NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Can anybody else not connect to Live? Even Xbox.com is down. Not arsed about the One as I'm not getting one yet, but I was watching Netflix on my 360. But lots of people will be mad they can't use their new console.

Bastards! :D

Can anybody else not connect to Live? Even Xbox.com is down. Not arsed about the One as I'm not getting one yet, but I was watching Netflix on my 360. But lots of people will be mad they can't use their new console.

Hehe, knew the One would start having issues.

Fuck these Sony servers are awful!

... Oh wait a minute!

ADDITIONAL: I think that the servers are just getting DOS'd to shit. The name servers even went down.... all 5 of them! At least one seems to be up now but the website is still not responding. OOOOooops.

ADDITIONALLLYLYLY: Back up now.

Edited by Jamba
Automerged Doublepost

So I think Sony misspelt "Congratulations on your launch Microsoft"

BZocAJzCUAAY-Xv.jpg:large

I can't take credit for this, CVG had it on their Twitter feed.

UPS should be delivering mine today. Hopefully it should be waiting for me after work. I can't wait!

I see there is a thread of Gaf about the Blu-Ray drives failing, with some even chewing up discs and making very loud grinding noises.

damn microsoft ca't even catch a break can they?

its funny when you normally say catalog of errors you mean figuratively, but in the xbone's case you probably could make a small catalog if you wrote up each of these reports in a book

It happens to every console on launch. I doubt there are that many problems.

And so the issues begin with the One.

You know there were issues with the PS4 too, right?

In each case I doubt they'll be that widespread, the unfortunate minority speak loudest.

It happens to every console on launch. I doubt there are that many problems.

And because people pay more attention to complaints and broken consoles, it always looks much worse than the situation actually is.

And because people pay more attention to complaints and broken consoles, it always looks much worse than the situation actually is.

Yeah people don't post up on forums that their Xbox is working perfectly. You either complain its not working or play it.

You know there were issues with the PS4 too, right?

In each case I doubt they'll be that widespread, the unfortunate minority speak loudest.

I'm aware of that, i recall seeing comments on facebook and Twitter from Xbone fans saying PS4 has issues. Just saying Xbone has issues as well, so both sides are equal in complaints.

This so should have been the start up jingle ;p

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

And this could be the start up screen.

hFC516842

One impressions:

If you're used to the 360 lay out of the dash board you'll be right at home, very slick and easy to navigate for the most part.

Voice commands work very well, picks up what you're saying quickly and smoothly, and can go between any app or game you want.

Controller is lovely, really easy to handle, no major difference to 360 pad.

The unit is a unit, heavy blighter, pretty much noise less though.

Ryse isn't that bad! Sure it's not inventive, but it's a solid game. My mate had completed it by the time I got to his!

As much stick as Nintendo get for their lack of online gaming, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and FIFA 14 all lacked local co op multi player, which was very disappointing! We only got to play COD extinction mode together!

Overall I was impressed, is a good bit of kit, with the main "fresh" appeal of it being the voice commands, really very strong! Look forward to seeing where Microsoft take it.

The views that no one asked for but I gave anyway :D

One impressions:

If you're used to the 360 lay out of the dash board you'll be right at home, very slick and easy to navigate for the most part.

Voice commands work very well, picks up what you're saying quickly and smoothly, and can go between any app or game you want.

Controller is lovely, really easy to handle, no major difference to 360 pad.

The unit is a unit, heavy blighter, pretty much noise less though.

Ryse isn't that bad! Sure it's not inventive, but it's a solid game. My mate had completed it by the time I got to his!

As much stick as Nintendo get for their lack of online gaming, Ryse, Dead Rising 3 and FIFA 14 all lacked local co op multi player, which was very disappointing! We only got to play COD extinction mode together!

Overall I was impressed, is a good bit of kit, with the main "fresh" appeal of it being the voice commands, really very strong! Look forward to seeing where Microsoft take it.

The views that no one asked for but I gave anyway :D

FIFA lacked local multiplayer?! That's just plain lies.

Interestingly enough there is no sign of this in my local (medium sized) Tesco... not even a 'Stock coming soon' notice. Maybe it's not just the Wii U, maybe smaller stores (who definitely had midnight launches of PS3 and 360) just aren't stocking as much gaming as normal. There is a massive Hudl display though!

