NEurope
Cube

Xbox One Console Discussion

Future Shop over here are doing an insane deal. Preorder 3 E3 games and get $20 off each. So that means paying $49.99 instead of $69.99.

So I've gone crazy and preordered the following:

Dragon Age Inquisition

Destiny

Sunset Overdrive

Rise Of The Tomb Raider

Tom Clancy's The Division

Halo 5: Guardians

Batman: Arkham Knight

Halo Master Chief Collection

Crackdown

Star Wars Battlefront

Mass Effect 4

Quantum Break

Still left with AC Unity, FIFA 15 and Far Cry 4 which I may pick up this year as well (just not sure I can afford all them of releasing close to each other also when the hell is Alien Isolation out?). Roll on the year of shame ending. What an incredible 18 months - 2 years we have as Xbox One owners.

I bought Forza 5 at the weekend. Absolutely loving it. Just put 40 minutes into the Nurburing in te 1967 Brabam and took my lap time down from 12 minutes to 10:20.

I bought Forza 5 at the weekend. Absolutely loving it. Just put 40 minutes into the Nurburing in te 1967 Brabam and took my lap time down from 12 minutes to 10:20.

OOOh nice to have another drivatar to race against.

I can't remember your drivatar but @wildo's is a dirty bastard. @Domstercool likes to ram people too!

I actually deleted one of my nephews from my friends list due to how dirty his drivatar was. :D I ain't having that cheating git in my game!

I can't remember your drivatar but @wildo's is a dirty bastard. @Domstercool likes to ram people too!

I'm not sure if we are friends on Xbox Live? Will have to double check.

Any of you chaps downloaded this "Brazil now" app? Seems like quite a cool little app for the World Cup, look forward to trying it out!

Julys updates.

Here’s a shortlist of features rolling out in the next few days to folks getting early access to the Xbox One system update.

Snap Mode for Achievements. As we showed at our E3 Green Carpet event before the show, we’re offering an easier way to track and view your achievements in the moment. With Achievement Snap, you can track your achievement progress in real time without ever leaving the game. You can also ‘Get Help’ on any Achievements you’re struggling with. Xbox will scan the web for you and deliver relevant tips and strategy content right to your TV. You can view a video about this feature here.

Double-tap to Snap. Double-tap the button on you controller to bring up Snap Center, where you can launch Achievements or any other snap-able app, without leaving your game. Already have an app snapped? Double-tap quickly switches between your game and the snapped app.

Choice of Spoken Language. Folks in New Zealand, Ireland and Austria can now enable voice control using the English or German voice models from other countries. And if you're an expat in an English-speaking country, you, too, can choose any of the other English language models that fit you.

Future Digital Bundles and Compilation Discs. We’re doing some work now so that publishers will have options for great digital bundle and disc compilation offerings in the future. As we test this feature, we’ll be seeing more flexible combinations of game titles and game content.

‘Like’ Game DVR clips. We’re are adding the ability to ‘Like’ all your favorite Game DVR clips as well as activity feed items in SmartGlass.

This months updates was supposed to have the auto sign in feature but I can't for the life of me find it. Is it actually there or has it been delayed?

I was thinking back to the reasons I got my 360, and why I'm not really interested in the Xbox One and more likely to get a PS4. The exclusive game Bioware were developing at the time, and the potential Rareware games were some of the main things.

Why didn't Microsoft buy Bioware when they had the chance? They were pretty much already an exclusive developer at the time, Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire and Mass Effect were all big exclusives and good reasons to get an Xbox. Did they even make a bid?

Any of you chaps downloaded this "Brazil now" app? Seems like quite a cool little app for the World Cup, look forward to trying it out!

Yeah I've been using it. It's pretty cool. I mean TV is so good at displaying stats and stuff so a lot of that is lost I like having the twitter feed down the side posting peoples reactions.

Julys updates.

This months updates was supposed to have the auto sign in feature but I can't for the life of me find it. Is it actually there or has it been delayed?

It's in there not sure where but defo there.

Took a while but I finally found it. You need to go to Settings and then Prefrences. In there you should see the option at the bottom of the middle column.

Cracking interview with Phil Spencer by GameCentral and I recommend you give the whole thing a read.

HERE

Some of my favourite parts were...

GC: That was actually may favourite bit of the show, when you took a moment to acknowledge and praise Sony and Nintendo as rivals. If there’s one thing I can’t bear it’s execs bad mouthing the competition. Even the most partisan gamer realises that console manufacturers need strong rivals to push them into doing better.

