NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

2 VC in 1 week, what is this Nintendo. Are we starting to realise that you don't have anything in the pipeline for the WiiU?

Got three games this week

Super Mario Kart (SNES) - €7.99/£5.49) - US Version

Mighty Bomb Jack (NES) €4.99/£3.49 - US Version

Ninja Gaiden (NES) €4.99/£3.49 - US Version

that is actually a good week! its a shame they all can't be so good

Hopefully it's the start of something good.

I mean we have the GBA launch next week or the week after, afterall. Japan is getting 6 games that week, I see no reason why we won't either.

That actually is a good week! I remember when most weeks on Wii would be like this (for the first few years of course).

As Serebii said - HOPEFULLY this is the start of a new era for VC! Or y'know... it's a good one off I guess :p

I mean we have the GBA launch next week or the week after, afterall. Japan is getting 6 games that week, I see no reason why we won't either.

Probably because in the past they have released different games, at different times, at different quantities, across the different regions. NWR had an interesting discussion about this just last week

HOLY SHIT!!! :o

3 games!? WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THIS BEFORE!?

Please let this be the start of a continuously decent schedule, PLEASE!

Probably because in the past they have released different games, at different times, at different quantities, across the different regions. NWR had an interesting discussion about this just last week

Shut up :( Let me live in hope :p

THREE Wii U games?

How will I ever cope? :indeed:

*remembers the relentless onslaught of Sega titles on the Wii VC when they would release them five at a time*

Ah those were the days... :heh:

Still I can't wait to play Super Mario Kart again, hopefully Nintendo will send us a code for that one at least seeing as it's a 'big' release. ::shrug:

Tempted to get Super Mario Kart as I've never played the original before.

But I don't think I could cope with the shitty graphics though.

Wait till you see the cheating AI. If you think they rubber band and cheat on the newer games just wait until you see what's in store on this one. Looking back I have no idea how I put up with it as a kid.

Wait till you see the cheating AI. If you think they rubber band and cheat on the newer games just wait until you see what's in store on this one. Looking back I have no idea how I put up with it as a kid.

May pass then.

I can't afford to replace another Gamepad.

May pass then.

I can't afford to replace another Gamepad.

The VC save states will help ease the rage. The cheating AI is gonna pay!!!

I forgot about the AI!

I mostly played time trial, trying to beat my brothers times, and battle mode.

I'm interested to see how it stands up these days

144b76A.gif

The VC save states will help ease the rage. The cheating AI is gonna pay!!!
Good luck with that. :D

Never forget...

qBJLQGQ.gif

:laughing:

I can't wait to see what gems the SMK Miiverse community will produce. Complaints about the difficulty are guaranteed! :heh:

:awesome:

Edited by RedShell

Yeah, SMK is not gonna be an easy ride. The controls are pretty different from modern titles too...

Oh no is it really difficult then?
50cc is easy peasy.

100cc isn't too bad.

150cc?... Well, let's just say that you wouldn't want to be playing it with the GamePad. :laughing:

I'd recommend using a Classic/Pro controller instead, just in case. :heh:

But yeah, out of all the MK games, SMK is definitely the one that requires the most skill to master. The CPU karts on 150cc are insane. They'll be on your tail the entire time, so any mistakes you make will really hurt. And items won't help you out as much as they can in modern MK titles either, there's generally a lot less luck involved.

I definitely think you should give it a try though, Blade (obviously I'm biased, but whatever :hehe:) especially if your main reason for not, is just the graphics. :hmm:

The AI just flat out cheats though. They have power up after power up with Mario being in constant Star mode and Peach lobbing mushrooms all the time. There's also the fact that the AI randomly jumps over your red shekels and banana peels.

You can knock the AI out who is in second place and then keep an eye on the map as it mysteriously gets a massive speed boost and makes its way back into the second position.

I wouldn't call it hard, rather the game is very, very cheap.

The rubber banding in SMK isn't actually as bad as MK64 (now THAT one is complete horse shit! You could use a golden mushroom in 1st place and they'd still catch up right behind you just a few seconds later! - hell you can even get caught by the AI after doing the Wario Stadium glitch where you skip half the track and the AI goes into hyperspeed!)

The courses however are much tougher than in most other MK games though and the physics are very unforgiving. Getting hit or bumping into a wall or falling down a hole in 150cc just the once or twice is almost guaranteed failure, it's utterly brutal!

Great fun though! You'd be mad to miss out on a classic like this! :D

The AI just flat out cheats though. They have power up after power up with Mario being in constant Star mode and Peach lobbing mushrooms all the time. There's also the fact that the AI randomly jumps over your red shekels and banana peels.
That's part of what gives the game its charm. ;) You're supposed to be annoyed by the CPU karts, they want you to hate them! :hehe:

And they are what separates the men from the boys in SMK. You either complain and give up, or you keep practicing and improve your driving skill to the level where the CPU can't even touch you!

Like this:

:awesome:

You can knock the AI out who is in second place and then keep an eye on the map as it mysteriously gets a massive speed boost and makes its way back into the second position.
We've discussed this before, H-o-T. But for the benefit of @Blade and anyone else that hasn't played SMK before...

OK, so depending on which character you pick, the game will assign 2 of the remaining characters to be your main rivals. For example, if you pick Mario then your rivals will be Donkey Kong Jr. and Princess. If you pick Luigi it'll be Mario and Yoshi. Peach will get Bowser and Toad, etc...

These 2 rival karts will be complete and utter bastards. :D Always on your tail when you're in the lead, and if you do manage to take one of 'em out with an attack, they will speed up like crazy in order to catch up to you. To keep being your rival.

They (and the other CPU opponents) also have access to special attacks which the player does not, and they ain't shy about using them! :grin:

Princess Peach and Toad will try to shrink you with Poison Mushrooms. Yoshi will use his Eggs. Bowser chucks Fireballs. Mario & Luigi have an infinite amount of Invincibility Stars. And the same applies to DK Jr. & Koopa Troopa, but with Bananas and Green Shells respectively.

Most of these attacks are very predictable though. The map screen will switch to a rear view mirror when an attack is incoming, giving you ample chance to avoid it. And when a rival who's ahead of you is attacking, you can see it a few seconds in advance.

The worst one is Mario & Luigi's Invincibility, because they just come out of nowhere without any waring sign. So yeah, it's always best to steer clear of them as a rule of thumb. ;)

Many people consider the above as cheating AI, but I think it's one of the things that makes the game so great, and so funny. icon14.gif

I wouldn't call it hard, rather the game is very, very cheap.
I wouldn't call you wrong (everyone's entitled to their opinion) but you're wrong, very wrong. :hug: Edited by RedShell

Advance Wars has been confirmed for the UK eShop on April 3rd

Edited by Serebii