Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

Was wondering if they'd give an extension. Five days, while proportional to this downtime, is a bit low. Given the various network problems over the last few months I thought they might have just whacked on a few weeks for everyone. T'is the season and all that!

Can we stop with the "this is for the players" at the end of every Sony advert I fucking hate it.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

In fairness it's the slogan for the console.

Edited by Ashley

A taste of things to come...

Tomorrow Children and RIME are still the standout titles for me, but Tearaway and Uncharted look pretty cool too, still need to check out that franchise on the PS3 actually! :woops:Don't reckon I'll be able to get through all of them now though, so was thinking about just getting the 3rd one (it's part of ShopTo's January sale). :hmm:

Those that have played 'em all, if you could only recommend one, which would it be?

I've also got Alien Isolation on the to buy list (decided to skip the PS3/PC version of that in the end) and will probably be getting GTA V again (must play as cat :heh:) so yeah, looks like I'll be picking up a PS4 sometime soon. :)

I've also got Alien Isolation on the to buy list (decided to skip the PS3/PC version of that in the end) and will probably be getting GTA V again (must play as cat :heh:) so yeah, looks like I'll be picking up a PS4 sometime soon. :)

Shame your not after one now. £280 is a bargain for the machine.

SO what do you guys think of the year so far? :) and perhaps going forward?

It's been an interesting year. The PS4 has got me back into gaming, which has helped me clear my backlog. There have been some successes in the form of inFamous, The Last of Us and Far Cry 4. However, there have been some disappointment in Murdered: Soul Suspect and Destiny. In terms of arcade/indie games it's been 50/50

Tomorrow Children and RIME are still the standout titles for me, but Tearaway and Uncharted look pretty cool too, still need to check out that franchise on the PS3 actually! :woops:Don't reckon I'll be able to get through all of them now though, so was thinking about just getting the 3rd one (it's part of ShopTo's January sale). :hmm:

Those that have played 'em all, if you could only recommend one, which would it be?

Uncharted 2 is by far the best one, but they're not exactly long games, so there's no reason to skip the others.

I'm pretty sure you said something similar last year. :D

The solution is simple...stop buying more games! If you're buying them only for them to sit on the shelf then what's the point? You end up with a massive collection of games that you overpaid for and are now gathering dust. It also has the effect of having all these games to play but not wanting to play any of them. You become over whelmed.

You also need to learn to pick your battles. Games like Destiny are a huge time sink and if you don't have the time to put into it then it's pointless starting the thing, especially if you have other games you would rather play.

If you have a retro gaming itch then scratch it. Don't play something because you feel you have to, rather play it because you genuinely want to.

Oh I know, to be fair I didn't buy close to as many games as I used to. I'm getting better :) But I've always played all consoles, I've owned them all bar the xbox one so it al last feels wrong if I didnt, but it's too much now. Honestly, some of the games I haven't played, supposed masterpieces, it's embarassing.

A game I've felt obliged to play is batman origins, no idea why but ended up playing that this christmas, it was a chore at first, but actually ended up really enjoying it.

As for Uncharted, surely it's objective that Uncharted 2 is leagues ahead of the others. 1 was great but I wonder what it would feel like now, 2 was incredible. 3 was still fun, but easily the weakest for me.

Was wondering if they'd give an extension. Five days, while proportional to this downtime, is a bit low. Given the various network problems over the last few months I thought they might have just whacked on a few weeks for everyone. T'is the season and all that!

I dont think anyone would ever give that much, the exception was the PSN hack where Sony had to be generous (and they delivered lol). This is better than what Blizzard did and I thought their repsonse was good too. The problem with these things however is that for some its time they cant get back! The voucher is nice as i will probably buy something anyhow.

Can we stop with the "this is for the players" at the end of every Sony advert I fucking hate it.

AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!

I find it cheesy too. Funnily enough it does sum up their position compared to MS and Nintendo right now.

In China the PS4 and Vita will be region free unlike the other two consoles companies... TheXbone also has single use codes for games(much like the original vision). Thats a big difference in position and has pretty much been the difference this whole gen. All these little things add up.

Edited by Choze
Automerged Doublepost

So I caved in at the £280 price point... I be weak. :hehe: That, and I figure it's best to get playing through Alien and a few other current games before everything else I'm looking forward to playing on 3DS, Wii U and PS4 comes out. Don't wanna end up doing a @dazzybee. :heh::hug:

Quick question though, does the PS4 use exactly the same power cable as the PS3? Not got much space in my current setup, so I'm planning to just plonk the PS4 where my PS3 is now (and switch 'em whenever I wanna play something else) but all the cables are kind of stuck around the back of my cabinet (it's spaghetti junction back there :laughing:) and I don't fancy trying to get them out again. :zzz:

So I caved in at the £280 price point... I be weak. :hehe: That, and I figure it's best to get playing through Alien and a few other current games before everything else I'm looking forward to playing on 3DS, Wii U and PS4 comes out. Don't wanna end up doing a @dazzybee. :heh::hug:

One of us. One of us.

