NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

You would think whatever they do wrong with retail and marketting of the console that you'd expect at least the digital service and VC in particular to be bursting with life.... *le sigh*

Well we're off to a good start for today's Nintendo Direct. Nintendo have just confirmed that MSX and TG16 games will be coming to the Japanese VC service on both Wii U and 3DS!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/pc_engine_and_msx_games_coming_to_japanese_3ds_and_wii_u_virtual_console_services

Here's hoping that the west follows suit (and that more consoles will be coming too!) Hopefully we'll actually get the MSX games in the west this time, unlike on Wii where they only came out in Japan.

PORTABLE LORDS OF THUNDER OH MY FUCKING GOD! YESYESYES!! :bouncy:

Well we're off to a good start for today's Nintendo Direct. Nintendo have just confirmed that MSX and TG16 games will be coming to the Japanese VC service on both Wii U and 3DS!

PORTABLE LORDS OF THUNDER OH MY FUCKING GOD! YESYESYES!! :bouncy:

Yes! Cancel the Direct, I don't need anything else! There is hope for my Ys Book I & II upgrade afterall! Because I don't own that game enough times already!

Was wondering if/when we would see TG16 support this week. Good news, indeed.

I wonder if we'll get the English version of Rondo of Blood this time around? They made a localised ROM for the PSP release, but when it came to the Wii VC release, they put out the original JPN version instead.

Not that it really matters much with this game (given that all the in game text is in English anyway), but it'll still be interesting to see :)

Here's hoping that we get Ys 3 this time around (and hopefully Ys 4, both versions, and Ys 5 in English too!)

Ys V just got a fan translation, it was difficult to hack from what I've heard. Would be nice to play the original versions of III and IV, was disappointed we never saw those. Good job they have the superior remakes now.

At least we know now why there weren't a Virtual Console release this week. NES Remix also explains why Nintendo were so eager to publish all those "basic" games a few months back, they were definitely preparing for the Remix release.

EIther way, Super Mario Bros. 3 was already confirmed as next weeks release right? At least for Europe.

Yes! Cancel the Direct, I don't need anything else! There is hope for my Ys Book I & II upgrade afterall! Because I don't own that game enough times already!

Was wondering if/when we would see TG16 support this week. Good news, indeed.

Loved Ys Books 1&2 on the Wii VC (still the only Ys game I've played :eek:). The combo of simple gameplay, fantastic music, presentation and atmosphere really clicked with me. I get nostalgic about it in the way I do about games I played as a kid, and it way only a few years ago! :laughing:

Would be perfect on the gamepad.

I get nostalgic about it in the way I do about games I played as a kid, and it way only a few years ago! :laughing:

That's weird, because I do too! :laughing: No other game/series has done that, it instantly became one of my favourite series that I imported the DS remakes, the PSP special editions (double dipped on the PSN versions) and pretty much bought a Vita for Celceta.

I do want to go back replay Book I & II and it would be great to do it on the Gamepad.

How are the other Ys games - do they live up to 1&2? If they appear on the Wii U I'll probably collect the lot.

Rondo of Blood is another gem I'll be upgrading.

Speaking of Castlevania, Americas got Castlevania for NES this week. Hopefully Konami brings it here too soon enough, I'll be upgrading for sure.

How are the other Ys games - do they live up to 1&2? If they appear on the Wii U I'll probably collect the lot.

Yep, although I can only talk about the remakes.

They started adding new special attacks and they've pretty much dropped the "Bump" system from I&II in favour of a manual attack.

Ys Seven introduced the party system and Celceta is built on Seven's engine so that also includes a party system. Seven is probably the longest Ys game, I have over 80 hours on it.

Seven and Celceta have an item farming element which I'm not a big fan of, but it's doesn't get in the way much.

Origin takes place 700 years before Ys I & II and gives a bit of backstory about things like the Tower and the Goddesses. And it's the only game without Adol. Takes place entirely in Darm Tower but it's varied enough to not get boring. This one might be my personal favourite.

The Oath in Felghana (remake of Ys III) seems to be generally the most liked.

They are all still fast paced and the music is great. The music in the updated I&II versions are even better than the originals.

Ys I&II, Oath and Origins are all on Steam if you have an account.

