NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Wii U Price Check

Hmmm not happy with those prices at the moment. I may leave buying for a few months. I'm not overly excited (maybe my age :( ) and I have a busy December so won't really be able to play it. I might pick it up in Jan/Feb time.

Was thinking of not buying at all to be honest. It would be the first Nintendo console I haven't bought if I don't get it. What's happening to me?! O_O

Just like you said, maybe your age/ period in your life. I'm 31 one now and owned all Nintendo consoles and hardware since the NES. I get all excited when I see new interesting games but when I buy them, I rarely put the same amount of time in them as I did "back in the days". It doesn't really justify spending all that money anymore............. maybe........ :(

Disappointed the Zombie bundle no longer comes with NintendoLand included.

Yeah me too, it would have been a well priced bundle. Going to trade in a few things on release date so I can pick up ZombiU, NSMBU and Rayman Legends instead now.

I've switched from a zombieU bundle to a premium one as its cheaper for now since i win't use the pro controller for a while, plus i can ask for it for christmas

would have liked the zombieu bundle to have nintendoland, i can see it being the wiisports and something i'll play with my girlfriend

I've been thinking that this generation i might not buy all three consoles, cars and houses are more important now so i can survive on one console a WiiU - where when corrie goes on i can still keep playing

Just like you said, maybe your age/ period in your life. I'm 31 one now and owned all Nintendo consoles and hardware since the NES. I get all excited when I see new interesting games but when I buy them, I rarely put the same amount of time in them as I did "back in the days". It doesn't really justify spending all that money anymore............. maybe........ :(

I'm trying not to be negative now like I was earlier but I think we have to be honest that buying a Wii U is nothing like getting an N64 with Mario 64. It might be comparable to the GameCube launch though, so let's hope its big games are as good!!

Anyway, yeah, I think the Premium bundle is the one to go for, although it does help that I don't play zombie games.

Well I got another email from Amazong expecting it to say my order was cancelled, but noooo they will honour the £199.99 price I managed to secure for the premium bundle which is awesome.

So you're getting it for £100 cheaper!!! How the feck did you manage that?!... You just pre-ordered it a while ago?

The price was all over the place for a good few hours yesterday on Amazon. At one point it went from £250 to £269 and then to £199.99 thats when I got my order in. I reckon there alot of people with different prices for the same item. I'm still worried they will cancel it but they have confirmed to me 3 times now that they will honour the price and not cancel it. A few others who got it for that price also have had it confirmed that the orders will be honoured.

It'd be nice to have a little bit of luck for once but as I never have any I'm expecting another email this week saying fuck you Bryanee its cancelled.

Well I got another email from Amazong expecting it to say my order was cancelled, but noooo they will honour the £199.99 price I managed to secure for the premium bundle which is awesome.

Lucky bastard!!! (good going! : peace:)

Pretty much on the fence with this system at present. At this stage in my life I can think of lots of things I'd rather spend £300 on.

I think I may hold off buying until Pikmin 3 comes out.

The launch line up looks ok, but none of the games have that must-buy factor. The Wii had Twilight Princess, so I picked that up at launch mainly for that. Not really that interested in the NSMB games, NintendoLand looks like a mess, ZombiU looks ok but I'm sure I can wait a few more months for that.

I'm sticking with ShopTo...

Nintendo Wii U ZombiU Bundle - £324.85

Nintendoland - £39.85

New Super Mario Bros U - £39.85

Rayman Legends - £39.85

So all of that will come to... £444.04 though because I'm a Gold member I'll get £16.24 back on the console and £1.99 back per game so that'll be £22.21 credited back to me at least plus I may decide to use whatever credit I have accumulated against the bundle which will be at least £40 so one way or another I should be paying around £400 for all of the above.

Not bad... :)

...best start saving! :p

What are they like for delivery?

Ditto on this for me! Those prices are awfully tempting, but I'm not willing to leave delivery times to chance...

Well as I'm saving for a wedding, the only way I'm going to be able to afford this is by trading in my old stuff. Just got £90 credit for stuff at CEX so I'm quite a way there already. It's just the roulette of whether they will have one in stock anywhere around launch and quite how much they will charge everyone for it!

wow according to that eurogamer link, gamestop want £299.99 for the basic pack!!! thats got to be wrong

I've heard very bad things about them. I would avoid them solely off the weight of negativity associated with them.

Yep. there is an old saying... if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is!

Stupid question... do all these pre-orders only take the money on dispatch? ie. you can cancel anytime?