add on Hudson's huge back catalogue... (And it gets even worse if you look at their full list of titles that haven't been re-released. Oh my lord Jesus Christ! The list is GINORMOUS! :o It's fucking criminal that such an incompetent company is sitting on such a gigantic list of IPs and classic titles! :mad: )

Edited by Dcubed

Donkey Kong 3, Baseball and Pinball this week

Wow! I was totally spot on! (Amazed that they're releasing 3 Wii U VC games this week BTW! :o Very nice!)

That leaves just 13 NES games left (12 if we discount Yoshi's Cookie) for Nintendo to re-release again on Wii U.

It's moving at a good pace :)

3DS is getting Wario's Woods this week. Shame that's not coming to Wii U

Probably will do soon enough. I just hope that we get the SNES version alongside the NES one when it does eventually hit - I've always wanted to try that version and they've never ever re-released the SNES version of Wario's Woods! (WHY!?)

I'm seeing a certain pattern with these releases. I looked upon the title screens of the games released during the last few weeks, and they all have a same kind of title screen, with a simple name.

Can't be a coincidense, feel like they are getting these "out of the way". Kind of, at least.

I bet that Nintendo will release the remaining un-re-released games in the following order...

DKJr Math, Volleyball, Ice Hockey, NES Open Tournament Golf, Mach Rider, Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels, Zelda ALTTP (probably released some time near A Link Between Worlds to coincide with that game's release), Wario's Woods (hopefully with both versions being made available!), Super Mario Kart, Sim City (assuming that licensing issues don't get in the way of an EU release), Adventures of Lolo, Adventures of Lolo 2, Kirby's Avalanche, Super Mario Bros 3, Super Punchout, StarTropics, Startropics 2, Super Mario RPG.

The only real questions are how quickly they'll get through the remaining games, whether or not the N64 and GBA VC will release before they get through all of the remaining games (because they WILL cut into their NES & SNES significantly) and whether or not they'll be able to re-release the games that were de-listed from the Wii VC...

Edited by Dcubed

Super Off Road with online and chat would ridiculous, especially if you had 5 in a game room and each race whoever came last was kicked for the next race. I can't believe nobody has done a retro multiplayer compilation with online.

Off Road, Gauntlet, Micro Machine spring instantly to mind.

Super Off Road with online and chat would ridiculous, especially if you had 5 in a game room and each race whoever came last was kicked for the next race. I can't believe nobody has done a retro multiplayer compilation with online.

Off Road, Gauntlet, Micro Machine spring instantly to mind.

Gauntlet was on XBLA, think it's delisted now. Me and my mates bought it and had such a good laugh playing it online. PLAYER 2 SHOT THE FOOD! PLAYER 4 IS IT!

Happy days.

Gauntlet was on XBLA, think it's delisted now. Me and my mates bought it and had such a good laugh playing it online. PLAYER 2 SHOT THE FOOD! PLAYER 4 IS IT!

Happy days.

There are so many brilliant multiplayer games from pre online days, that need nothing more than being rehashed with online multiplayer to be amazing. The only problem in those days was, it was never easy to get 4 people together to play local multiplayer. 4 player tetris on N64 was sublime. Damn! I keep thinking of more of them.