NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Ah, the appeal to tradition.

Yep, I'm perfectly happy with what I have at the moment, when the time comes to upgrade I'll get an Xbox One. And most importantly, I'll be happy when I do.

No one has been able to convince me that the Xbox One isn't a good console. People make fun of the U-turns and policy changes but if it all leads to a better console then it is for the best.

Microsoft has today announced the release date for the Xbox One.

The redmond giant has been keeping everyone waiting but we can officially reveal that the Xbox One will be released on November 22. That's a release date for Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, UK, and USA. More markets will follow in 2014.

http://www.shopto.net/news/43947/Microsoft-announces-Xbox-One-release-date/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

So the PS4 launches either side of it. That's kind of lucky for Sony, I reckon. They'll get two waves of launch coverage.

Seems like a crazy date. It's gonna get sandwiched between 2 PS4 launches.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

8 year anniversary of 360.

As it's been said, working in GAME over this holiday season will either be pandamodium or one of the finest things to occur. Sony have certainly got an advantage now, 2 launch dates either side of the Xbone launch.

8 years since the 360 launch, sheesh it's been that long already.

That doesn't really matter though. The different regions don't really affect each other in terms of a launch.

It's a week after the PS4 in the USA, a week before in Europe/Australia.

What are the XBO exclusives on launch?

- Dead Rising 3

- Forza Motorsport 5

- Ryse: Son of Rome

- Powerstar Golf (Digital)

- Killer Instinct (Digital)

- Crimson Dragon (Digital)

There's a good article here about a very interesting move Microsoft has made. Although it's tech spec mud slinging that no console really has the right to be bragging about, it's interesting how a new piece of hardware inside the Xbox One may actually make it stronger than the PS4, even without the cloud bullshit.

One problem though. Historically, the most powerful console never seems to gain market dominance, so this is looking more to me as a further risk if the Xbox One starts floundering.

The guy who said that also previously stated that the Xbox One had been upgraded to 12GB RAM. Which was completely false.

NeoGaf are fairly good at knowing which sources are reliable. They're laughing at this rumour.

They have overclocked the processor, though.

We always have this rubbish about OMEHRGERD secret tech. We had it with the Wii and Wii U, too. We know their power in relation to each other and that isn't going to change.

Microsoft are considering streaming 360 titles to the One in the same way as the PS4 is considering it. It sounds a good idea, and one i'll consider using for games i've not played. All other games i'l continue playing on the 360 as it will be easier and i'll have the DLC content as well.

I thought playing last gen games was "backwards"?

:heh: Someone had to!

Surely Microsoft can get the emulation of disc-based 360 games to run at launch, due to the infinite power of the cloud?

Surely Microsoft can get the emulation of disc-based 360 games to run at launch, due to the infinite power of the cloud?

Judging by their leaked idea of the future (that they went and confirmed to be real by firing C&D's ever where), I doubt they're too interested in offering emulation for 360 games. They're interested in streaming them instead.

Gotta milk your user base for every dollar they have!

Judging by their leaked idea of the future (that they went and confirmed to be real by firing C&D's ever where), I doubt they're too interested in offering emulation for 360 games. They're interested in streaming them instead.

Gotta milk your user base for every dollar they have!

Streaming for Xbox Gold members only!!!

Streaming for Xbox Gold members only!!!

More like pay again for all the games you all ready own.