NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Insulting his appearance? Mature.

There's absolutely no way to defend that otherwise I would have. I can see 100% why people hate him.

He knows himself he's an absolute wanker on the pitch, surely. It's funny, because he's such a nice person off the pitch, but he admits himself he turns into a totally different person on the field.

Ofcourse you'd love to see him leave the Premiership, just so you didn't have to play him. ;)

I know it isn't nice of me and I'm not like that normally, but I can't help it; it's like Richard III; his disgusting outwardly appearance highlights the cunt from within! When I see his goofy teeth it really does irritate me!

Thing is, he'll leave you whatever in the summer, and of course I'd prefer not to play against him :) But, in all honesty, it's more that I don't want to see players like that in this league. They sour the game.

I know it isn't nice of me and I'm not like that normally, but I can't help it; it's like Richard III; his disgusting outwardly appearance highlights the cunt from within! When I see his goofy teeth it really does irritate me!

Thing is, he'll leave you whatever in the summer, and of course I'd prefer not to play against him :) But, in all honesty, it's more that I don't want to see players like that in this league. They sour the game.

He's not leaving in the summer. There's endless articles saying he's going, yet there has not been one quote or even a slither of truth in any of them. It's just speculation.

He has himself said he's staying and he's happy, we don't want to sell him. End of story.

I think Diaby's race is run, he's gotten another serious injury during training and will be out for 8-9 months. No denying if he could stay injury free he could be an important player, but he's just too frail.

At the earliest he'll be back around December so Wenger wouldn't bring him back into Premier League action until he has a good number games in reserve also we don't know what competitions they'll be in so I think the next time we see him play will be around Feb/March.

Diaby is a good player no doubt, but he's made out of glass.

He's not leaving in the summer. There's endless articles saying he's going, yet there has not been one quote or even a slither of truth in any of them. It's just speculation.

He has himself said he's staying and he's happy, we don't want to sell him. End of story.

Hmmm, I don't think it is end of story. You may not even get european football of any sorts never mind champions league. He'll leave for CL, I'd start learning to accept that if I was you. I will with Bale if we don't get it.

Hmmm, I don't think it is end of story. You may not even get european football of any sorts never mind champions league. He'll leave for CL, I'd start learning to accept that if I was you. I will with Bale if we don't get it.

He will hang around for next season and then leave if we don't get top 4. Cavani said that's probably the case.

I'll be devastated when/if he leaves, but there's always someone else who comes along.

Talking about the lower leagues

Wednesday won....Boo!! Fucking wankers

United won yesterday :-) also we have quite a few games in hand due to the snow. Which is bad if we dont win them. We havent been consistent all season. Losing to Stevenage (who the fuck are Stevenage) 4-0 is just plain embarassing.

Im really really hoping that we at least get automatic. I dont think I could cope with the play offs and losing at Wembley again. We would have done it last year if our number 1 striker didnt get convicted of rape :-/

Why should our captain, and probably our best player, step aside for some youngster? Do we even have any really promising young CMs?

Gerard should be binned off. Done fuck all this season how he started in front of Lampard is beyond me. At least the pie master is still tucking them in, and the goals.

Seemed that Arsenal had a really good match today, apparently Cazorla played excellently too. Looking forward to watching it tonight. FT Arsenal 4-1 Reading.

He was superb today, his feet were on fire. Left foot right foot, absolute magic. To be honest I can't fault anyone, we tore Reading to shreds should have been more.

Good result for Spurs, I really, really hope they can get into Champions League next season. Elsewhere, did anyone see the Bundesliga results for today? Bayen Munich beat Hamburg 9-2. :awesome:

Good result for Spurs, I really, really hope they can get into Champions League next season. Elsewhere, did anyone see the Bundesliga results for today? Bayen Munich beat Hamburg 9-2. :awesome:

That's a crazy scoreline. Bayern are shit hot in the league...

Sunderland have sacked Martin O'Neill. It hasn't really worked out for him and Sunderland aren't playing good football or getting results. Probably works out best for all parties. It's a shame though that the knee jerk reaction to teams not getting points seems to be sacking the manager.

Lost 4-0 away to City....

Meh, figures.

They were just a better team, keep your chin up.

It's a shame though that the knee jerk reaction to teams not getting points seems to be sacking the manager.

I've been a fan of his for sometime, think he's a very good manager but it just hasn't worked out.

