N-Europe

Nintendo Direct 23rd Jan - Wii U only - Worldwide

Serebii

New games as far as the last few Nintendo Directs have been concerned are just games that aren't on the shelves yet, hence montages of Lego City Undercover and Ninja Gaiden etc...

Weren't Pokémon XY announced through Nintendo Direct, too?

Where's the banana in that snapshot? ;)

Uhh... I... uh...

Drats! Disarmed by a lack of banana! My instructor never prepared me for this!

Self_defense.jpg

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not gonna read anything into this until I see it.

New games as far as the last few Nintendo Directs have been concerned are just games that aren't on the shelves yet, hence montages of Lego City Undercover and Ninja Gaiden etc...

So in this case it could just be the Need For Speed, Aliens, Monster Hunter etc...

Some new announcements would be great though.

Yeah, New games could easily be games of which we haven't seen proper WiiU footage yet.

Anyway to watch this on the Wii U bar the post ND eShop upload? Seems stupid there isn't a channel for this on the homescreen. Hope there are some fresh announcements come out of this.

Ustream works on the Wii U Browser so the direct feed should work, not sure if it's embedded elsewhere.

Capcom teases.

During a Monster Hunter Tri stream event yesterday, community manager Brett Elston teased incoming game-related news for the platform. Elston didn’t offer much in the way of hints, but did note that it may “not be too much of a surprise if you’ve been paying attention to the Internet”.

“… we should have more Wii U news in general very soon… for games. I’ll just tease that out there. Might not be too much of a surprise if you’ve been paying attention to the Internet, but probably very soon you’ll hear something else about a game for said platform.”

Seems like Resident Evil Revelations to me and others.

I care not for what Nintendo has to offer as we all know the games are coming from them. What I want to see is some solid 3rd party offerings, whether it's new games or 360/PS3 ports like DmC, Tomb Raider, Dead Space etc.

I don't like the carrot being dangled Nintendo!

I'll take carrots, bananas and anything else Iwata wants to dangle :laughing:

So in this case it could just be the Need For Speed, Aliens, Monster Hunter etc...

Having said that, I think Retro is probably right on this one, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I couldn't think of anything worse than seeing ports from the 360/ps3.

No thanks.

I'd rather have new Nintendo games. That's what I bought the Wii U for! :grin:

So you want Nintendo to try and support it themselves, just like the N64 and to a certain extent the Cube?

You have to remember that certain people only have the one console and miss out on various multiformat titles. These titles, especially ones from successful franchises, are very important to have on your console.

So you want Nintendo to try and support it themselves, just like the N64 and to a certain extent the Cube?

You have to remember that certain people only have the one console and miss out on various multiformat titles. These titles, especially ones from successful franchises, are very important to have on your console.

No I didn't say that.

I said I don't want 'ports'. That's taking existing games and porting them over to the Wii U.

I want new games. That's from both Nintendo and 3rd parties.

I guess I'm going on what's happened with the high profile titles that have already been ported.

Weren't exactly definitive versions.

Unless they port it well and it utilises the Wii U's unique features in a decent way then I'd rather just play them on the 360 or ps3 and wait for developers to start bringing fresh games to the console.

Each to their own.

I'm gonna make a prediction that all the hype building here today will turn into tomorrow "didn't live up to the hype"

note: I may just be trying to not build up myself so whatever happens it seems good or awesome or better :heh:

Resident Evil Revelations seems like it would make for more of an announcement on the 360/PS3 (and even then I'm not sure given a lot of people impressions of the series atm), because I'd imagine a lot of Nintendio gamers who would have wanted to play that game have already done so on the 3DS.

Still ok to have on the Wii U but not really a huge deal. I know I wouldn't feel the need to play through it again, not sure about anyone else?

I always felt like Resident Evil Revelations was best suited for a portable system like the 3DS, I mean it's even written in chapters for shorter play sessions etc.

I guess it's good to get it on the WiiU too, but I'll just stick with my 3DS version.

Right on cue! Time to knock our socks off Iwata! (and for Shibata to show off a new Balance Board controlled F-Zero game and Miyamoto's new Mermaid IP PLZ!)

Also Nintendo reviving the old Rareware and gathering all the lost wayward souls back together! :D

Edited by Dcubed