N-Europe

Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Retro_Link

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/05/rumour_splinter_cell_blacklist_coming_to_wii_u

Rumour: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Coming to Wii U

Ubisoft's got a lot of Wii U games to show off next Monday, and one of them might feature everyone's favourite gruff-voiced special agent spy that's not Solid Snake.

According to reports, Splinter Cell: Blacklist is heading to Wii U, PS3 and Xbox 360 in early 2013. Ubisoft has refused to comment, saying only it "doesn't comment on rumour and speculation," but we guess we won't have to wait too much longer to find out how real this one is.

Ubisoft's E3 2012 press conference is on Monday 4th June at 3pm Pacific time — that's 11pm UK.

Hope so!! And I'm sure some great stealth/tech action can be done with the tablet.

Edited by Retro_Link

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember the final form of Conviction being the most interesting thing at one of Microsoft's characteristically awful E3 conferences, but apparently it never got too much of a good reputation with fans? There's immense potential with the tablet for a game like Splinter Cell, so let's hope the Wii U version gets the creative time it deserves.

What do you mean?

In the same way that Mario/Zelda/Pikmin3/MetroidPrime etc... aren't?

No. Those are sequels too, and I'd mean more to me if NINTENDO actually pulled out 3 or 4 new IPs out of their jacket instead of another sequel.

Ah, who am I kidding. As I've said in another thread it's 50/50 with me: I want just as much sequels to my favourite franchises as I want new IPs.

It's just that the timing has to be right.

Mario certainly doesn't know when to take a break....

I remember the final form of Conviction being the most interesting thing at one of Microsoft's characteristically awful E3 conferences, but apparently it never got too much of a good reputation with fans? There's immense potential with the tablet for a game like Splinter Cell, so let's hope the Wii U version gets the creative time it deserves.

I quite enjoyed Conviction, but I can see why a lot of people didn't care for it much. It dropped a lot of the sneaking about in favour of more action.

I've so far only played one and a half Splinter Cells. I thought the first one was amazing (seriously, couldn't put it down til I finished it) but I just couldn't get into Pandora Tomorrow in the same way. I still consider myself a massive fan of the series and always look forward to hearing about new entries, even if I haven't played them. :p Give me some Wii U Sam Fisher action and I'll be there, Ubisoft!

I expect it will come on the Wii U in some form at some point. It wouldn't make sense for Ubisoft to release it everywhere else but the Wii U. They've already shown tons of games for it, and I doubt there will be anything like this on the system, so they should try to cash in early.

• 4 months later...

Third Parties keep 'em coming?! :D

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/report-splinter-cell-blacklist-coming-to-wii-u

Report: Splinter Cell: Blacklist Coming to Wii U

An Irish GameStop store appears to have prematurely outed the game as coming to Wii U.

A version of Splinter Cell: Blacklist for the Wii U is being advertised by GameStop in Ireland.

As originally posted on NeoGAF, the below image shows Splinter Cell: Blacklist advertised alongside a range of other games confirmed for the Wii U, including Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, ZombiU, Black Ops II and Mass Effect 3.

Splinter-Cell-610x816.jpg

As it stands, the only confirmed platforms that will be seeing Splinter Cell: Blacklist when it releases next Spring are the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

IGN reached out to Ubisoft for comment on the image, only to receive the standard "no comment".

Edited by Retro_Link

It'll almost certainly happen. Ubisoft and Nintendo are butt buddies. They'll give the Wii U ports of anything that can feasibly be put onto the system.

It will all be in vain if GTAV isn't coming over.

Don't hold your breath...

NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (TTWO), is very proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is expected to launch worldwide during spring 2013 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V is the largest and most ambitious title in the series to date. Set in the sprawling city of Los Santos and the surrounding area, Grand Theft Auto V delivers a world of unprecedented scale and detail bursting with life, from mountaintops to the depths of the ocean.

"Grand Theft Auto V builds on everything we've learned about open world game design," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "We can’t wait to share it with fans."

