Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 4 Console Discussion

Retro_Link

I played it on the Vita, if that helps? It has optional touch-screen controls, otherwise it just depends on if you want to be able to play it on the go or not.

Not particularly, just wondered if the touch controls made a difference; think I'll go with the vita!!

@dazzybee you should get it on the Vita because the Vita has folders ;)

Ha, tell me about it!!

Also, what's been this complaint about not being able to delete games from the list on the home page?... you totally can.

One thing I would like, is being able to delete trophies for games you no longer own/tried out etc...

That wasn't the complaint, it was deleting/hiding them from your library.

Though now the deleted games are at the bottom so that's *something* at least

This isn't really PS4 specific but it's most applicable to me for PS4 really. I every once in a while wish for a very basic, yet very lazy(for me), feature of this nice new modern console.

Seeing as the PS4, and I presume the Xbox One too, all download games to the hard drive and don't actually use the disc for anything other than verification - I wish I didn't have to swap discs as much. I know. It's super lazy. Get up, press a button, swap disc, sit down and play. Barely any effort really. Unless you're a disc-box shuffler like me, but even then it isn't heavily tiresome.

Like...I wish for every time you put a disc in you could get another 5 boots of that game without the disc or so. I realise that one obvious solution for this is to go digital on purchases, but I'm more against that than I am being lazy(see Josh64's excellent How future-proof are modern games? in GGD).

Is it just me? Am I that lazy? I have to actually admit there's been occasions where I've wanted a quick go of a game and genuinely because of having to get up and swap discs I've just played something that I've downloaded instead. I've actually avoided playing a game because I was too damn lazy to get up and swap discs. I think I have been thoroughly spoiled by modern media technology.

I am the same mate and yes it's pure laziness but man is it awesome to just switch games with the press of, what, two buttons? I now buy everything digital and the ones that don't require me to switch discs are definitely the ones I play more.

There are plenty of upsides to digital games. I don't really care about boxarts and all that anymore. Having to find storage for all of your games is a real pain in the arse, as well as the thought of having to pack up all our shit one day when we eventually get our own house.

I'll definitely be considering getting any multiplayer games digitally in future. That way @Eenuh and I can play together with one copy, like we've been doing for Battlefront. It's pretty amazing, tbh. I love how you can just switch from one game to another then to something like Netflix and maybe then jump to Spotify...all whilst having nothing inserted into the console.

I think I might be losing interest in gaming because almost none of those games are appealing to me :/

The only thing I'll definitely get is Dark Souls III.

I don't look through the list with any great enthusiasm either.. and I include Dark Souls III in that, too :heh:

Even 2015, which was hailed by many as an exceptional year in gaming, wasn't overly engaging, personally, despite a handful of great Wii U games!

To be honest, my backlog has never looked so appealing!