PS: That’s right, that’s right. And I watched Nintendo’s briefing this morning and I thought their tone and their style, and their kind of humour with themselves, I though was great and I thought really well done. I have a lot of respect for Reggie, and I just thought it was a really nice show.

And you think historically, Nintendo has played an incredibly important role in gaming, and they still do to today, of having franchises that really appeal to everybody. I mean, I don’t mind saying they’ve got the strongest first party line-up out there, when you look at the franchises that they have, and I think they play an important role.

It is competitive, I want to win. I want to sell as many Xbox Ones as I possibly can. I know some people will buy all three consoles and some people will choose one console. And we’re going to win some customers this generation and we’re going to lose some customers this generation.

It really comes down to the game content, people buy a console in order to play games and that’s why I want to take our 90 minutes and really focus, not on me, not on our competition, not on the executives, but on the content people get to play this year on our console. Because I think that’s why people buy the consoles, to play.

GC: There’s a theory I suggested to a Sony exec once, I don’t think you’d know him as he’s only Europe, about the arrogance sine wave of console manufacturers. Where you’re all caught in this endless pattern of starting out at the bottom, trying to do your best to appeal to core gamers, then as you get more and more successful you begin to feel you need the core less and less. And then you peak, and you start to reject them and you try and pursue other demographics, but that never works and so you carry on back down the curve until you have to climb back up by courting the core once again. I’d suggest Nintendo is just starting back up at the moment, Sony I think is probably about midway, but – if you accept my premise – where would you say Microsoft is?

PS: Well, so my background in Xbox is head of first party studios and then two months ago I was made head of Xbox all-up. So I come from the game… the content development background and when I think about how games are developed, games are developed with a keen insight in the kind of feedback loop with how people are gonna play. Usually we’ve been bringing gamers in to play the games before they’re finished. We have alphas, we have betas, this is kind of the rhythm that we’re in, in terms of building games. And for me in my new role as head of Xbox, I’m gonna run Xbox the same way.

I’m gonna run Xbox connected to who our customers are and I want them to have a voice in how this product evolves. We also have a rhythm now of doing monthly updates to the box, so every month we’re adding features, fixing things, listening to customers and making changes. The style on how we show up… I am who I am and I’m not claiming to be the most charismatic executive or… I dunno, I’m a product development games guy. That’s what I do. So when I stand on stage I’m probably gonna show up that way, both the positive and the negative of that.

For the platform and Xbox all-up I wanna make sure the team understands who our core customers are, and that’s someone who wants to play games on their television. And I want to make sure our box resonates with that customers base. I think we have to listen to them, we have to build a product for them, we have to listen to the feedback – if they tell me I’m an idiot because I didn’t do X, Y, or Z you’ve got to take that just as much as, ‘Hey, you had a great E3 press briefing’. You can’t just listen to one side of it. And I want that to be a core principle of how the programme’s run in a world of success or a world of struggle, either one. It’s core to me.

But you should hold me true to that, right? If we have success and we’re sitting there and you come back and say, ‘Hey, it sounds like the vibe of the programme’s different’ I want to hear that from people.

I think Phil Spencer comes off as a really genuine guy that cares about gaming. It may not be the case at all but that is how he's coming across every time I read interviews with him.

Yep, will start the beta download as soon as I can tomorrow but at 12 GB I probably won't be able to play until Thursday evening and even then it will be much later on...

I bought an Xbox One on a whim from ebay a few weeks ago. Not planning on getting much for it apart from a few exclusives as I prefer my PS4 but I was looking forward to the Masterchief Collection later this year so decided to go for it.

I think this is probably the worst system I have ever owned OS-wise. First of all I hate the design of the dashboard but that was something I already knew would happen as I just dont like Metro. The rest of my problems just come from weird choices MS have made like not having the settings on the home screen by default, having your games/apps in a different section that has to be loaded into and a load of weird install/download problems where when I first try to install a game the system keeps tripping over itself trying to install and download updates at the same time and never managing to do either. Googling this I found it was a known issue and the fix was to cancel the installation, disconnect the console from the Internet, install the game, reconnect to the Internet and then download the update. Ridiculous. Speaking to @flameboy I know this doesnt seem to be the case for everyone so ive no idea why it happens to me and all the other people complaining about it on the net.

It looks like my Xbox One will take the same place as my Wii U, as an exclusive machine thats only used every couple of months. I was hoping to at least use the TV stuff but with Kinect's voice stuff still not working brilliantly I havent seen anything that would make me use it over just the normal TV.

