NEurope
Dog-amoto

Football Season 2012/2013

Well this confused the crap out of me...apparently both Leeds Rhinos and Leeds United are managed by a man called Brian McDermott.....but it's not the same guy...

Also, both teams have a winger called Ryan Hall. How bizarre!

Well it ended 0-0 at the Emirates, Everton were lucky to keep 11 men on the pitch mind, Gibson and Pieniar escaped second yellows. But Everton defended manfully and think 0-0 is a fair result.

Well it ended 0-0 at the Emirates, Everton were lucky to keep 11 men on the pitch mind, Gibson and Pieniar escaped second yellows. But Everton defended manfully and think 0-0 is a fair result.

Gibson came in with a full on body check to Walcott, that should've been a 2nd yellow for sure. Everton defended well throughout the game and they were fastest to most of the second balls. We grew into the game slowly but wasted some very good chances. Giroud had a poor night.

It was a long shot, but Everton probably don't have a chance of 4th place now. It's a shame, I'd like to see them there. They're consistently a well performing team. All they need is for their chairman to dip into his pockets and allow Moyes some decent funds to work with. If they had Liverpool's budget, they'd be challenging for the top 4, guaranteed. They'd be in it.

Not a bad point, would have preferred the win and had it all in our hands. But Everton done what they had to do and we were wasteful.

The tussle between us, Chavs and them lot will have many more twists before the end of the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22194042

Gordan Taylor from the PFA wants to introduce a rule similar to one they have in the NFL. At least one black candidate should be interviewed for every manager's position.

This feels a lot like positive discrimination to me...

Yeah, if race isn't supposed an issue in a persons ability to manage, then why make an issue of it? Just interview the best available candidates regardless of their race.

Also why is the focus on black managers, why are they the only ethnic minority to be given special consideration, what about Asian's etc? Assuming a person's race doesn't make them any more or less qualified to be a football mananger.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22194042

Gordan Taylor from the PFA wants to introduce a rule similar to one they have in the NFL. At least one black candidate should be interviewed for every manager's position.

This feels a lot like positive discrimination to me...

That's where people try too much to "overcome" racist. In a since, that IS racism because you're instantly preferring one race over the other. We don't need more black managers, or more lesbians or more black, Chinese lesbian managers, we need more good and talented managers.

We were lucky to get our draw yesterday. Didn't play all that great bar a few moments (mostly those involving the goals). A bit of a slow match on our part, didn't really get out of second gear.

Bloomin' 'eck, David Luiz's goal yesterday was a stonker!

Bloomin' 'eck, David Luiz's goal yesterday was a stonker!

Decent hit, but Fulham made absolutely no attempt to close him down. Hopefully they play that shit on Saturday.

PFA player of the year award list, with odds.

Gareth Bale: 4-11

Luis Suarez: 4-1

Robin van Persie: 4-1

Juan Mata: 66-1

Eden Hazard 100-1

Miichael Carrick 100-1

A bit surprised that Hazard has made the list ahead of say, Michu or Cazorla. I'm willing to bet if he hadn't been so unfortunate, Kagawa might have been in with a chance of being on this list?

Personally I'd like to see Mata get it.

PFA player of the year award list, with odds.

Gareth Bale: 4-11

Luis Suarez: 4-1

Robin van Persie: 4-1

Juan Mata: 66-1

Eden Hazard 100-1

Miichael Carrick 100-1

A bit surprised that Hazard has made the list ahead of say, Michu or Cazorla. I'm willing to bet if he hadn't been so unfortunate, Kagawa might have been in with a chance of being on this list?

Personally I'd like to see Mata get it.

Out of curiosity, why Kagawa? He's had an average season. Some good, some bad, mostly ok. He's done nothing of great note (apart from that good hat-trick) to make it into this list.

Hazard has been awesome to watch this season. Cazorla and Michu should be on there, but the list only has 6 spaces and I can't really begrudge any of those nominated. Seems like a really fair list, in my opinion.

Who should win it: Juan Mata, as he has been outstanding in his area, and his record of goals and assists is mouthwatering.

Who I'd like to win it: Michael Carrick. A total and utter boss this season in midfield. Admittedly, the job that he does isn't going to win many plaudits and it's not going to look as impressive on paper as somebody like Mata or Bale. But, he has controlled the midfield for United and has been largely the reason why we where we are. My United player of the season. If he doesn't make it into the team of the year, I'll blow a gasket.

Who will win it: Gareth Bale, because without him, Spurs wouldn't be in the top 6.

Everyone knows Suárez and Van Persie are more deserving than Bale, but the diving monkey boy will win it, shockingly.

Everyone knows Suárez and Van Persie are more deserving than Bale, but the diving monkey boy will win it, shockingly.

As much as I loathe Suarez as a man, he has carried Liverpool this season. Bale will win it, but Suarez won't be too far behind him.

Van Persie has been amazing for us, but I would rather Carrick win it ahead of him. He's been much more consistent and he's been playing an area where we've been lacking in recent years.

Out of curiosity, why Kagawa? He's had an average season. Some good, some bad, mostly ok. He's done nothing of great note (apart from that good hat-trick) to make it into this list.

Just the few games I've seen him play he looked good, which included the hat trick :heh:

Seems like he has a lot of potential is what I guess I'm saying, say if he were to have a season unaffected by long periods of absence.

Just the few games I've seen him play he looked good, which included the hat trick :heh:

Seems like he has a lot of potential is what I guess I'm saying, say if he were to have a season unaffected by long periods of absence.

He's obviously a good player, but he hasn't had consistency this season. We've really lacked that in midfield. Only Carrick and probably Cleverley have been consistent.

Next season should be great for him. I want to see him played more. We don't seem to use him enough.

Michu should be ahead of Van Persie, this isn't me being bitter, he's been more consistent than Van Persie.

Now @dazzybee, you can tow the Arsenal were lucky line.

Win is a win is a win. Man Utd up next..

Coincidentally he seems to have disappeared just as things have become a little shaky for the filth.

It'll be a great Super Sunday regardless of the results. Cannot wait.

It'll only be good if they go our way.

Predictions for today's games?

Spurs 1 - 3 City

Liverpool 2 - 2 Chelsea

Should be two exciting games.

Unbelieveable! Spurs just scored three in six minutes. If they can hold out for the last 8 mins, United could win the title tomorrow at Villa. I don't want Spurs to get fourth (I was hoping for a draw today, tbh) but I'd happily take the title tomorrow!