NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

If Arsenal had a Vincent Kompany or dare I say it, a Michael Dawson commanding the back line we'd not concede these sloppy goals. It should be top of the Summer transfer shopping list for definate. But let's not forget when we won last season we were seven points behind after the derby and still managed to claw it back. Spurs have the harder fixture list. Always an optimist.

Oh, and why the fuck did we take Jenkinson off?

Our best player today by far. Doesn't make sense to take off the right back, the only person who was making decent crosses, and make Ramsey play there. Ridiculous.

BOOM BOOM BOOM! Told you it was different this year! Bradford, Blackburn, Bayern and Bale! What a glorious season for the goons! We missed a few sitters too!

The tide has turned, enjoy the Europa!

I said giroud and podolski were average, anyone willing to agree with me yet?

Dawson and Vertonghen were both outstanding in this game. Arsenal had very few chances at all.

In truth, the match didn't live up to the hype, but it's not about the that. The result is significant. Arsenal are 24 points off top spot. If that doesn't alarm Arsenal fans, nothing will. Even if they do get fourth, something needs to change because it isn't working.

If Spurs go out in the summer and buy 2 quality strikers, and some cover for the midfield, they will cement their top four position. There's still some tough games to come for them.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Arsenal are 24 points off top spot. If that doesn't alarm Arsenal fans, nothing will.

That is more than alarming, it's not the first time we've been so far off the pace as well. It's happening more frequently as seasons go by.

People keep saying that it's another year that Arsenal go trophy-less, but to me they've not been in contention for the most part.

There needs to be some big changes at the club. If Arsenal do finish outside the Top 4, they will be forced to make those big changes, but this should be a long-term well thought-out strategy to turn the club around and start challenging for silverware again.

That is more than alarming, it's not the first time we've been so far off the pace as well. It's happening more frequently as seasons go by.

People keep saying that it's another year that Arsenal go trophy-less, but to me they've not been in contention for the most part.

There needs to be some big changes at the club. If Arsenal do finish outside the Top 4, they will be forced to make those big changes, but this should be a long-term well thought-out strategy to turn the club around and start challenging for silverware again.

I think it's Wenger's philosophy that needs to change first. If he wants to stay at the club, he needs to change his ways. He hasn't adapted to the game as it's changed and hasn't done much to react/prepare against the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and City's rise up the table. Selling Van Persie to us as well was also a huge mistake.

Spurs have got plenty of time to mess things up though and bail Arsenal out. Wouldn't rule out them finishing 5th.

It's worth noting that we were 7 points behind Spurs at this point last year. I think it's actually the fact we're 24 points behind United that's the worse indicator of where we are as a team right now.

It's worth noting that we were 7 points behind Spurs at this point last year. I think it's actually the fact we're 24 points behind United that's the worse indicator of where we are as a team right now.

Pretty much. Spurs have also changed manager, sold Modric and are still adapting the squad to how AVB wants them to play. Both teams are in transition. In fact, all of this talk about Arsenal being in transition and that being the reason for them not winning things is a bit horseshit. Chelsea have been under transition for the last few years, too. As have the likes of City.

I think it's Wenger's philosophy that needs to change first. If he wants to stay at the club, he needs to change his ways. He hasn't adapted to the game as it's changed and hasn't done much to react/prepare against the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and City's rise up the table. Selling Van Persie to us as well was also a huge mistake.

Spurs have got plenty of time to mess things up though and bail Arsenal out. Wouldn't rule out them finishing 5th.

What was he supposed to do with van Persie? you can't make a player sign a new contract. It was Utd or City, nothing else.

It's easy to say it was foolish to sell him to Utd but was the alternative, run down his contract and let him join Utd for nothing in a year?

The years we were "in transition" after moving to the new stadium, we were a lot better, and closer to the top. 2008 we were well on our way to winning the league, then we collapsed. A couple of years ago we came 4th in a two horse race for the title. It's the last couple of seasons, since we sold Cesc really, since we've actually had money to spend on players, that the quality of our team has gone downhill.

We've had some great players in the last eight years, and i'm sure we would have won something by now if a couple of them just stuck around. We've produced quality players, then end up selling them on. Selling RVP was a terrible move. Actually, we had little choice, we should have had him on a contract earlier, or we should have sold him abroad. Even if it would be for less money. All we've done in the last few years is strengthen our rivals.

We've got the basis of a great team. But there's something wrong. Too much laziness, complacency, and a lack of cohesion.

Wasn't it after 27 games not 28. And we are better now and arsenal are worse.

Just been reading the beginning of the thread. Everyone doubting spurs and laughing at me. Jon calling me an imbecile about Vertinghen v vermaelen. Me saying giroud would struggle in his first season and saying podolski wouldn't get even close to 20 league goals.

The best is Chelsea. When they stormed the league early on I was saying they are average and would be battling for top 4 and not comfortably in it. Everyone laughed. In July I said Di matteo would be the first prem manager sacked. And he was.