....Still, looking forward to Halo in November lol

I've actually packed mine up, as well as my Wii U. I went with the One first over the PS4 as my brother and nephew got one, so I figured I would play with them.

As the months have gone on less and less people on my friends list have been playing online, which is kinda what prompted me to get a PS4. More people seem to be online and playing games on it.

I still like my One but like you will probably just break it out when an exclusive hits. I can't wait for the Halo Collection and Sunset Overdrive to get released!

I bought an Xbox One on a whim from ebay a few weeks ago. Not planning on getting much for it apart from a few exclusives as I prefer my PS4 but I was looking forward to the Masterchief Collection later this year so decided to go for it.

I think this is probably the worst system I have ever owned OS-wise. First of all I hate the design of the dashboard but that was something I already knew would happen as I just dont like Metro. The rest of my problems just come from weird choices MS have made like not having the settings on the home screen by default, having your games/apps in a different section that has to be loaded into and a load of weird install/download problems where when I first try to install a game the system keeps tripping over itself trying to install and download updates at the same time and never managing to do either. Googling this I found it was a known issue and the fix was to cancel the installation, disconnect the console from the Internet, install the game, reconnect to the Internet and then download the update. Ridiculous. Speaking to @flameboy I know this doesnt seem to be the case for everyone so ive no idea why it happens to me and all the other people complaining about it on the net.

It looks like my Xbox One will take the same place as my Wii U, as an exclusive machine thats only used every couple of months. I was hoping to at least use the TV stuff but with Kinect's voice stuff still not working brilliantly I havent seen anything that would make me use it over just the normal TV.

....Still, looking forward to Halo in November lol

You press start on the homescreen to get to settings. It's not particularly hidden away.

Yeah that's what flameboy told me as well but the console never did. I just think its one of those things that should always be there instead of having to pin it.

Anyway I've had my rant. Don't want to bring the thread down my constantly moaning as others obviously like the console (however misguided that may be :P )

EA Access includes a back catalog of EA games, discounts, and the ability to play games early.

Electronic Arts has a new idea for a gaming subscription service, and it's called EA Access. Currently exclusive to Xbox One, EA Access grants entry to a back catalog of EA games inside The Vault, a 10% discount on purchasing games and DLC digitally, and access to retail games five days before release.

Starting today, it's rolling out to Xbox One users, and signups occur through the EA Access Hub app.

Users can choose between a monthly ($4.99) or annual ($29.99) subscription fee, and the first wave of games loaded into the The Vault include Peggle 2, Battlefield 4, Madden NFL 25, and FIFA 14. Those games have been handpicked for the beta, however, and it's unclear if games in The Vault will stay for limited periods, rotate, or eventually have time limits associated with them. For now, it's unlimited, while EA sees how people respond to the program.

I have to imagine paying a few dollars to start playing Dragon Age: Inquisition nearly a week before release is going to be awfully tempting, especially since your progress will be saved. Any takers?

If successful, it's likely EA Access becomes available elsewhere, but no details on that just yet.

More specifics on EA Access are available through a FAQ on the company's website.

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/ea-reveals-new-subscription-service-on-xbox-one/1100-4972/

Not really sure what to make of this..Just to play game a weeks early isn't a selling point...especially when the 10% discount still doesn't ensure the game is cheaper than retail.

Out of the games initially on offer as well you're looking at older titles...also on Xbox One your limited to the following games for the foreseeable future:

Battlefield 4

FIFA 14

Madden 25

NBA Live 14

Need for Speed Rivals

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare

Titanfall

I can't see them adding any of next years sports titles unless they are convinced that people would spend enough in the likes of Ultimate Team if they had got the game for free. Out of what's coming up can't see Dragon Age Inquistion being added, Battlefield Hardline is way too important and the Star Wars games are a way off.

Wonder if we will see beta access exclusively through this....still can't see it catching on.

Bloody Xbox One. Ive bought D4 and been trying to play it. Using the controller and not Kinect because fuck motion controls but its constantly trying to switch me back. The icon keeps appearing in the corner and the bar starts filling up like it does when you hold your hand up to select something in a Kinect game.

Bloody Xbox One. Ive bought D4 and been trying to play it. Using the controller and not Kinect because fuck motion controls but its constantly trying to switch me back. The icon keeps appearing in the corner and the bar starts filling up like it does when you hold your hand up to select something in a Kinect game.

Unplug Kinect?