NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

There is some sort of parallel between the San Marino match and you playing football against some school children.... but I can't make it...

:laughing:

I don't usually score goals, I prefer playing in defence. I just saw the ball in the air and thought "right, that's mine, and hit it." Usually it would have flown over the field and out onto the road. :p

:laughing:

I don't usually score goals, I prefer playing in defence. I just saw the ball in the air and thought "right, that's mine, and hit it." Usually it would have flown over the field and out onto the road. :p

It's class when things like that happen. Especially when it makes you look like you're absolutely amazing.

Just make sure you never kick another ball again in front of them to keep your reputation intact.

It's class when things like that happen. Especially when it makes you look like you're absolutely amazing.

Just make sure you never kick another ball again in front of them to keep your reputation intact.

I've already fucked up there. Tried doing the same thing two minutes later, from roughly the same location, and ended up slicing it/barely touching it.

Bloody hell, 2-1 up and then tossed it away right at the end of the game to draw 2-2 :mad:

Cannot understand why Trap ALWAYS makes the team try to sit back on a 1 goal lead. All it does is give the other team the ball and put your own defence under pressure and eventually the other team will break as has happened tonight when Sweden were all over us for the last 20mins of the game and were allowed to be all over us.

We needed a win tonight to really keep alive a chance of taking 2nd place and the playoffs.

Granted we are now level on 8 points with both Austria and Sweden but Sweden have a game in hand too!

It is still "mathmatically" possible I guess but we're now having to hope Sweden and Austria draw with each other and drop points (mainly Sweden) to either or both Faroe Islands and Kazakstan which seems highly unlikely.

We needed at least 4 points from the last 2 games came away with 2 points, that's just not good enough. Feel so bloody deflated....yet again :( *sigh*

To anyone complaining about their national side.

Take solace in the fact your national side isn't Scotland.

lrIpVRq.gif

FFS Suarez, stop being a cunt.

Earth: please stop turning. Gravity: please stop working. Trees: we beg you to cease growing...

...all these things are far more likely than Luis Suarez ceasing and desisting his c*ntishness.

I think Diaby's race is run, he's gotten another serious injury during training and will be out for 8-9 months. No denying if he could stay injury free he could be an important player, but he's just too frail.

So what does everyone think about the Rio and Anton chanting? Racist?

Sure it was a bit of an overreaction but I don't see how they believe it was racist. Rio shouldn't have been such a dick and said he had a pre-planned programme only to go and commentate for Al Jazeera! He said it was what he did last time, but he didn't get picked last time :p

So what does everyone think about the Rio and Anton chanting? Racist?

Sure it was a bit of an overreaction but I don't see how they believe it was racist. Rio shouldn't have been such a dick and said he had a pre-planned programme only to go and commentate for Al Jazeera! He said it was what he did last time, but he didn't get picked last time :p

I don't think Rio himself has said that he thought the chanting itself was racist. It's Fare (the group) who seem to be claiming it and it doesn't sound like there's any merit to their claims.

As for the Rio situation, both he and Hodgeson have mismanaged the whole thing. The entire situation can be traced back to Rio not being chosen for "footballing reasons" in the past whilst Captain Racist John Terry (lol) seemed to be Hodgeson's preference. It was pretty obvious that Rio wouldn't fancy playing for England again after that whole affair.

As great as Rio has been for United this season, it's time that certain players stepped aside and allowed the youth to have a go at establishing themselves. Gerrard is included in that bracket too, imo. As is Terry and possibly Ashley Cole.

Well Terry has retired from international football anyway :p

I know it all started from that, but Rio likes the attention and knew he'd get it by refusing to join England again and then going off to commentate for MONEY.

Well Terry has retired from international football anyway :p

I know it all started from that, but Rio likes the attention and knew he'd get it by refusing to join England again and then going off to commentate for MONEY.

Yeah, but it's at that stage with England where the "oldies" should be looking to call it a day and the youngsters can try to make a difference. The whole style of football needs to change. Hodgeson clearly isn't the right man for the job either, they don't play the right kind or enough fluid football. I know it's preferred for the manager to be English, but someone like Rijkaard would be fantastic for England.

Personally, I think a right meal has been made of this situation. No doubt the media have helped to stir things up and make it into a bigger deal than it probably is. Rio's had well documented issues with his back for years now and it's quite common for players to have specific routines and regimes to enable them to keep playing/keep themselves fit, especially as they get older. (Giggs is a good but less extreme example of this) The whole situation just shows that there was little communication between Hodgeson and Rio prior to his call-up, which is very worrying, imo.

Also, as Rio wasn't in the squad (for whatever reason), why does it matter where he was or what he was doing? It's a bit like slagging off Michael Owen for making television appearances and asking him to go home and work on his fitness instead. What's he expected to do, sit at home?

Anyway, the whole situation has turned out rather convenient for Roy and has allowed most of his misgivings for the Montenegro match to go about almost unnoticed.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Why should our captain, and probably our best player, step aside for some youngster? Do we even have any really promising young CMs?

Why should our captain, and probably our best player, step aside for some youngster? Do we even have any really promising young CMs?

Because now England need to be starting to think about beyond the next competition. It's about building a team that can go into the next 2,3 and 4 competitions and play a particular style of football together. It's what Germany did before the last World Cup and they did really well. We need to be emulating what they're doing.

Gerrard has one last competition in him, but it's all about looking forward. Whatever happens, Wilshere should definitely be in the starting 11 when available, Barry shouldn't. Too static. At the moment, the style of football that England play is too slow, particular in midfield and this is why that they have found it hard to break down certain teams. It's not just the choice of players, the style of football needs to improve.

I'd say Wilshere is a starter anyway. It's hard to compare us to Germany, as their young players are brilliant. We don't have players with their ability.

I'd say Wilshere is a starter anyway. It's hard to compare us to Germany, as their young players are brilliant. We don't have players with their ability.

We have some, but that's where we need to be looking to improve things. It would also benefit the league, it's done wonders for the German league in recent times, as well as those players who have left Germany to play in other leagues. (something which is becoming increasingly uncommon for English players to do)

Definitely room for improvement. At the moment, we aren't anywhere near justifying our world ranking.

Yeah, but it's at that stage with England where the "oldies" should be looking to call it a day and the youngsters can try to make a difference. The whole style of football needs to change. Hodgeson clearly isn't the right man for the job either, they don't play the right kind or enough fluid football. I know it's preferred for the manager to be English, but someone like Rijkaard would be fantastic for England.

Personally, I think a right meal has been made of this situation. No doubt the media have helped to stir things up and make it into a bigger deal than it probably is. Rio's had well documented issues with his back for years now and it's quite common for players to have specific routines and regimes to enable them to keep playing/keep themselves fit, especially as they get older. (Giggs is a good but less extreme example of this) The whole situation just shows that there was little communication between Hodgeson and Rio prior to his call-up, which is very worrying, imo.

Also, as Rio wasn't in the squad (for whatever reason), why does it matter where he was or what he was doing? It's a bit like slagging off Michael Owen for making television appearances and asking him to go home and work on his fitness instead. What's he expected to do, sit at home?

Anyway, the whole situation has turned out rather convenient for Roy and has allowed most of his misgivings for the Montenegro match to go about almost unnoticed.

Surely travelling all the way to Dubai isn't part of a specific training programme?

Surely travelling all the way to Dubai isn't part of a specific training programme?

I don't know, but I do know there was something said about him having a particular person that he went to. A lot of sports stars have specific people that they go to in order to keep themselves conditioned. (some are quite funny about it) Don't know what exactly his schedule is. Either way, the whole situation has clearly been mismanaged by Rio and Roy, it's definitely been blown out of proportion, too. Like I said, it's come at a convenient time when England haven't been all that convincing in qualification.

It's also worth noting that he isn't in the squad for today's game. We've got a strong team out today. Sunderland haven't played good football this season and I wouldn't put it past them being relegated.

Yeah I noticed he wasn't playing today, think there would be OUTRAGE if he did play!

Sunderland giving it a good go so far. Going to be an enjoyable match I hope.

Fuh-king Benitez.

Seriously, how many points do you think a trio of Chelsea players Mata, Hazard and Ba should get in a Fantasy Football between them? Maybe 70? Benitez is a fucking idiot. Benches all three for the whole game, only to bring Hazard on to get me one fucking point.

I'm not playing Fantasy Football anymore - the world doesn't want me to do well at it.

Seemed that Arsenal had a really good match today, apparently Cazorla played excellently too. Looking forward to watching it tonight. FT Arsenal 4-1 Reading.

He's the craziest bastard I've ever seen.

You say crazy, but he'snot. He's just the biggest cunt in football. Why can't you just admit it - yes he is a cunt, the most detestabe player on the planet. But he plays for my team and he's very good.

The sooner that little fucking rat leaves the premiership the better; he sours my day just looking at ugly goofy little face!!

On another note - GET IN SPURS!!! We needed to turn it around after 3 defeats and did it!!! Looking tasty for 3rd and 4th now. Chelsea could easily bottle it again! I hate admitting it, but would love Chelsea finishing 5th!!

Edited by dazzybee

You say crazy, but he'snot. He's just the biggest cunt in football. Why can't you just admit it - yes he is a cunt, the most detestabe player on the planet. But he plays for my team and he's very good.

The sooner that little fucking rat leaves the premiership the better; he sours my day just looking at ugly goofy little face!!

On another note - GET IN SPURS!!! We needed to turn it around after 3 defeats and did it!!! Looking tasty for 3rd and 4th now. Chelsea could easily bottle it again! I hate admitting it, but would love Chelsea finishing 5th!!

Insulting his appearance? Mature.

There's absolutely no way to defend that otherwise I would have. I can see 100% why people hate him.

He knows himself he's an absolute wanker on the pitch, surely. It's funny, because he's such a nice person off the pitch, but he admits himself he turns into a totally different person on the field.

Ofcourse you'd love to see him leave the Premiership, just so you didn't have to play him. ;)