Holy shizballs! Good news!!!

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pages/View.aspx?sid=JcQg82%2bUj6EpXlHM7Wt%252fMQ%253d%253d&ncdctx=FF9xWpivmSOiCzhbJdbsWng4w%252fVJHSEgIn%2bmoPa8trrnFisvGzKrxTNaA6aKhvkX

Pop N' Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventures just got rated on the OFLC website for a Wii U VC release! It's a Konami SNES game that never got released on the Wii VC in ANY region!

That means that Konami are actually digging into their un-re-released catalogue for the Wii U VC!!! :yay: We can still get the likes of Dracula X, Sparkster, Super Bomberman 1-5, Sunset Riders and TMNT Turtles in Time on the VC! :bouncy:

Of course, the fact that it was never released in the US means that it'll almost certainly be the original PAL version running at 50hz, but still! Good news! :D

I'm feeling pretty good about what I said those few weeks ago now...

Look what just got rated a few days ago by the OFLC! :D

I'm feeling pretty good about what I said those few weeks ago now...

Look what just got rated a few days ago by the OFLC! :D

Music on this game is really good (Rainbow Bell). Sparkster's music is pretty good. Most game music these days is just...eh. Still some good ones though.

Just wondering if that Dracula X will be the Turbo Graphx version or SNES version. The TG16 version I already have from Wii VC, but would gladly buy the SNES game, too (the one released as Vampire's Kiss in Europe).

Just wondering if that Dracula X will be the Turbo Graphx version or SNES version. The TG16 version I already have from Wii VC, but would gladly buy the SNES game, too (the one released as Vampire's Kiss in Europe).

It's the SNES one. The TG16 original is called Rondo of Blood (that's the name used in all English speaking regions and that's the name it has been rated under before by the OFLC).

I love Rondo of Blood, but I've never played Dracula X before (it's one of only two 2D Castlevania games that never got released on the Wii VC - the other being Castlevania Bloodlines for the Mega Drive). While I understand that most people consider it to be a weaker game than its inspiration (it's not just a port of Rondo, it's a completely new game with new level designs that happen to be based on Rondo), I still can't wait to finally play it for myself! :D

BTW: The fact that its been rated under the name "Dracula X" means that it's the US 60hz version that we're getting :) The EU version was called Vampire's Kiss...

Edited by Dcubed

According to press release from Nintendo Life, SMB3 is the U.S. Version, so it will run at full speed.

Contra 3 seems to be our next upcoming Wii U VC game according to NOE's website.

Yes that's Contra, not Super Probotector. That means 60hz humans and not 50hz robots :p

Actually, thinking about it, going the Wii upgrade route is probably the best way in this case. That way you get both versions in the end :D

Edited by Dcubed

Contra 3 seems to be our next upcoming Wii U VC game according to NOE's website.

Yes that's Contra, not Super Probotector. That means 60hz humans and not 50hz robots :p

Actually, thinking about it, going the Wii upgrade route is probably the best way in this case. That way you get both versions in the end :D

Is this their way of screwing me out of the deal to get it cheap as I had Super Probotector on Wii VC? :hmm:

damn I actually liked the robots! well I might get it anyway next time my friend comes around cause we've nearly finished Hard Corps Uprising on PS3

Is this their way of screwing me out of the deal to get it cheap as I had Super Probotector on Wii VC? :hmm:

The upgrade will still apply. Even though it's the US version, you still get the cheap upgrade price :)

I don't suppose there's any chance of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game ever getting released?

I heard rumours it was coming on the wii.... then nothing :(

I don't suppose there's any chance of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game ever getting released?

Sadly, due to licensing issues it probably won't make an appearance. The original TMNT game got taken off the VC as well ( if I remember correctly ) so there doesn't seem to be much hope.

Played the hell out of the second one as a kid on my mates NES. Good times.

Probably not. :weep:

Even the new film has gone all Michael Bay so any tie-in will probably rock up only on SONY/MS machines too. Shame as the 'Tuytles' (as bebop and Rocksteady would say) are a match made in heaven with Nintendo platforms. Even the Wii 'Brawl' rip-off was a nice fit for the system. :love:

2014 HAS to be the year of the VC. :blush: