NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Bravo @Dog\-amoto, I just had to steal that for someone on my facebook.

On reflection, nowt there is anyone can do about this now. At least we'll have another crack at this next year, which is more than can be said for a lot of other teams.

Anyone watch Celtic tonight? Juventus didn't really break into a sweat. Defensively, Celtic were better than the first leg and created more chances. Saying that, you always had the feeling that Juve could crush Celtic if they wanted to. (more than 5-0 on aggregate, I mean)

Anyone watch Celtic tonight? Juventus didn't really break into a sweat. Defensively, Celtic were better than the first leg and created more chances. Saying that, you always had the feeling that Juve could crush Celtic if they wanted to. (more than 5-0 on aggregate, I mean)

I thought we did quite well. I didn't see the first leg but from what I hear there was a bit of controversy in the penalty box during corners and that we were very poor defensively for the goals.

As for last night, it was a shame that we couldn't get a goal. Over the whole tie we definitely deserved one with the number of chances. It just didn't slip into place. Again defensively we were poor, Hooper should never be giving the ball away in his own half. The pundits were saying that Forster should've done better with the first but the forward was so close he didn't have much of a chance with it.

I thought we did quite well. I didn't see the first leg but from what I hear there was a bit of controversy in the penalty box during corners and that we were very poor defensively for the goals.

As for last night, it was a shame that we couldn't get a goal. Over the whole tie we definitely deserved one with the number of chances. It just didn't slip into place. Again defensively we were poor, Hooper should never be giving the ball away in his own half. The pundits were saying that Forster should've done better with the first but the forward was so close he didn't have much of a chance with it.

3-0 was a bit of a harsh scoreline in the first leg. Defensively, Celtic made crucial mistakes but Juve weren't playing amazingly well from what I remember.

Criticising Forster is a little unfair for the goal yesterday, but he maybe could have steered the ball away from the goal. Nevertheless, it was a collective defensive mistake that could have been prevented.

I'm watching the Spurs game now and what a contrast. Spurs are playing good football, no doubt. But, this Inter team, fuck...worst Inter team in years? They'll be lucky if they even score a goal over the two legs. Spurs are in with a good shout in this competition.

Also, Chelsea: Can't believe this is the same Chelsea that lifted the Champions League.

(3-0 Spurs now, might be double that when it's over)

More money from Bale for me tonight. I'm telling you guys this is easy money. So easy. ££££

That isn't going to continue Sunday. ;)

I really think we will beat them, they're due a bad result and we are starting to play well more consistently.

That isn't going to continue Sunday. ;)

I really think we will beat them, they're due a bad result and we are starting to play well more consistently.

If Spurs play like they did tonight, they'll win. But only if Liverpool play as bad as Inter did. :p

I reckon 3-1 Spurs. Should be a good game.

I'm hoping Chelsea play as dire as they did tonight, too. 3-0 United.

If Spurs play like they did tonight, they'll win. But only if Liverpool play as bad as Inter did. :p

I reckon 3-1 Spurs. Should be a good game.

I'm hoping Chelsea play as dire as they did tonight, too. 3-0 United.

I'll be surprised if Spurs put 3 past us, we've only conceded 12 all season at home.

If we win and Chelsea lose, we will only be 7 points off 4th, and with an easy run in, that doesn't seem impossible.

It's a longshot, but i'm an optimist. :p

Oh, and that includes a game against Chelski.

Spurs losing would make the top 4 trophy race more exciting. Still, I have a feeling that they'll turn it on against Liverpool. Can't see Liverpool winning it for some reason.

I'm watching the Spurs game now and what a contrast. Spurs are playing good football, no doubt. But, this Inter team, fuck...worst Inter team in years? They'll be lucky if they even score a goal over the two legs. Spurs are in with a good shout in this competition.

Also, Chelsea: Can't believe this is the same Chelsea that lifted the Champions League.

(3-0 Spurs now, might be double that when it's over)

Yes spurs only look so good because inter are so bad.

And Chelsea were equally as bad in the champions league. They just used a life times worth of luck last season.

Bit concerned I'm gonna pick up the Spurs optimism bug that's going around. The team looks significantly much better with Defoe and Gylfie / Holtby in for Adebayor and Dempsey. Sunday at Anfield will be huge, if we manage to grab a win I think we'll have at least fourth. Wouldn't mind winning the Europa league too... wary of jynxing it...

Inter were shocking. Odd.