10 games to go. A long way still. No dembele could really impact us from now as we have no decent coverl but surely this is it!

Wasn't it after 27 games not 28. And we are better now and arsenal are worse.

Just been reading the beginning of the thread. Everyone doubting spurs and laughing at me. Jon calling me an imbecile about Vertinghen v vermaelen. Me saying giroud would struggle in his first season and saying podolski wouldn't get even close to 20 league goals.

The best is Chelsea. When they stormed the league early on I was saying they are average and would be battling for top 4 and not comfortably in it. Everyone laughed. In July I said Di matteo would be the first prem manager sacked. And he was.

10 games to go. A long way still. No dembele could really impact us from now as we have no decent coverl but surely this is it!

I still think we'll finish above you :woops:

I don't think Giroud has struggled. He's done well, he's no Robin van Persie however.

It pains me to see Vermaelen struggling so much, always been my favourite Arsenal player. Need him to turn it around quickly.

To be fair you have a pretty easy run in, but I think it's just too much, we would need to absolutely collapse for it to happen.

What was he supposed to do with van Persie? you can't make a player sign a new contract. It was Utd or City, nothing else.

It's easy to say it was foolish to sell him to Utd but was the alternative, run down his contract and let him join Utd for nothing in a year?

The negotiations should have started and been wrapped up much earlier. Letting him get so close to the end of his contract was a stupid move. How about selling him abroad, so he didn't go to a direct rival in the league? So many things could have been done differently.

Lets get it right you said 20 goals, then when he was banging them in you adjusted it to league goals.

Game was fairly even, undone because we can't defend a pack of digestives from a house wife. Draw would have been a fairer result.

All we can do now is try and win all of our remaining games.

The negotiations should have started and been wrapped up much earlier. Letting him get so close to the end of his contract was a stupid move. How about selling him abroad, so he didn't go to a direct rival in the league? So many things could have been done differently.

We offered him deals for ages and he kept delaying. Delayed enough to release a statement and make cunts of the club, manager and fans. No one abroad offered money anywhere near what United did and he wanted to go there, by that point Arsene's hands were tied and the board sold him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

You say letting it so close as if it was the club's doing. He stalled for ages. You could say they could have agreed a new deal 3 years before that, back when he played 8 games a season, it wasn't exactly expected he'd turn like he has the 2 seasons.

It's easy to say sell abroad but to who? wasn't must interested other than Juventus and he didn't want to go there.

Lets get it right you said 20 goals, then when he was banging them in you adjusted it to league goals.

Game was fairly even, undone because we can't defend a pack of digestives from a house wife. Draw would have been a fairer result.

No, I meant 20 league goals. Anyone could score however many FA cup and league cup goals against much weaker opposition so I would never have bet that!

Nada draw fair? Really? We had twice as many chances as you. Bale missed a sitter, sigg should've scored, so should Defoe. You had one Ramsey chance.

But who cares. Spurs won. 7 points clear. Roll on the end of the season when it's confirmed once and for all.

Also, i confirmed it was league goals after he scored 2, 2 in the league. And I doubt he'll get 20 goals all in either!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-21652353

"Rangers Football Club have reported an operating loss of £7m although it says "extraordinary progress" has been made."

"Chief executive Charles Green said he was in "awe" of the contribution supporters had made to the club.

He added: "This has been a significant period in the club's history, in which vital steps were taken to ensure the survival and rebuilding of one of the UK's most venerable football institutions."

This is because it's the first period in the club's history.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-21652353

This is because it's the first period in the club's history.

And they should be brave, it happens to all pubescent girls.

Cough. Anyway, as a man with an ex-girlfriend who was a Rangers supporter, I can't help but feel terrible for the supporters - by and large a decent lot who deserved to be served better by the club they love.

Spurs to finish 5th? That's still better than not even in the top 6 you predicted at the beginning of the season, with Everton 4th :D Great predictions!!!

Also, this time last season spurs were ONE POINT ahead of Arsenal, not 7. And you beat us by one point, so even if the same thing happens that puts us 5 points ahead of you. But we are stronger you are weaker. Keep playing the "we'll see" card, but I don't mind being bold and saying what I think will happen; I did pretty well from my predictions at the beginning of the season when everyone tried mocking me.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club using The Arsenal as their measuring stick since 1913.

And they should be brave, it happens to all pubescent girls.

Cough. Anyway, as a man with an ex-girlfriend who was a Rangers supporter, I can't help but feel terrible for the supporters - by and large a decent lot who deserved to be served better by the club they love.

The majority of Rangers supporters are not decent, they're a scummy bunch.

The city of Manchester will attest to this.

So apparently Van Persie has only scored once in his last 7 games. Some say he's having a dry spell and maybe there is too much pressure on him etc.

I say it's because i made him my captain. It's a curse i tell you!