Which colour did you end up getting? You get a game with it? I know Amazon are doing the white one with DriveClub for £280 with DriveClub.

One of us. One of us.

Which colour did you end up getting? You get a game with it? I know Amazon are doing the white one with DriveClub for £280 with DriveClub.

Got the black one with LBP3 (which is handy as that's another game I wanted to check out), also ordered a copy of Alien for £20. :)

heads up to anybody looking for additional PS4 controllers. Gamestop currently have them for £36.99 with free postage, which in the current climate is a very cheap.

The controllers vary in price hugely and there are often good deals. I think they retailed on Amazon for £30 before in some sort of deal. I ended up getting mine for around the same price that Gamestop are charging for the blue one, which is gorgeous.

Quick question though, does the PS4 use exactly the same power cable as the PS3? Not got much space in my current setup, so I'm planning to just plonk the PS4 where my PS3 is now (and switch 'em whenever I wanna play something else) but all the cables are kind of stuck around the back of my cabinet (it's spaghetti junction back there :laughing:) and I don't fancy trying to get them out again. :zzz:

Got the black one with LBP3 (which is handy as that's another game I wanted to check out), also ordered a copy of Alien for £20. :)

Well done, braaaaah!

Alien is wonderful. :) Are you a fan of the films?

If you've got Plus, add Injustice to your cart for free and download it later. It's a great fighting game and I think a lot of it.

Also also, if you're into racing games, I'm pretty sure DriveClub is still around £35 in the PSstore. All of the problems seemed to be ironed out now and the photo mode, dynamic weather and challenge features are all working like a treat. I'd consider it. It's the best looking game on the system. (although Alien also does look wonderful)

Alien is wonderful. :) Are you a fan of the films?
Huge fan of the first film. The rest... not so much. So yeah, think I'm really gonna enjoy Isolation. :)

If you've got Plus, add Injustice to your cart for free and download it later. It's a great fighting game and I think a lot of it.
Don't have plus (still got the 30 day trial @Hero\-of\-Time sent me back when I bought the PS3 :heh:) I probably won't get that sorted until The Tomorrow Children arrives, but we'll see. :hehe:

Also also, if you're into racing games, I'm pretty sure DriveClub is still around £35 in the PSstore. All of the problems seemed to be ironed out now and the photo mode, dynamic weather and challenge features are all working like a treat. I'd consider it. It's the best looking game on the system. (although Alien also does look wonderful)
It does indeed look pretty spectacular, I'll focus on Alien and a bit of LBP3 for now though. Would prefer to get the retail version anyway, which seems to be around 20 quid online.

I would avoid Driveclub. Its quite weak, looks and sounds amazing but the gameplay isnt that great at all. Infact its a bad flawed game even with the patching going on.

LBP3 on the other hand is really good. Superb game! I only dug into it yesterday night.

I would avoid Driveclub. Its quite weak, looks and sounds amazing but the gameplay isnt that great at all. Infact its a bad flawed game even with the patching going on.

LBP3 on the other hand is really good. Superb game! I only dug into it yesterday night.

twat.gif

I have to agree. There is plenty of reason to come back weith the updates etc. but it also has plenty of depth. Isnt a push over etc.

There are more major updates coming. Definately changed my opinion of the game.

edit: I still think the game is much more mediocre than what it should have been. The club system is broken and dull. Yet its a major part of the game. Creating one and staying in an active club is difficult.

The whole dynamic events stuff is terrible. Its lazy and unexciting.

Worse still I cant get my head around the handling. I am stuck on the pro trophy near the end but cant find any car or anything to progress. I dont feel the game is good enough to warrant any special effort.

I am pretty sure Sony decided to release this just to put it out of its misery. Awful. But it has great stuff (mostly based on taking advantage of the hardware) which is what seems to interest people.

@Choze I wish you'd make your mind with regard to Driveclub one minute you like the game then you hate it. LBP3 on the other hand is a superb game despite the fact you've only played it for a few hours - you probably hate that now though too.

Driveclub is a fantastic racing game to be experienced. If you were to get this game @RedShell, i would recommend getting the season pass as well. It adds additional tours each month which keeps the game fresh. Most of the issues this had have certainly been ironed out, online is very much stable now.