NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

:(

vc sucks then. :D

paper mario gc, top gear on the snes.. blast corp on the n64.. tmht2 arcade nes. my 4 most wanted vc titles.

VC on the Wii U without a doubt is wank.

Where's all the decent SNES, Megadrive, Saturn, N64 games?

We get shite week in, week out!

Does anyone know when Sega games are meant to make a splash on VC? Sega keep hinting at it but we've never got a solid release date for it?

at this point its quite obvious that games are ready for VC but are specifically held back for this drip drip release schedule....it makes no sense, as surely very few people buy a VC game a week, they more likely buy in bulk or when they fancy it, so a drip drip schedule benefits nobody

Be warned! Mystical Ninja is the 50hz EU version because it got a German localisation originally!

Be warned! Mystical Ninja is the 50hz EU version because it got a German localisation originally!
It's an awesome game though, even at 50hz. :)

I've seen posts on Miiverse suggesting people don't download it because of that, which is mental. :nono:

as surely very few people buy a VC game a week, they more likely buy in bulk or when they fancy it, so a drip drip schedule benefits nobody

Surely the opposite is more likely? People are far more likely to buy a standout game in a drip feed release schedule, rather than buy in bulk all at the same time. The way Nintendo are doing it makes sense to me (though the quality is still pretty lacking).

It's an awesome game though, even at 50hz. :)

I've seen posts on Miiverse suggesting people don't download it because of that, which is mental. :nono:

Oh yeah, it's still a great game. If you don't own a 60hz version and have no realistic way of playing one (US SNES, US Wii or US Wii U), then don't hesitate to buy the hell out of this game!

One of the best co-op games of the 16 bit era for sure! : peace:

Pah, Konami should come and release the Castlevania NES trilogy already here.

BTW, is it only me, or is there starting to be quite a difference between North American and European Virtual Console offerings lately?

Yep. US don't have Mario 3 or ALttP yet. We've had a lot of 3DS VC games before the US as well (such as the Wario Land games).

Yeah it is a bit weird. We have ALTTP, Mario's Super Picross and SMB 3 in hand while they have Castlevania 1 & 2, Double Dragon and Super Punchout.

No I have no bloody idea why they're starting to deviate again either :blank:

Oh and they still have Mario Golf GBC while we don't :mad:

Yeah it is a bit weird. We have ALTTP, Mario's Super Picross and SMB 3 in hand while they have Castlevania 1 & 2, Double Dragon and Super Punchout.

No I have no bloody idea why they're starting to deviate again either :blank:

Oh and they still have Mario Golf GBC while we don't :mad:

This is what happens when Nintendo Japan lets NOE and NOA have more autonomy :p

I mean hell, Japan has Secret of Mana

Edited by Serebii

Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels on Thursday

I've never played this, and it's on both the 3DS and (soon) WiiU. Choices, choices. If there ever was a time for Nintendo to allow 1 purchase of a game and allow downloading it to 3DS and WiiU, this (well Super Mario Bros 3 should have been it) is it.

Will only get the 1 license for it, unsure for what console though.

I've never played this, and it's on both the 3DS and (soon) WiiU. Choices, choices. If there ever was a time for Nintendo to allow 1 purchase of a game and allow downloading it to 3DS and WiiU, this (well Super Mario Bros 3 should have been it) is it.

Will only get the 1 license for it, unsure for what console though.

I'd say Wii U so you can play it on the big screen, or the small screen when in bed etc. if you do so wish, rather than an even smaller screen

Nothing this week. Seriously, the download titles this week are severely lacking.

I smell something brewing

Nothing this week. Seriously, the download titles this week are severely lacking.

Nintendo Direct? Nintendo Direct.

You smell something brewing one month too soon mate :p

This whole exchange gives me déjà vu

;)

You smell something brewing one month too soon mate :p

This whole exchange gives me déjà vu

;)

Mother 3 for the Wii U GBA launch title?

Yep, totally happening :p

They best have a surprise ND and be releasing something because the lack of a backcatalog in the VC has been under the spotlight so much since the financial crissis....to not release anything would be playing into peoples hands! they had best have an anouncement or something!

I'm gonna wildly speculate....they aren't going to individually emulate anymore they are going to upgrade the VC to a dedicated emulator app and flood the market with games (which will be patched to work perfectly as and when)

(unlikely but i bet having the entire back catalog availiable could get some sales)

They best have a surprise ND and be releasing something because the lack of a backcatalog in the VC has been under the spotlight so much since the financial crissis....to not release anything would be playing into peoples hands! they had best have an anouncement or something!

I'm gonna wildly speculate....they aren't going to individually emulate anymore they are going to upgrade the VC to a dedicated emulator app and flood the market with games (which will be patched to work perfectly as and when)

(unlikely but i bet having the entire back catalog availiable could get some sales)

I agree, and they wing a subscription system onto it, too. Say $5 a month for one console's games, $6 for 2, $7 for 3, $8 for 4.

If they do that, I'm done with the VC. The emulation quality is why I continue to invest in this service!

TBH, they could easily pump out games a lot faster than they currently are. In all likelihood they already have most of the existing Wii VC catalogue already converted and ready to go (the manuals are probably still not done for all of them, but that's a different issue). They've already got almost all of the problem SNES & NES games (special co-processor chips) from the Wii VC already sorted, so I doubt that technical reasons are what's holding them back (N64, GBA, potentially GCN, Wii, Dreamcast, Saturn etc would be a very different story though...), but rather it's licensing that's the problem.

Nintendo have had little issue in pumping out their own games at a good pace, but its the 3rd parties like S-E and Konami that are holding up the schedule (Capcom have been very good so far though).

If they do that, I'm done with the VC. The emulation quality is why I continue to invest in this service!

TBH, they could easily pump out games a lot faster than they currently are. In all likelihood they already have most of the existing Wii VC catalogue already converted and ready to go (the manuals are probably still not done for all of them, but that's a different issue). They've already got almost all of the problem SNES & NES games (special co-processor chips) from the Wii VC already sorted, so I doubt that technical reasons are what's holding them back (N64, GBA, potentially GCN, Wii, Dreamcast, Saturn etc would be a very different story though...), but rather it's licensing that's the problem.

Nintendo have had little issue in pumping out their own games at a good pace, but its the 3rd parties like S-E and Konami that are holding up the schedule (Capcom have been very good so far though).

What if they did the general emulation for their subscription service but if you wish to buy them, it's the singular emulation still.