NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Rumours regarding the stability of Live.

The short story is that Xbox Live and the OS, especially in functions that involve XBL, are a complete fucking mess. One source says we aren’t talking weeks until it works correctly but “months.” Things like parties dropping people when moving from one thing to another. Connectivity issues. Missed invites. Friend requests not working, etc.

“Let me get into some technical detail regarding it – on 360, the OS handles all of the party and chat functionality. All you do is hook up the XBL VOiP OS API into your game, and it does most of the work for you. With it results in is a shared experience across multiple entertainment. If you’re watching movies or playing games, you can do it together. However, this system is entirely different on Xbox One. So, lets say me, you, and Thuway have xbox one’s that are online. We are signed in our profiles. Sitting at the home screen, we are considered to be in a “Xbox Party” on the server. There are no more ‘party leaders’. With that said if any one of us decide to start a game, the party is shifted over to that game’s party system. Each game now has their custom written VOIP.” (Pete note: shoutout to thuway!)

I asked if could be fixed soon. He said that anything is possible and Microsoft is obviously working on it but he thinks it will be months, not weeks. Getting online launch games certified is taking so long that it’s pushing games after launch back.

The biggest WTF part of it all is how the voice chat now supposedly works like the PS3 & Wii U ones, with developers having to make their own VOIP APIs because there is no standard VOIP API built into the system.

WHY!? It's so stupid! It's just more unnecessary work for the developer!

The biggest WTF part of it all is how the voice chat now supposedly works like the PS3 & Wii U ones, with developers having to make their own VOIP APIs because there is no standard VOIP API built into the system.

WHY!? It's so stupid! It's just more unnecessary work for the developer!

Yeah I thought that it worked brilliantly on the Xbox 360?

Mmmm... it sounds like it's lost one of the main things which made the Xbox 360 so popular, near-seamless party chat.

Even I will admit, there are some games I want for the Xbox One... mainly Crimson Dragon and Forza 5 but currently, I'd rather wait a good while and just see what happens; I'm not writing it off entirely but just definitely not buying at launch but I will be interested to hear what early adopters have to say about the machine. :)

Even if I did want to 'cave' last minute I couldn't anyway, can only afford one new console this year and I consider myself lucky to be buying a PS4... not in a dig against the XBone, but just genuinely fortunate is all. :D

Not being funny, but is anyone really surprised the XBO is having issues? It has three bloody operating systems for a start, all of which will have to interact with one another.

I should imagine both the PS4 and XBO will have large day one patches which will involve some significant downloading. But I would wager the XBO's issues will be worse.

I should imagine both the PS4 and XBO will have large day one patches which will involve some significant downloading. But I would wager the XBO's issues will be worse.

The PS4's day-one patch is a third the size of the Wii U's.

Oh, might have to cancel that pre-order now.

mj-laughing.gif

tumblr_lxajavE6Cx1qjjfwm.gif

ivpxRGE4poeVg.gif

128820947086238kab.gif

firecracker.gif

0116_a8sr.gif

Why not check google and find out? No need to imagine then!

i-know-that-feel-bro-troll-kick-me-sign-7sOl7k.jpg

The PS4's day-one patch is a third the size of the Wii U's.

request-five.gif

Edited by Cookyman

Apparently the snap feature is causing system crashes. Sounds like a right clusterfuck.

They had some demo units set up in Newcastle yesterday. Didn't try it out though.

Apparently the snap feature is causing system crashes. Sounds like a right clusterfuck.

Wouldn't worry about that too much, they've sent Jonathan Ross in to fix it. He'll make everything better.

Microsoft flapping? No chance!

Shouldn't be a big issue, then, as the feature is fairly pointless for people who own a smartphone and/or a tablet.

It sounds like a bit of a mess at the moment for MS, not just the technical difficulties (which I am sure will be resolved at launch or sometime after), but the console just seems underpowered and overpriced.

It sounds like a bit of a mess at the moment for MS, not just the technical difficulties (which I am sure will be resolved at launch or sometime after), but the console just seems underpowered and overpriced.

BUT THE POWER OF THE CLOUD! SURELY THIS WILL SAVE MICROSOFT LIKE CLOUD COMPUTING HAS FOR OTHERS IN THE INDUSTRY?

Someone managed to take a photo of the finished console

eTxlSCs.jpg

^ What a waste of plastic...

...that could have been used to make more PS4's. ;)

Someone managed to take a photo of the finished console

eTxlSCs.jpg

The best part about that photo is the car that drove through/into the barriers at the left hand side.

Oh wow. That is catastrophic. If I were Sony I'd be advertising this fact to the max.

Just saw this in the comments section

VDAVY9I.png