NEurope
Daft

General TV Thread

Conceptually Glee had promise, but it's delivery was awful. And it's steadfast determination to have shitty plots, dialogue and characters.

Hit the nail on the head. It really is an awful show.

To be fair, the first thirteen episodes of Glee were actually enjoyable. Then it got popular and went from being satire to taking itself way too seriously and it's been pretty much unwatchable ever since.

Just started watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

I want to watch this and pretend that 3 never happened. Or, actually, it makes 3 that little bit more acceptable. Possibly.

Either way, I like it. The tone and style is on a par with the first two films.

Great show. And the time travel in it erases Terminator 3, so it's easy to pretend that it never happened.

The Sarah Connor Chronicles never gelled with me. For a TV show about killer robots and time travel, it was surprisingly dull. :hmm:

I much preferred it to the films. Got a better grasp on the mythos and less Schwarzeneger is always good in my book :heh:

I much preferred it to the films. Got a better grasp on the mythos and less Schwarzeneger is always good in my book :heh:

tumblr_m5u247tbzZ1qemebio1_500.gif

Undoubtedly Ryan Muphey will throw his toys out of his pram just like every time an artist has requested not to be included.

This isn't even about wanting to be included or not, it's about being ripped off.

I know, but Murphy has a past of presuming having your music on Glee is better than winning 100 awards so why wouldn't someone want to be included (even if they didn't choose to)?

For starters they'd need to acknowledge it's actually his cover of the song, which I'm getting the impression isn't the case. :heh:

Yes that is bloody obvious, I was going beyond what was just written in the blog post and expanding on a past history of the show and it's creator :heh:

But what you said didn't make any sense in context! :p

No it was fine, your Danish is just getting in the way.

How had I not heard that there's going to be a Party Down movie?

Edit: Now if we could just get that Veronica Mars movie...

Probably in for some stick here, but I finally got round to the first episode of season 1 of Breaking Bad last night, after much hype about it, I thought I'd give it ago.

Enjoyed the pilot episode, is it only 7 episodes per season? Or is that just the case for season 1.

Either way shall watch more of it again tonight.

Getting god damn ridiculous though, will be juggling this, Season 7 of Dexter, Season 2 of Game of thrones, Finishing Arrow, Boardwalk Empire and Walking dead is back soon.

First world problems with too many good tv shows to watch.

Probably in for some stick here, but I finally got round to the first episode of season 1 of Breaking Bad last night, after much hype about it, I thought I'd give it ago.

Enjoyed the pilot episode, is it only 7 episodes per season? Or is that just the case for season 1.

Either way shall watch more of it again tonight.

I only recently started watching it too :D

Well started back in Dec and been slowly working through the show.

Just finished season 3 the other day, loving it : peace:

Season 1 has 8 eps and seasons 2 - 4 have 13 each. Season 5 has only aired 8 so far with I think 8 more to go starting in May this year.

I had to bump this thread to mention that Glee is ripping off Jonathan Coulton. (Sorry for linking to Kotaku.) Basically, Coulton did a cover of Baby Got Back with an original melody, and whoever's in charge of the song selection on Glee liked the arrangement so much that they stole it without asking.

Also: Archer is back! I love how cable shows return when you least expect it.

Also also: I'm so glad Private Practice is finally ending next week. It's always been boring, but I really hate the way every character has had their own episode this season. And how boring everyone is. Poor Amelia has done nothing at all this season, until last week's episode, which was all about her budding relationship with some doctor. That's her one last big storyline. A recovering addict who's a brain surgeon and gave birth to a baby with no brain, but sure, let's spend an entire episode watching her get wooed by some guy. Because this is Shonda-verse, and your life is not complete unless you're in a relationship. Except for Violet, but if there's a time jump in the final episode, I expect she'll start dating again too.

It was weird watching the Christmas special knowing that Dan Stevens thinks filming ~8 episodes a year is too much work. It was kind of funny how his character got to hold his daughter and kiss his wife one last time before he died. If it had been my TV show and someone decided to leave after a measly three seasons, I'd have their character drown in a vat of manure. "And we'd better use real manure, so it looks good on camera."

Undoubtedly Ryan Muphey will throw his toys out of his pram just like every time an artist has requested not to be included.

Also, Glee is the worst.

In unrelated news, I can't believe there are only 2 episodes of 30 Rock left :(

LOOOOOL! This dude ripped off Sir Mix-a-lot. Not his song! Glee stole it from that dude and he's going on like he owns it? Ha! In that case, every person on YouTube who has ever made a cover of a song now owns that song and can complain. If I was Murphy, I'd be laughing at the dude. -_-

Just because he changed it from hip-hop to something else does not make it his song! Also, I hate it! Sir Mix-a-lot's is way better! Fair enough if he made his very own song and they did that but it's not his song. I hate both his and Glee's version, Sir Mix-a-lot FTW!

This version just bitchslaps Glee and Jonathan Couture's version ANY DAY!

Edited by Animal

LOOOOOL! This dude ripped off Sir Mix-a-lot. Not his song! Glee stole it from that dude and he's going on like he owns it? Ha! In that case, every person on YouTube who has ever made a cover of a song now owns that song and can complain. If I was Murphy, I'd be laughing at the dude. -_-

Just because he changed it from hip-hop to something else does not make it his song! Also, I hate it! Sir Mix-a-lot's is way better! Fair enough if he made his very own song and they did that but it's not his song. I hate both his and Glee's version, Sir Mix-a-lot FTW!

He owns the rights to his unique arrangement, though, which was the one Glee used. And he did a lot more than taking lyrics and composition when making his version.

(In case you didn't know, Jonathan Coulton pretty much makes a living out of making humorous songs, and his parody of Baby Got Back is hardly stealing.)

(In case you didn't know, Jonathan Coulton pretty much makes a living out of making humorous songs, and his parody of Baby Got Back is hardly stealing.)

He also purchased a license to use Baby Got Back.

And the problem was that they were using Coulton's instrumental version (as in his exact composition) rather than making their own version.

He owns the rights to his unique arrangement, though, which was the one Glee used. And he did a lot more than taking lyrics and composition when making his version.

He also purchased a license to use Baby Got Back.

And the problem was that they were using Coulton's instrumental version (as in his exact composition) rather than making their own version.

Ah, I see. My mistake. Still, I don't like what he did to it. Would have been funnier and better if Glee did a rendition of Sir Mix-a-lot's version. I didn't know who this dude was, I'll go check him out on YouTube and Spotify and hope his other songs are better.

I didn't know who this dude was, I'll go check him out on YouTube and Spotify and hope his other songs are better.

He wrote the songs for Portal and Portal 2.