NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Villa are out of the relegation zone with help from this goal of the season contender from the right back Lowton:

Lowton_Goal_1.gif

Well as for Arsenal, we somehow survived that late surge from West Brom after Mertesacker saw red and gave away the penalty, we were cruising up till that point thanks to a rare Rosicky double. West Brom should have taken all 3 points mind after having 3 clear goalscoring opportunities and missing with all of them.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Literally died of a heart failure after watching that. Massive 3 points.

Completely forgot about football today, somehow.

More bad results for Newcastle and my fantasy team did crap again :heh:

This game against Fulham is shaping up to be massive...

my fantasy team did crap again :heh:

I thought the same about mine, but then i realised that only two of my players played yesterday. Hopefully today will be better!

Draws for Liverpool and Spurs. Chelsea have come from a goal down at Sunderland to lead 2-1 and QPR are down to 10 men against Wigan.

Draws for Liverpool and Spurs. Chelsea have come from a goal down at Sunderland to lead 2-1 and QPR are down to 10 men against Wigan.

Hey you missed out the most important result! :heh:

Massive win for us against Fulham. We dominated the vast majority of the match and should have had a penalty for a really blatant handball off the line, but thankfully it didn't matter as Cisse again decided to leave it to the 93rd minute to score. Most I've celebrated a goal in quite some time that.

Also, Sunderland lost! Thank goodness. The biggest of derby games next week now...

I'll take today's results. The hunt is now well and truly on.

Hey you missed out the most important result! :heh:

Oops, that I did, I guess it was easier to remember them when they were challenging for European qualification. :p

I'll take today's results. The hunt is now well and truly on.

Arsenal should get 4th now. Spurs are blowing it. Although, I'd love it if Everton came in and beat you both to it. It won't happen now, a few bad results have put them out of it.

Tragic how most people predicted Arsenal would finish outside the top 5 a few weeks ago and Spurs were the second coming (again). A few sensible people (myself included) did point out we'll still finish in the top 4, most likely above the filth. I absolutely still stand by this happening.

All most every March time we get a few bad results and the media says the club is in free fall, only for us to finish strongly. Goes without saying that the almost annual dip in form is eradicated but it's pretty comical how many so called 'people of the game' write off Wenger after a few defeats. We may not be the team we once were, but we're still a club to be reckoned with.

Oops, that I did, I guess it was easier to remember them when they were challenging for European qualification. :p

Pfffft...

What's not memorable about being in a relegation battle? :heh:

Tragic how most people predicted Arsenal would finish outside the top 5 a few weeks ago and Spurs were the second coming (again). A few sensible people (myself included) did point out we'll still finish in the top 4, most likely above the filth. I absolutely still stand by this happening.

All most every March time we get a few bad results and the media says the club is in free fall, only for us to finish strongly. Goes without saying that the almost annual dip in form is eradicated but it's pretty comical how many so called 'people of the game' write off Wenger after a few defeats. We may not be the team we once were, but we're still a club to be reckoned with.

I really want Arsenal to get top 4 over Spurs. Shouldn't really have a preference but I just think the longer it goes on (Arsenal guaranteed CL football, above Spurs) the funnier it becomes. Plus cocky Spurs fans are irritating.

Pfffft...

What's not memorable about being in a relegation battle? :heh:

I don't think Newcastle are really in the relegation battle, you'll definitely survive.

I don't think Newcastle are really in the relegation battle, you'll definitely survive.

Ah well we look alright now but had we lost today and Sunderland had won (which they were at one point) it would've been quite a different story.

For now though we're rocking the heady heights of 13th place, woo!

Literally died of a heart failure after watching that. Massive 3 points.

You and me both.

Being an Arsenal fan is definitely thrilling, but it's not good for your health.

Derrrrrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbby Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!

1356540814721.gif

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Glad I'm working tonight, I'd rather watch the Tyne Wear Derby.

