NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Ah Phil Jones,

He certainly has some great facial expressions...

blog-giggs-phil-jones.jpg?w=610&h=457

pa-11987575.jpg

article-2306398-19332643000005DC-743_306x423.jpg

Dortmund through to the CL Semi finals. Hope they go further than Bayern!

Young's a great 'Fifa addition' to the team. Very useful on Fifa, seems to do little whenever I see him play these days. QPR is a full on Fifa team :heh:

What do you make of Van Persie's lack of form?

Young seems decent on paper, but he doesn't seem to do it in matches for us. You'd expect him to be whipping dangerous crosses and beating men in every game, but he's been a 6/10 player at best. I want him to do well, but all of our wingers have been terrible this season. Nani, Young and Valencia haven't cemented their places, so it's no wonder Welbeck gets put out there. It might be where his future lies.

As for Van Persie, he only seems to be getting one chance per game at the moment. We're not whipping in crosses for him to attack, not enough from the midfield to help him. The only player who seems to be supplementing the attack is Carrick. Not sure why Kagawa isn't playing more games because he's the right type of player who should be playing to create more chances for Van Persie.

Those Phil Jones pictures are amazing.

Also, yesterday's Champions League games were outstanding. I watched the Galatasaray match against Real Madrid and I was on my feet when their third goal went in. It's a shame that they weren't given a penalty in the first leg, because it would have made the final result even closer.

Dortmund's match against Malaga was breath-taking at times. Dortmund's first goal in particular was such a fantastic team goal. I'm happy that they're through.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

The German Football League is considering moving off-season from the summer to the winter in order to make best use of the weather.

Full story: Die Welt (German)

This has been mooted by the SPL before. I'm all for it. Why play in freezing cold winter when we could play through the Summer and not have any games postponed due to the weather? It just makes sense.

This has been mooted by the SPL before. I'm all for it. Why play in freezing cold winter when we could play through the Summer and not have any games postponed due to the weather? It just makes sense.

I'd be fine with that. Although, surely it would fuck things up when a World Cup/European Championship comes around?

Yeah, either everyone does it, or no one...

Presumably there must be countries that play their league in the (our) summer? What do they do during world championships?

Yeah, either everyone does it, or no one...

Presumably there must be countries that play their league in the (our) summer? What do they do during world championships?

The Russian's are in the middle of a transition from a Summer league to a Winter league.

I'd rather we didn't play in the summer.

• Christmas schedule is always a highlight.
  • Football getting in the way of my summer holiday plans, no thanks.
  • We rarely see enough fixtures postponed anyway.
  • If we're talking lower leagues, hard ground is just as bad if not worse for injury than soft/waterlogged pitches.

There's plenty to do during summer, I need football to get me through the cold depressing months of the winter.

WINTER IS COMING.

I would be against it, at least in England and Wales (stronger argument for Scotland). I wouldn't want the football and cricket seasons to overlap any more than they do already. And at a grass roots level at least, I know many people who play both football and cricket on Saturdays.

I would be against it, at least in England and Wales (stronger argument for Scotland). I wouldn't want the football and cricket seasons to overlap any more than they do already. And at a grass roots level at least, I know many people who play both football and cricket on Saturdays.

You're right. Cricket already struggles for attendances when both are on.

You're right. Cricket already struggles for attendances when both are on.

That's because cricket is rubbish....

Well Bayern and Barcelona have joined Real Madrid and Borrusia Dortmund in the semi finals.

Juve 0-2 Bayern (0-4 AGG)

Barcelona 1-1 PSG (3-3 AGG)(Barca go through on away goals)

We have just sacked our manager.

Oh well. He had a wednesday tattoo anyway.

That's because cricket is rubbish....

Whilst that is true, doesn't justify trashing the sport just so we can avoid a few cold afternoons.

Looks like the 4 best teams finally made it through to the semi finals all in one tournament. No clear favourites either as far as I can tell, though maybe Dortmund have the honour of being the year's underdogs. Maybe.

Indeed the 4 teams through are all incredibly strong. as @ipaul said Dortmund probably slight underdogs, but getting results against Real Madrid in group stages, and seeing how they performed against Galatasary and how Barca performed against PSG, Dortmund should feel optimistic.

I personally would rather Dortmund win it over Madrid, Barca & Bayern.

Hawk-Eye has been awarded the contract for Goal Line Technology in the EPL. Great news that they used a British provider of the system.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22107409

That's a good start.

Now they need a system to spot offsides.

Also, fuuuck, how is Adebayor still playing for a top team? Even before his penalty mistake, he was/is awful. I've never really liked him.

Chelsea lost 3-2 on the night but go through to the semi finals, Tottenham go out via penalties and Newcastle Knocked out by Basel. Well I think my predictions were all accurate.

Chelsea lost 3-2 on the night but go through to the semi finals, Tottenham go out via penalties and Newcastle Knocked out by Basel BENFICA. Well I think my predictions were all accurate.

Lol typo :heh:

I was at the Newcastle-Benfica match earlier tonight. The atmosphere was absolutely electric between our goal and theirs. 4-2 on agg makes it sound like they had a comfortable victory, but it was anything but. At 1-0 we were really threatening their goal and just might have progressed had our late shots been a little more accurate. Doesn't hurt to say that overall Benfica deserved to go through out of the two teams, and it's been a very nice, proud venture back into European football for Newcastle United.

Edited by ipaul

That's a good start.

Now they need a system to spot offsides.

Also, fuuuck, how is Adebayor still playing for a top team? Even before his penalty mistake, he was/is awful. I've never really liked him.

He's fucking dreadful. Last couple of weeks I thought maybe he was finding a bit of form, holding up play a bit and scoring a couple of important goals but, urgh... we'd probably already lost that shootout after the save from the huddleston penalty but still, no idea what he was playing at.

Really think our season could be significantly better had we signed a striker.

On the upside, really exciting game, and we've still got a shot at top 4 in the league...

He's fucking dreadful. Last couple of weeks I thought maybe he was finding a bit of form, holding up play a bit and scoring a couple of important goals but, urgh... we'd probably already lost that shootout after the save from the huddleston penalty but still, no idea what he was playing at.

He's blatantly been playing shit since he got a contract. Wouldn't be surprised if he's sold on in the near future.

Champions League Semi-Finals

Bayern Munich vs. Barcelona

Borussia Dortmund vs. Real Madrid

Best outcome, imo. I can't wait. Hopefully an all German final!

So there is the possibility of an all Spain or all German Final. Regardless these games will be really great.

I think I'd like to see a Real Madrid v Bayern Munich final :smile: I don't want Barcelona anywhere near it..