NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

But wait, we didn't get Zelda II, which yankees got last week? Figures...

To hell with Link! It's all about X!!!

i wanted Zelda II! sure i have it for 3DS and Wii but damn it off TV play tethered to a console! screw 3DS off tv play!

(just Meganman X? no others?)

FUCKING FINALLY!!!

squirrel_praise.jpg

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

:bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

Now... Hows about catching up with Japan NOE? Some Panel de Pon, Super Mario Kart, Kirby Super Star Stacker, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 6 and Fire Emblem action would be much appreciated over here ;)

Edited by Dcubed

Gradius NES and Zelda 2 this week.

And with that, we have officially caught up with (and surpassed, with two games in hand) the US Wii U VC lineup :) Next up, Japan! (yeah right...)

Where's Mega Ma... Oh.

Should be able to finish up Zelda I before II arrives this week, 3 more Triumph Forks left to go.

lets all start complaining we should get A link to the past now we have Megaman X or Mario All Stars or Yoshi's Island (pick a big game) we need somethign to moan about don't we?

lets all start complaining we should get A link to the past now we have Megaman X or Mario All Stars or Yoshi's Island (pick a big game) we need somethign to moan about don't we?
A link to the past

Complaining!

(I'm having so much fun with Mega Man X, I don't really care about anything else now!)

This is great!

I'll get Zelda II this week, and then will probably do Zelda I&II Let's Plays Back to Back.

I still think A Link to the Past will be released closer to the release of A Link Between Worlds.

No Megaman X2? WHAT THE HELL, NINTENDO!! :D

Should be able to finish up Zelda I before II arrives this week, 3 more Triumph Forks left to go.

I've been keeping track of your progress on Miiverse. I just finished it myself this weekend.

I'm looking to snap this up and get it finished before Wind Waker. I already finished it this year on the 3DS but it's a quality gem that demands another playthrough.

Getting LTTP before Wind Waker would have been great. Nevermind, hopefully it will arrive before the 3DS sequel.

Getting LTTP before Wind Waker would have been great. Nevermind, hopefully it will arrive on the 3DS before the sequel.

corrected that for you

I've been keeping track of your progress on Miiverse. I just finished it myself this weekend.

Haha, I was following your posts as well. Probably that's what made me want to play it. Finished Mega Man X and Super Mario so figure'd I would keep the retro theme running. Figure'd we'd get Zelda II this week as well.

Seem to have missed level 5 and ended up clearing level 6.

ALTTP was fully translated into French and German, so it's gonna be the 50hz EU version and NOE are too stupid to offer people the choice of getting the US 60hz version instead :cry:

ALTTP was fully translated into French and German, so it's gonna be the 50hz EU version and NOE are too stupid to offer people the choice of getting the US 60hz version instead

NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo!

Nice! Great to see them all come along in one go, instead of having them drag out the releases! :D

Glad to see that this is becoming a thing with Capcom :)

Picked up Zelda 2, the only Zelda game I have never beat, it was just too bloody hard. I shall beat it this time though MWAHAHAHAHA

Yeah it's tough. You don't really expect a Zelda game to have cheap deaths (enemies knocking you into pits).

Really what makes the game tough is the lack of a way to heal yourself reliably. The only way to do so in a temple is with magic or finding a fairy which only 1 or 2 temples actually have. The heal spell has the second highest magic cost in the game and with max magic you only get 2 uses. if you need to use any other magic your screwed. You basically then have to pray enemies drop magic refills. There are ways to get a full refill in temples but your not always guaranteed to get it.

Enemies are a pain to kill, the combat almost feel like an early version of Skyward Sword though. You never really get any defence boosts in the game, apart from the shield spell - but I never really wanted to use it as I wanted to preserve magic, so they always seem to do more damage than they should.

It's probably worth grinding for levels, pretty sure I was underleveled when I finished the game over the weekend.

I like the game, it's just doesn't feel very Zelda-y.

It's probably worth grinding for levels, pretty sure I was underleveled when I finished the game over the weekend.

I like the game, it's just doesn't feel very Zelda-y.

If you use the Crystal levelling up trick (don't put the crystals into the palaces until the very end of the game - as you always get a full level up when you do, allowing you to shoot straight up from level 7 to 8 instantly!), then you shouldn't need to grind much, if any, at all ;)

Final Fight 1, 2 & 3 on the VC

Dope!!! Must buy's!!

Shame their is no buy 2 get 1 free.

If you use the Crystal levelling up trick (don't put the crystals into the palaces until the very end of the game - as you always get a full level up when you do, allowing you to shoot straight up from level 7 to 8 instantly!), then you shouldn't need to grind much, if any, at all ;)

I thought about doing that but I decided not to. That was probably a mistake. :p

I thought about doing that but I decided not to. That was probably a mistake. :p

I maxed out my stats on my recent play through and found it a much easier experience. If I was close to levelling up I wouldn't put the crystal in but rather look around to level up by other means first. Once your maxed and found all the upgrades you have more than enough magic to keep yourself healed up.