NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

I can't decide whether Barca have been brilliant or as you say it's poor defending. That first goal was sublime though.

I'm off to Munich tomorrow, I'd trade a kidney for us to play as well as Barca are.

It's both. Barca have come out and know that they will probably need to score 4 goals, and AC have left too many gaps open defensively. They should be 4 or 5-nil down by the way they've been defending against this Barca team. They've not been tight enough. Really surprises me.

479885_10151498006647766_1474015445_n.jpg

Seconds before the opening goal... Think that AC players had been told to keep an eye on him?

It's not funny at all. He's just that good.

Looking forward to the game tonight. Come on Arsenal, give us an inspirational performance.

Play your best is all I ask.

1-0 to Arsenal! Great start! Let's build on this.

Fair dos to Arsenal, whatever happens they've made a good fight of it. 2-0 now

I really thought they were going to do it.... never mind.

Always have thought the away goals rule is a load of crap. Puts different values on goals which should be treated as equal, whenever they were scored in the tie. Especially when it goes to extra time in a second leg and they judge away goals to count after extra time, even though one side have had 30 more minutes of "away time" to score.

In my twisted mind, I say we should have gone through for keeping a clean sheet in one leg, whereas Bayern conceded in both legs :p

Still, I thought we did great tonight. I don't think anyone else has beat Bayern at home this season. So so close. Ref was absolute shit, but really, we had made it tough for ourselves from the first leg, so no excuses.

Atmosphere sounded cracking, hope you had a good one @Ramar.

Oh, and Koscielny/Mertesacker needs to be our first choice centre back pairing. Make Vermaelen fight for his place back.

Unlucky, Arsenal. I watched most of the first half but had to leave. Getting that early goal was vital. Would have been spectacular if Arsenal had managed to get that final goal. That third goal in the first leg made things too difficult.

Always have thought the away goals rule is a load of crap. Puts different values on goals which should be treated as equal, whenever they were scored in the tie. Especially when it goes to extra time in a second leg and they judge away goals to count after extra time, even though one side have had 30 more minutes of "away time" to score.

In my twisted mind, I say we should have gone through for keeping a clean sheet in one leg, whereas Bayern conceded in both legs :p

Whilst the away goal rule does need looking at (the point you made about the away team in the second leg having more time, for example), it is a necessary evil, unfortunately. You would have teams going to difficult places and shutting up shop, hoping to get a 0-0 loss, then trying to take it back to their place and trying to win it there. The away goal gives the away team a greater incentive to go out and attack away from home. I know that it is flawed, though and going out on away goals is a bit of a shit way to be out of a competition.

@Fierce_LiNk See you could twist it the other way and say that it makes home teams too defensive, knowing that if they concede a goal at home, it will be their downfall, so then if they nick a goal away, it's worth more than any goal they would have scored at home. As you say, it is flawed. Surely we could just do away with the rule and go to extra time if the ties are level?

This is the pinnacle level of the sport, both teams should be aiming to score in both the home and away ties. It just breeds negativity, in my opinion. It's not like we have a minnow trying to close out a big side in the away leg, hoping to take them back to their shit ground and steal an unlikely win. These are the best teams in the world, and I think that if they are level after 180 mins, it should go to extra time, regardless of when and where the goals were scored.

@Fierce_LiNk See you could twist it the other way and say that it makes home teams too defensive, knowing that if they concede a goal at home, it will be their downfall, so then if they nick a goal away, it's worth more than any goal they would have scored at home. As you say, it is flawed. Surely we could just do away with the rule and go to extra time if the ties are level?

This is the pinnacle level of the sport, both teams should be aiming to score in both the home and away ties. It just breeds negativity, in my opinion. It's not like we have a minnow trying to close out a big side in the away leg, hoping to take them back to their shit ground and steal an unlikely win. These are the best teams in the world, and I think that if they are level after 180 mins, it should go to extra time, regardless of when and where the goals were scored.

You could argue and say many things about it. I agree, it's a flawed system. I wouldn't mind it being scrapped, but I equally understand why it's there. It is supposedly easier to score goals at your home ground, what with the majority of the crowd being on your side and all, so I'm not sure it would lead to many teams playing defensive at home. (unless they already had a massive advantage after the first leg, like Bayern)

Proud of the lads tonight, really gave it a shot when no one thought we had a chance. Had an amazing time in Munich and at the game. I'll post some pics and hopefully videos later on today some time, need to sleep now.

If it goes in to extra the the home side of the second leg gets an extra 30 minutes at home. Surely that's also unfair...

An extra 30 mins at home isn't worth more than any goals by the other side being worth double.

I think home advantage is overstated.

I think that perhaps the away goals rule helps tiny little teams who have to travel large distances, and then have barely any support when they get there.

On the whole though, i think it is an unfair rule which does the opposite of what it tries to do.

It's supposed to prevent teams from locking up and attempting 0 - 0 draws, but in actual fact it just encourages them, but on the home fixture instead.

As promised a few pics.

417405_10151493889153630_1253933857_n.jpg

386182_10151493896003630_848697781_n.jpg

[i wish they were both mine]

392800_10151493895958630_173211753_n.jpg

576131_10151493897578630_725768103_n.jpg

And a short video:

I remember seeing the Allianz Arena at night lit up in blue and white when i went skiing in High School. Absolutely stunning stadium.

I've never been anywhere like it, the turnstiles are at the massive gates surrounding the ground. You can go in any of them and there is no separation between home and away fans on the concourse or areas surrounding the ground. With all that I didn't see one spot of trouble.

Why are you not more......ramar-y Ramar?

|

|

|

Tottenham did well. Well no, they did terribly, but they got through, and that's the main thing.

I laughed at Spurs going through on away goals, after we were having a discussion on here about it. Away goals in extra time is a bit shit, tbh.

Spurs sure made progression difficult, a 3-0 demolition at home and then sneaking through on the away goals rule after a 4-1 defeat. I wonder if Adebayors goal makes up for his shit season.

Tonight shows why away goals in extra time are a load of bollocks. Totally unfair that, because Spurs were given an extra 30 mins to score an away goal, that if they did that Inter had to score two to win. Dunno how the authorities can justify it.

Tonight shows why away goals in extra time are a load of bollocks. Totally unfair that, because Spurs were given an extra 30 mins to score an away goal, that if they did that Inter had to score two to win. Dunno how the authorities can justify it.

Yeah, away goals shouldn't really matter after extra-time. The match has pretty much gone into sudden death at that point.

I miss golden goal.

Yeah, away goals shouldn't really matter after extra-time. The match has pretty much gone into sudden death at that point.

I miss golden goal.

Golden goal was brilliant. I have fond memories of it on the World Cup 98 N64 game.

Or they could even just bring back the silver goal, where you've got until half time of extra time to bring it level if the other side scores.