I'm fairly certain Man U are going to win tonight, which is bad news because the level of smugness among Man U fans is going to increase by 300% (present occupants of this thread excepted i'm sure).

Still, i've still got a bet on Man U winning the league, so i'll personally have smug levels of over 9000.

Glad I'm working tonight, I'd rather watch the Tyne Wear Derby.

Come on now. :p

Last season, there was the 6-1 game in City's favour. I hated it, but it must have been great for the neutral. There was the FA Cup game. The 3-2 from earlier this season with Van Persie's winner. The epic games in the League Cup. The 4-3 with Michael Owen's winner. In recent years, the derby games have been getting better. They went through a period where they went a bit flat, but City spending millions has at least made the derbies even more interesting, for many different reasons.

I'm fairly certain Man U are going to win tonight, which is bad news because the level of smugness among Man U fans is going to increase by 300% (present occupants of this thread excepted i'm sure).

Still, i've still got a bet on Man U winning the league, so i'll personally have smug levels of over 9000.

The majority of United fans I know keep it low key. It's the Liverpool, Leeds and Spurs fans who need a smack in the mouth. :p (particularly the Leeds lot)

It's only become relevant for the majority of Man Utd fans and Sky Sports since Man City got rich.

Is it even in the top 5 derbies in the country? Probably not.

It's only become relevant for the majority of Man Utd fans and Sky Sports since Man City got rich.

Is it even in the top 5 derbies in the country? Probably not.

No way. Even as a kid growing up, this was one of the biggest games of our season. (Liverpool were the other huuuge one to me) Sure, the two clubs have had different fortunes over the past few decades, but it's similar to how most Man Utd and Leeds Utd fans get hyped for their games together, despite being in different leagues. Yes, City getting rich has added another dimension to it, but even then its still a huge fixture for both teams.

One of my earliest memories is that Andrei Kanchelskis hat-trick. :love:

Anyway, we weren't great yesterday and haven't really played any good football since the Champions League exit. I don't agree with putting Giggs in central midfield and we didn't control that battle there. The likes of Toure, Silva and Milner had free reign for most of the night.

Also, I'm still not sure how I feel about Ashley Young. Aside from his opening few good months, he's not really turned it on since. He didn't do an awful lot yesterday. Our best winger this season has been Danny Welbeck, which isn't good when you've got the likes of Nani, Young, Valencia and Kagawa (who can play there) available. Can't really say that City didn't deserve it, but I was expecting a better performance than that. Almost no service from the midfield to the strikers.

I think a derby that gives an average of 4 goals a game in recent years is well worth it to a neutral. I'd much rather have a derby with lots of goals than one with an amazing atmosphere and craploads of fighting.

No way. Even as a kid growing up, this was one of the biggest games of our season. (Liverpool were the other huuuge one to me) Sure, the two clubs have had different fortunes over the past few decades, but it's similar to how most Man Utd and Leeds Utd fans get hyped for their games together, despite being in different leagues. Yes, City getting rich has added another dimension to it, but even then its still a huge fixture for both teams.

One of my earliest memories is that Andrei Kanchelskis hat-trick. :love:

Anyway, we weren't great yesterday and haven't really played any good football since the Champions League exit. I don't agree with putting Giggs in central midfield and we didn't control that battle there. The likes of Toure, Silva and Milner had free reign for most of the night.

Also, I'm still not sure how I feel about Ashley Young. Aside from his opening few good months, he's not really turned it on since. He didn't do an awful lot yesterday. Our best winger this season has been Danny Welbeck, which isn't good when you've got the likes of Nani, Young, Valencia and Kagawa (who can play there) available. Can't really say that City didn't deserve it, but I was expecting a better performance than that. Almost no service from the midfield to the strikers.

Young's a great 'Fifa addition' to the team. Very useful on Fifa, seems to do little whenever I see him play these days. QPR is a full on Fifa team :heh:

What do you make of Van Persie's lack of form?