FIFA lacked local multiplayer?! That's just plain lies.

Haha, well ok I concede you could just play a little match against each other, what I meant was a two-four player cup run, you know tournament mode, has been completely taken out. Frankly a cup run is the only reason to own FIFA apart from online seasons in my book, so to have taken that mode completely put seemed bizarre!

Also couldn't see the ability to play just a random online match either, and certainly no opportunity to do so and add a local friend last past FIFA games have.

FUT, seasons/co op season and online friendlies were only options available. And kick off, but who plays that? ;)

Haha, well ok I concede you could just play a little match against each other, what I meant was a two-four player cup run, you know tournament mode, has been completely taken out. Frankly a cup run is the only reason to own FIFA apart from online seasons in my book, so to have taken that mode completely put seemed bizarre!

Also couldn't see the ability to play just a random online match either, and certainly no opportunity to do so and add a local friend last past FIFA games have.

FUT, seasons/co op season and online friendlies were only options available. And kick off, but who plays that? ;)

Haha fair enough. But you can also play a random online and add extra players too. It doesn't have the most obvious of names, but it's there.

How is TV integration?

just seen a thread on GAF

Update - Less than ideal workaround

There's a potential workaround for the Xbox One TV integration judder issue.

HDTVTest, which spotted the problem with UK Xbox One's earlier this week, disovered a way to force the Xbox One to output a 50Hz signal - matching the TV signal pumped into the console through the HDMI-in port.

As the site explains, to do this you need to set your Xbox One to auto-detect HDMI from within the display settings, then toggle the resolution from 1080p to 720p or vice versa. This triggers a prompt asking if you'd like to keep the new resolution. Select no.

Apparently this tricks the Xbox One into thinking your TV isn't compatible with a 60Hz signal and forces a 50Hz output.

Unfortunately, this workaround isn't ideal. It makes everything 50Hz, including video games. So there may be stutter when playing games. You can of course manually switch back to 60Hz to play games.

Microsoft is yet to comment on the issue.

____

Feel free to share your experience if you have any similar issues, or if you have this exact problem yourself.

Microsoft’s Xbox One next-generation console launched to great fanfare yesterday, with more than 1 million units sold within 24 hours. One of the most heavily advertised features of the Xbox One is its ability to integrate live TV feed from your set-top box, be it terrestrial (Freeview HD), satellite (Freesat or Sky) or cable (Virgin Media) broadcast. However, since receiving their consoles yesterday, a number of British owners have complained about the TV integration feature being broken, due to the introduction of judder with 50Hz content.

Before delving into why this is happening, first let us explain how the TV integration feature on the Xbox One works. Essentially the home entertainment console acts as a HDMI passthrough device: its HDMI input port will accept the output from a set-top box (for example, a Sky+HD box), and then display the content on your TV either in full-screen mode, within the dashboard, or together with other apps using the Xbox One’s multitasking capability (dubbed “Snap” by Microsoft).

The problem is that the native frame rate of the Xbox One is 60Hz, but the United Kingdom and Europe use a 50hz broadcasting system, which is the result of the historical use of PAL and SECAM analogue broadcasting systems. To display a 50Hz video signal on a 60Hz system, a process called frame rate conversion (FRC) needs to take place, which at the best of times will incur some judder. Depending on the implementation and also the original resolution (720p or 1080i), viewers may notice dropped/skipped frames or stutter especially during panning shots in fast-action sports material such as live football broadcast.

Roger Tinsley, a web developer in Northern Ireland, told HDTVTest about his experience when watching Sky Sports through his shiny new Xbox One:

"The score ticker was juddery during Soccer Saturday, and Spanish football was dropping frames when the camera was panning."

While users in the USA won’t be affected by this issue since their NTSC broadcast system is 60Hz-based, UK and European owners of the Xbox One will be hoping that Microsoft will soon release a software update to at least enable judder-free display of 50Hz broadcast material in full-screen mode, even though this may entail some sort of re-handshake with the TV. It’s very unlikely that the “Snapped” mode can be totally smooth when 50Hz content is used as one of the sources, because ultimately the screen can only display at one refresh rate which is more likely than not to be 60Hz.

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/xbox-...1311233468.htm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...e-judder-in-uk

thats pretty bad for TV TV TV xbox to not actually be any good at TV (outside of the US).....Europe sucks sort of view again