I don't agree with these sackings either. Paolo is his replacement and here are the words from their Chairman:

"The sole focus of everyone for the next seven games will be to ensure we gain enough points to maintain our top-flight status.

I think that the chances of that are greatly increased with Paolo joining us."

I just don't see that happening. I can't remember the last time Sunderland won a game, they're only a point from the bottom three and played a game more than Wigan, yet just by bringing in a new manager they think they can win points when they haven't won a single match in their last 6 or 7 games.

Late season sackings don't make sense to me, especially for clubs fighting relegation. Are they just looking for a "second wind"?

Few early April fools were going round suggesting Benitez had been sacked. My Chelsea-supporting friend tweeted that it wasn't funny because he'd believed it for a second and been excited. I know the team aren't doing well but I don't understand how the fans think hating him so much is going to suddenly make them better. Get rid of Terry and you're immediately in a better position.

Get rid of Terry and you're immediately in a better position.

Don't think that would make them better, but Terry is an average defender at best he has been overrated by the English media for years, especially under Mourinho.

This hating on Benitez shouldn't be happening, he's just an interim manager he'll be gone at the end of the season.

Don't think that would make them better, but Terry is an average defender at best he has been overrated by the English media for years, especially under Mourinho.

This hating on Benitez shouldn't be happening, he's just an interim manager he'll be gone at the end of the season.

The hating on Benitez was inevitable and was a bound to happen.

Players come and leave a club. Managers come and go, as do Chairman. The one true constant in football is the fans. The fans will stay with a club from the moment they are born, to the moment they die. The signing of Benitez pissed off a lot of Chelsea fans even before he got through the door. It was an un-winnable situation for everyone. Nobody has won, nobody has gained anything.

The problem I have with football is that there is very little loyalty these days. Take Alex McLeish. One moment he's managing Birmingham, and the next he's at Villa. You can't slag off a football club (like Benitez did with Chelsea) and expect to go there and everyone to start loving you. Fans can be fickle, but fans also harbour grudges and they won't forget easily. He's not exactly won fans over with the style of football and with results. I hold no sympathy for Benitez because he's naive if he thinks he could go there and change people's minds. He's not THAT good a manager to be able to do that.

I'm gutted he'll be out of Chelsea at the end of the Chelsea. A perfect clown manager for a joke of a football club.

Well I think the Relegation battle will get more interesting with Sunderlands new choice of manager

Paolo Di Canio appointed as Sunderland Boss

Look forward to Match of the Day a little more fondly now.

I'm bricking it lol.

MON had us sleepwalking into relegation. Seriously, he turned a half-bothered squad into a team of headless chickens. And I'm a massive MON fan.

At least PDC seems interested and full of ideas. Fun times ahead...

Sweet Monkey Tuesdays, is this the only place in the WORLD that isn't raving about David Beckham? I dropped Ine off to work this morning at 8 and talksport was on in the car. Raving about Beckham's performance (5/10 at the most, imo). I pick her up hours later, and they're STILL talking about the same shit. When did it get to the point where the country started over-rating him?

Also, watched the Madrid game, there were at least 2 fouls which were either equal to or worst than what Nani did (particularly the Ramos tackle of Drogba), and neither received anything. How's that consistent? Load of bollocks. Game was good, although I would have liked Galatasaray to have got an away goal and maybe lose 2-1, to make the second game more interesting. Can't see them doing it, it was always going to be hard for them.

Ramos and Alonso were definitely looking for bookings at the end of the match. This sort of stuff needs to be cracked down on.

This video is pretty interesting....

Awesome video! Would love to have a go in that job, I bet it's really interesting. :D

I wonder how far back their match statistics go. Do you think they go back and review recorded footage as well to add to their databases?

I wonder how far back their match statistics go. Do you think they go back and review recorded footage as well to add to their databases?

I reckon the majority of their stats and recorded footage will date back to the start of the Premier League era. They'll have stats and some footage before then, but it won't be as extensive and detailed as it has been for the last decade or so. These days they can tell you everything, I'm pretty sure nobody cared about George Best's pass completion percentage when he was playing.

Bricking it slightly for the game against Benfica tonight. Away to the top Portuguese side in the league, I read somewhere that only Barca have beaten them at home this season.

With that in mind, I'll go ahead and hope for a scoring draw at best. Just as long as we don't get absolutely thrashed and have some hope to take back to St James Park - I have tickets for that fixture. £15 for a european quarter final against Benfica! :) Newcastle are quite generous with their ticket prices these days.