NEurope
madeinbeats

Wii U VC

Hmm. That is over priced, especially as it's more than snes games and they're cheaper than snes games in japan... Shame. They're almost slightly too expensive for an impulse buy. Definitely won't be getting any games that were part of the 3ds ambassador programme

I'm tempted by Fusion :) Never played it before and whilst I've heard it's not as good as the other games, it's still 2D Metroid.

That said, I hope this doesn't stop people buying games like Shovel Knight!

I forgot that was due out soon. From no games, to too many. :D

So it's cheaper than SNES in mainland Europe, €6.99 compared to €7.99.

Rip-off Britain

I'm tempted by Fusion :) Never played it before and whilst I've heard it's not as good as the other games, it's still 2D Metroid.

Do it. The game is good, it and Zero Mission are pretty on-par.

Yeah got the press release and see it now:

Basically

NES

Japan: 500¥

UK: £3.49

Europe: €4.99

SNES

Japan: 800¥

UK: £5.49

Europe: €7.99

GameBoy

Japan: 400¥

UK: £3.19

Europe: €4.49

GameBoy Color

Japan: 600¥

UK: £4.49

Europe: €5.99

GameBoy Advance

Japan: 702¥

UK: £6.29

Europe: €6.99

UK getting screwed.

Yeah got the press release and see it now:

Basically

NES

Japan: 500¥

UK: £3.49

Europe: €4.99

SNES

Japan: 800¥

UK: £5.49

Europe: €7.99

GameBoy

Japan: 400¥

UK: £3.19

Europe: €4.49

GameBoy Color

Japan: 600¥

UK: £4.49

Europe: €5.99

GameBoy Advance

Japan: 702¥

UK: £6.29

Europe: €6.99

UK getting screwed.

For arguments sake what about the US prices?

US price for GBA titles isn't known so it's not fair to do comparisons, but I think you just have to replace € for $

WTF!? UK gets reamed in comparison to everyone else! :mad:

The games are all still well worth it though. Still way cheaper than their cartridge counterparts and really, who can complain about getting Golden Sun and Advance Wars for just a little over 6 quid?

Personally I'm just happy to finally see these classics get a proper re-release for a whole new generation to experience properly (finally! No more risk of picking up a counterfeit cart on eBay!) I really envy those people getting to play these for the first time! Some of the best games ever made right there in that first month! A killer lineup that only a fool would miss out on! :D

Edited by Dcubed

I see the yanks lineup is the same as ours, although they are finally getting Super Mario Bros. 3 as well. :D

But our snes prices are decent comparatively. I think it's our cheaper snes prices which are confusing the issue rather than GBA being more expansive (comparing with Europe), japan is always cheaper but don't think Britain are getting screwed specifically.

They are annoying prices. God knows what sd games are going to be, or GameCube game would be (like it's every coming!)

NES - £2.49

Gameboy - £2.49

GBC - £2.99

SNES - £3.99

GBA - £3.99

N64 - £5.99

GameCube - £7.99

DS - £7.99

For me these would be perfect prices. I'd impulse buy the fuck out of loads more games than I do now!

US price for GBA titles isn't known so it's not fair to do comparisons, but I think you just have to replace € for $

hmmmmm funny that....

US prices are $6.99 or $7.99 depending on the game.

So still expensive, regardless of the conversion etc... I would never pay $7.99 for a GBA game. Basically works out at $9.03 after tax which is 4.88 in GBP. So yes still "cheaper" but still a rip off...

I definitely won't be purchasing any games at that price. For me, it's just too much when there's so much other stuff out there that is better value. I can wait for Fusion...for now.

Good lineup, bad price. These games should be cross-play/save with Wii U and 3DS if they're gonna get cheeky with the pricing.

Good lineup, bad price. These games should be cross-play/save with Wii U and 3DS if they're gonna get cheeky with the pricing.

3DS will never have GBA support for Virtual Console.

Future consoles, however...

The prices are above impulse buy. I've always hated how Europe gets screwed, swapping $ for € is not right. Would a bank do that for you? Not a chance. I'm not paying €8 for Super Mario Kart. I have my SNES and cartridges if I want to play these. Not to mention they're 20 years old. It's exploitative and it's not good enough. If I was so inclined I could download any of these for free.

US prices are $6.99 or $7.99 depending on the game.

See this is not fair. $8 is €5.80. The same with $7, that's about €5. What's their excuse? Not that they'll ever answer that. None of these games should be more than €5. 10 and 20 year old games respectively. Wth?

Jeez, the way you guys are acting, you'd think they were at £20 a piece.

Smartphone software and humble bundles have really devalued games...

I was excited, until I saw the price.

They must be joking, seriously? They deserve low sales if they're gonna be this greedy with their prices. Maybe if they'd have made even the slightest effort I could understand, but from what I can tell all they've done is make Miiverse communities.

They didn't even bother to patch in the multiplayer modes they once had. They're selling 32-bit games that are 10 years old or more, that are no longer portable, lacking features that they originally had such as multiplayer, and still charging over £5 - When it's one of the easiest consoles to emulate in the world. Good luck with that.

I think impulse buy is the key point here..I'd never spend anywhere close to that amount on an impulse purchase.

I've never really played mobile games and I have no idea what a humble bumble is, but I wouldn't buy a VC game at that price simply because I would feel that Nintendo would be laughing at me for spending that much on an old game, especially when newer games are available on most systems for much less.

Are they raising the prices or are they higher in the UK? Browsing the eShop right now, and GB games are 3,99€, GBC 4,99€ a piece.

Are they raising the prices or are they higher in the UK? Browsing the eShop right now, and GB games are 3,99€, GBC 4,99€ a piece.

This is higher in UK. Every other region has it fit established trends

Well that's weird, NES games are still 4,99€ here as well...

Regarding the prices, well let's just say that I've bought quite a lot of 2-5€ NES and GB games, but not a single SNES game. Still, I don't think the prices are that bad, I mean try buying these games from online auctions and see what you're gonna have to pay...plus no restore points, miiverse sharing, tablet play etc.