In other news, interested to hear what the United fans thoughts are on the Rooney rumors flying around since the real match. Would you ship him to PSG (seems to be the only club realistically in for the price and wages) for the right price?

Bit concerned I'm gonna pick up the Spurs optimism bug that's going around. The team looks significantly much better with Defoe and Gylfie / Holtby in for Adebayor and Dempsey. Sunday at Anfield will be huge, if we manage to grab a win I think we'll have at least fourth. Wouldn't mind winning the Europa league too... wary of jynxing it...

Inter were shocking. Odd.

In other news, interested to hear what the United fans thoughts are on the Rooney rumors flying around since the real match. Would you ship him to PSG (seems to be the only club realistically in for the price and wages) for the right price?

Team looks much better without Ade. He's terrible and will most likely get shipped off within the next 18 months. Spurs rang rings around Inter, just destroyed them for pace. 3-0 flatters them. Should have been 7 or 8.

Rooney will most probably not go anywhere. The media have jumped on the fact that he didn't play against Madrid. If he had played, it would have meant we would have dropped Nani, which would have deprived us of pace on the wings, which was a big outlet for us in that first half. (Nani had a good game until his sending off).

Rooney was never going to play ahead of Van Persie and we were never going to play with 2 up top, so he either had to be played out of his position (to the detriment of the team) or benched. I've got no problem with anyone being benched, the manager chooses the team and he picked a good one. It was working until the sending off.

If he goes, then it's not the end of the world. Ronaldo left and we are still up there competing. Plenty of great players leave great teams all the time. The sign of a great team is the ability to still compete and bring in new talent and keep it together. Which we will do. No doubt about that.

In other football news, Newcastle drew 0-0 away at Anzhi, in what has to be one of the most scintillating game of football i've ever seen. On a knife edge for the home leg, but I fancy us to progress. It was a very solid defensive performance by us yesterday with quite a few first team choices missing.

Anyone else watch Everton and Wigan earlier? Everton looked really poor, the worst I've probably ever seen them play. Wigan were sublime, so much better in every way. Their midfield destroyed Everton's, they kept the ball and blitzed them.

I was laughing as the third goal went in. Just ridiculous. Could have been 5 or 6-nil by the end of the game.

What the hell was that?!

Great header.

Brilliant pass by Carrick, that was. My United player of the season.

He must have slipped, I'm sure Carrick meant to pass it sideways :p

AH MAH GERD.

Back to watching the rugby :p

He must have slipped, I'm sure Carrick meant to pass it sideways :p

AH MAH GERD.

Back to watching the rugby :p

:laughing:

Not sure if you noticed, but Carrick was the one who played the ball forward from the edge of his box to start the breakaway (Nani tried but it was blocked).

Chelsea defence has been pretty terrible so far. As long as we don't go all suicidal, we should win this.

Great first goal, second one was a bit lol. Man U going down the right wing a few times but not getting further perhaps due to trying to do too much. Chelsea have settled a bit in the last 5 minutes, finally having their first decent chance, so I'm sure there#s still very much a game on, here. Man U's defence has been great.

Wouldn't be surprised if we concede before half-time. Giving the ball away too much now.

Yeah lots of sloppy play. Luckily chelsea's been nothing but embarassing with their attempts thus far!

Urrggghhh Sppuuurrrsssss.

Can't believe the second goal. Can't believe we threw it away. What a waste.

Suarez first one was a peach tbf...

Unbelievable. Tough spurs were easily easily the better team, we were in control should've got a third and literally gifted them two goals. Considering our team is decimated with injury, played on Thursday and had one days prep, and still were much the better team. Shows our 9 point lead is justified.

I'm sure mad dog will be as blinkered as ever and claim they're going to win the league next year. But I thought Liverpool were really poor.

As long as we don't go all suicidal, we should win this.

As long as we don't go all suicidal, we should win this.

As long as we don't go all suicidal

We've played shite since about the 30th minute.

Unbelievable. Tough spurs were easily easily the better team, we were in control should've got a third and literally gifted them two goals. Considering our team is decimated with injury, played on Thursday and had one days prep, and still were much the better team. Shows our 9 point lead is justified.

I'm sure mad dog will be as blinkered as ever and claim they're going to win the league next year. But I thought Liverpool were really poor.

Shut up dazzy.

If you read my posts you'd know I understand where we are atm. Spurs were the better team, no doubt, but errors by Lloris and Assou-Ekkoto cost you.

We should have had 2 other pens aswell, but I don't care.

Great 3 points.