NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Golden goal and silver goal were both shite. Either full 30 mins extra time or none.

With golden goal it would always likely go to penalties. No team wanted to take the risk and go try score a goal when they could leave themselves open to a counter.

Missed the match because I was out but, another last minute Cisse goal and Newcastle are through to the quarter finals of the europa league!

Papiss+Cisse+celebrates+his+goal+for+Newcastle

HOWAY THE LADS!

Where was the red card on wed night night for Martinez then?

Consistency. That is all.

Where was the red card on wed night night for Martinez then?

Consistency. That is all.

Didn't go in with his studs though.

All three English clubs manage to avoid each other in the quarter finals of the Europa League. Not sure it matters though, as i doubt any of them will get through...Chelsea will do a Chelsea, and it doesn't help that Rubin are about 1000 miles away for the away fixture. Basel are a good team, and i don't think Tottenham will beat them. And i really don't think Newcastle have much of a chance against Benfica, unless they suddenly gain their previous good form which they seem to have lost a bit...

Champions League seems to have split the Spanish/German sides nicely too, but i have no idea how those quarter finals will go (not that i know the Europa ones, i just feel those are easier to predict....)

I can see Chelsea making the semi's, Spurs could go either way and Newcastle will go out. That's my Europa League prediction.

10 man Everton embarrassed Manchester City earlier, a Manchester United win and it would take a monumental collapse to lose the title from that position.

EDIT: Revenge for the defeat at the Emirates, Monreal and Gervinho with the goals. We're hunting you back down Spurs.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Important win today. Didn't play great, first half we were average, second half better. When you're in the hunt like we are you've got to dig out wins anyway so I'm happy.

A bit of a scrappy game, but important 3 points. City's loss surely puts it too far beyond their reach.

Hard to believe it's been a year to the day since Fab's heart attack at Spurs.

_59279896_mmftbbolblamuambatribute.jpg

Wow time flies. Didn't he recently announce he's going to be a dad again? What a crazy year he has hand, shame he's not playing any more but at least he's turned it into a positive.

Fuuuucking ssppuuurrsss.

I want to at least be smug and tell Dazzy that I was right about him calling our season a success being way to early but I can't muster the energy. Shocking week.

Why's Holtby not getting any time at all? Gotta be at least getting him on as a sub when we're a goal down.

Adebayor is rubbish, news to noone.

Fuuuucking ssppuuurrsss.

I want to at least be smug and tell Dazzy that I was right about him calling our season a success being way to early but I can't muster the energy. Shocking week.

Why's Holtby not getting any time at all? Gotta be at least getting him on as a sub when we're a goal down.

Adebayor is rubbish, news to noone.

You want to be smug? Oh yeah, what a fucking fan you are! Fans like you make me sick! Negative negative negative, soak in the glory and then say "I told you so" whenever there's a slip up

You want to be smug? Oh yeah, what a fucking fan you are! Fans like you make me sick! Negative negative negative, soak in the glory and then say "I told you so" whenever there's a slip up

Erm. He's simply calling you out on your view that Spurs had it wrapped up. He wasn't being negative, he's just going by what they've done for the past 16 years.

Was a joke mate, chill out.

I think we can still get 4th, I just think it's pretty stupid to blindly say that we've got 4th all sewn up and the gooners are out of the race, as that was plainly never going to be the case - it was always going to be tight for fourth.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging that we don't have a perfect team thats going to win every game. The fact is that we've looked pretty average going forward for a while now, with the exceptions of Bale's moments of brilliance. It's not being negative it's being realistic, jesus.

edit: and I'm pointing out that we really, really should have bought a stirker in January, which everyone was saying at the time.

I hate that everyone who supports a football team automatically has to have ridiculous biased views, stupid expectations, and that if they have a realistic / balanced opinion on their team they're automatically a 'bad fan'. It's bullshit.

Edited by dan-likes-trees

There seems to be lots of ire towards Mcmanaman's tackle against Newcastle, but to me it seemed like he went to kick at the ball and missed. It was dangerous i suppose to go swinging in like that, but i think it was an accident...

ibv9HssaFixQeJ.gif

Was a joke mate, chill out.

I think we can still get 4th, I just think it's pretty stupid to blindly say that we've got 4th all sewn up and the gooners are out of the race, as that was plainly never going to be the case - it was always going to be tight for fourth.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging that we don't have a perfect team thats going to win every game. The fact is that we've looked pretty average going forward for a while now, with the exceptions of Bale's moments of brilliance. It's not being negative it's being realistic, jesus.

edit: and I'm pointing out that we really, really should have bought a stirker in January, which everyone was saying at the time.

I hate that everyone who supports a football team automatically has to have ridiculous biased views, stupid expectations, and that if they have a realistic / balanced opinion on their team they're automatically a 'bad fan'. It's bullshit.

Our transfer windows are coming in full force, we simply have no replcacements on the wing and awful strikers. Lennon been out for 3 games, 3 losses.

I love AVB but he's got the last two games disastrously wrong. Glad there's a break, get some rest in. Sort it out and hopefully come back strong; we have some tough fixtures though. Still think we'll do it, but boy do we seem to make it insanely difficult.

Don't want 3 capitulations in a row!!

There seems to be lots of ire towards Mcmanaman's tackle against Newcastle, but to me it seemed like he went to kick at the ball and missed. It was dangerous i suppose to go swinging in like that, but i think it was an accident...

ibv9HssaFixQeJ.gif

I'm sorry, that is a disgusting tackle, he may have just been going for the ball and misjudged it, but if he misjudged it that badly he shouldn't be playing in the premiership. Awful tackle!

That's an absolute horror challenge. I'm sure he didn't mean it, but it's still disgracefully bad.

Surprised the guy's leg wasn't broken!

Taken over third again and with a game in hand. Hopefully can get clear of the scrap between Spurs and Arsenal to keep hold of third now!

Hazard was a star today, been getting back to form recently which is good to hear.

He has two feet off the ground at the point of impact and is out of control lunging in. No matter whether he meant it or not that is a straight red card all day long, the ref isn't in the best position to see it and they never get the replays armchair fans have so lets not give the ref too much stick. The linesman should be helping out with decisions like that.

So Wigan should have been down to 10 while there was handling on their part just before the winner. We weren't great but I feel like we've been had, we should have had a draw there. That said, the lack of creativity in the team was palpable without Cabaye/Ben Arfa/Debuchy. Cisse needs to learn how to beat offside traps as well.

So Wigan should have been down to 10 while there was handling on their part just before the winner. We weren't great but I feel like we've been had, we should have had a draw there. That said, the lack of creativity in the team was palpable without Cabaye/Ben Arfa/Debuchy. Cisse needs to learn how to beat offside traps as well.

He could also do with learning not to be a glory hog. The amount of times he shot when he'd have done better to find a better option.

Also Hoolahan could do with not being a goal stealing knob, Kamara's header was going in anyway and he nods it on the goal line. Twat.