NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

@Kaepora_Gaebora How are you liking Ryse? I seen you started the Legendary difficulty the other day. Adds quite a challenge, doesn't it? :)

Well now, at the risk of ruining my reputation...I'm actually really enjoying it!

It's not quite on the same level as ZombiU "what the hell were the reviewers playing, this game is brilliant", but it's a very enjoyable, story driven experience, and a fair amount of depth to the combat too. I've surprised myself going back in for legendary, but you're right certainly makes you think in battle!

What are your thoughts on it, seem to remember you saying you thought it wasn't as bad as reviewers made out?

Well now, at the risk of ruining my reputation...I'm actually really enjoying it!

It's not quite on the same level as ZombiU "what the hell were the reviewers playing, this game is brilliant", but it's a very enjoyable, story driven experience, and a fair amount of depth to the combat too. I've surprised myself going back in for legendary, but you're right certainly makes you think in battle!

What are your thoughts on it, seem to remember you saying you thought it wasn't as bad as reviewers made out?

Yeah, I really enjoyed it and couldn't see what the problem was with the game. It has stunning visuals, great story and good gameplay, with some epic set pieces. I also love the online coop mode. I've played a bunch of it with my brother and look forward to the next DLC, which is due to hit soon.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it and couldn't see what the problem was with the game. It has stunning visuals, great story and good gameplay, with some epic set pieces. I also love the online coop mode. I've played a bunch of it with my brother and look forward to the next DLC, which is due to hit soon.

Indeed, it almost feels COD esque in a way, because it's so story driven and, as you say, wonderful set pieces, it's like an experience rather than just a game. It's keeping me off Titanfall at the moment so it's doing something right!

You knew it would happen sooner or later I'm just surprised they didn't save this for E3. Could of been an AVAILABLE NOW moment.

Other things

- Entertainment apps no longer require Gold.

- Games with Gold is coming to Xbox One, will require a Gold Subscription to carry on playing (like PS+).

BOOM! Now THAT's a gamechanging move!

So now they're at price parity (and service parity too, with them straight up ripping off PS+ now). Sony still have the power advantage though and at that same price point, that's gonna hurt them...

Still I don't understand why they announced it now. They're gonna sell like zero consoles from now until then, why not wait a little longer and make it your big E3 announcement? ("available from... Today!") Why cap yourself at the knees like this?

However much it reaks of desperation here, it's still pretty balsy of them to not take the opportunity to undercut Sony with this move...

Another U-turn in effect. Putting entertainment apps outside of the paywall is a great idea, and something i was expecting them to do with the launch of Xbox One back in November. I've always deemed it stupid to put apps that you already pay to access, behind a wall which you need to pay to access.

And a Kinect-less Xbox One, it's an idea that has been a long time coming. People wanted it back in November after Microsoft took the whole idea of needing Kinect to start the console up away. And it's set to be at a price competitive to the Playstation 4.

But on the flipside of the coin, it now makes them near enough equal to Playstation. Free to access apps without needing Gold, but requiring Gold to get the free Games on Gold deals. But i've heard other features may be put behind the wall to compensate, no idea what though.

I had to laugh at this. Not because it's happened, but because of all the denials of it ever going to happen from both Microsoft and a few vocal observers.

I'm curious as to whether or not this will push them into the lead, but that's going to depend entirely on E3's reveals. I think Sony has too positive of an image in the minds of gamers right now though, so it'll be tough.

Only £50 cheaper than the non-kinect bundle. That's interesting.

Yet another U-turn. I wish Nintendo did this with the gamepad 12 months ago lol.

Only £50 cheaper than the non-kinect bundle. That's interesting.

Yet another U-turn. I wish Nintendo did this with the gamepad 12 months ago lol.

Came here literally just to say this. I give Microsoft shit for being the slightly square, argyle sweater wearing cousin of the gaming world, but at least they catch on pretty quickly about what consumers want.

I think it's only £50 cheaper coz they already just dropped the price of the console by £30 a couple of months ago.

I really think with this, games for gold coming to Xbox One, the slow trickle of ID games finally getting released and Sunset Overdrive Xbox One is in for a good summer/early autumn.

Problem though now is that the Xbone has absolutely nothing to differentiate it from the PS4. It is literally just a weaker version of Sony's console, selling at the same price with a couple of exclusive games.

Microsoft have nothing going for them now other than the sheer power of their wallet to moneyhat exclusives. How far are they willing to go to continue to fund these kinds of projects? (I guess we'll find out at E3 ;) )

And yet you could have bought Xbox One w/Kinect and Titanfall a couple of weeks ago for £350 (think it's £390 now)

Pass.

Problem though now is that the Xbone has absolutely nothing to differentiate it from the PS4. It is literally just a weaker version of Sony's console, selling at the same price with a couple of exclusive games.

Microsoft have nothing going for them now other than the sheer power of their wallet to moneyhat exclusives. How far are they willing to go to continue to fund these kinds of projects? (I guess we'll find out at E3 ;) )

Power isn't everything the Wii "won" that gen (360 technically not as powerful as PS3 either)...in all seriousness I do think to the more casual customer that doesn't matter. What does matter is the cluster fuck that was Don Mattick and E3 last year and undoing that damage in the popular consciousness.

I think the Xbox brand is still strong (here at least) and I could see huge sales at Christmas when the new COD comes out. I believe that tended to sell better on the 360 (but I could be wrong), and if so I can see some 360 owners take the plunge this year.

Should of done this from the start.

Nobody cares about Kinect and people aint paying over £400 for consoles. Once retailers get this down to £329 I'll jump in.

I think the Xbox brand is still strong (here at least) and I could see huge sales at Christmas when the new COD comes out. I believe that tended to sell better on the 360 (but I could be wrong), and if so I can see some 360 owners take the plunge this year.

The continued good sales of the 360 and its software suggests there are still plenty 360 owners who have not upgraded to next gen just yet so with the right price and games you should see more and more migrate.

Edited by liger05

That's the thing it comes down to really....The Xbox and COD brands are so intertwined it's crucial. Xbox does seem bigger here...plus the price drop at $399.99 now actually makes it cheaper than PS4 at $449.

plus the price drop at $399.99 now actually makes it cheaper than PS4 at $449.

The PS4 is $399.99 in the US, and has been since launch.

That's the thing it comes down to really....The Xbox and COD brands are so intertwined it's crucial. Xbox does seem bigger here...plus the price drop at $399.99 now actually makes it cheaper than PS4 at $449.

And yet both brands are in decline ;)

Really though, if Destiny takes off like Activision are hoping for, MS will be in big (well, even bigger) trouble as Sony are getting in there early with exclusive deals and such to tie the brand into Playstation, like what MS did with COD.

And of course PS4 has the userbase advantage too, so that's even more incentive for Activision to favour them this time...

And yet both brands are in decline ;)

Really though, if Destiny takes off like Activision are hoping for, MS will be in big (well, even bigger) trouble as Sony are getting in there early with exclusive deals and such to tie the brand into Playstation, like what MS did with COD.

And of course PS4 has the userbase advantage too, so that's even more incentive for Activision to favour them this time...

True true lol. I do wonder though will this new COD get some next gen bump that Ghosts was never gonna have. Ghost perhaps never should have happened as it was clearly filler to keep on the yearly releases.