Beginning November 5, 2012, Grand Theft Auto V will be available for pre-order in stores everywhere. For all other information and updates on Grand Theft Auto V including the latest trailers, please visit http://www.rockstargames.com/V/.

So long as the Houser Brothers maintain full control over the mainline series, it'll never hit a Nintendo home console...

While we're at that, EA have already made it clear that they'll never give Nintendo any proper support for Wii U (after the Fifa 12.5 and Mass Effect Trilogy/Origin rejection debacles) and Take Two as a wider entity are coy to give Nintendo any real support (so don't expect Bioshock Infinite)

On the plus side, Activision are at least throwing their full weight behind the platform; so that's something to be thankful for - while the rest of the smaller western publishers don't seem to have any major beef with Nintendo - so most other titles should rightfully come...

Japanese support (outside of Kojima Productions) should be in the bag though :awesome:

Edited by Dcubed

So long as the Houser Brothers maintain full control over the mainline series, it'll never hit a Nintendo home console...

While we're at that, EA have already made it clear that they'll never give Nintendo any proper support for Wii U (after the Fifa 12.5 and Mass Effect Trilogy/Origin rejection debacles) and Take Two as a wider entity are coy to give Nintendo any real support (so don't expect Bioshock Infinite)

On the plus side, Activision are at least throwing their full weight behind the platform; so that's something to be thankful for - while the rest of the smaller western publishers don't seem to have any major beef with Nintendo - so most other titles should rightfully come...

Japanese support (outside of Kojima Productions) should be in the bag though :awesome:

I'm not holding my breath for GTA V. But I expect great support from Ubisoft and Activision as well as solid support from EA with their biggest franchises - FIFA, NFS and most likely other too arrivng on the system.

If the Wii U cleans up in Japan (as it should with NSMBU, MH3U and DQX Beta at launch) then I expect major support from Japanese devs and publishers.

As for Kojima Productions - I hate them. They are absolute arseholes. Snake should NEVER have been in Smash Bros - especially when Mega Man was missing.

Kojima can shove his long winded, poorly written, confusing, badly paced, overblown, interactive CGI movies up his arse. There's no excuse as to why Konami couldn't have given the Wii U ZOE HD collection or MGS HD Collection at launch.

I'm not holding my breath for GTA V. But I expect great support from Ubisoft and Activision as well as solid support from EA with their biggest franchises - FIFA, NFS and most likely other too arrivng on the system.

If the Wii U cleans up in Japan (as it should with NSMBU, MH3U and DQX Beta at launch) then I expect major support from Japanese devs and publishers.

As for Kojima Productions - I hate them. They are absolute arseholes. Snake should NEVER have been in Smash Bros - especially when Mega Man was missing.

Kojima can shove his long winded, poorly written, confusing, badly paced, overblown, interactive CGI movies up his arse. There's no excuse as to why Konami couldn't have given the Wii U ZOE HD collection or MGS HD Collection at launch.

This still annoys the hell out of me! The lack of Megaman in Brawl was baffling.

You may not want ZoE HD on the Wii U as it apparently the game is quite a mess. Silent Hill HD anyone? :D But, yeah, the MGS Collection would have been nice.

I don't hate Kojima, in fact I love the MGS series to bits, but I do find it confusing as to why Konami wouldn't put these type of games on the Wii U. :wtf:

This still annoys the hell out of me! The lack of Megaman in Brawl was baffling.

You may not want ZoE HD on the Wii U as it apparently the game is quite a mess. Silent Hill HD anyone? :D But, yeah, the MGS Collection would have been nice.

I don't hate Kojima, in fact I love the MGS series to bits, but I do find it confusing as to why Konami wouldn't put these type of games on the Wii U. :wtf:

I've heard that ZOE is considerably better on the 360 as the PS3 version looks rather washed out and suffers from serious frame rate issues.

To be honest I find it mind boggling that HD collections have these problems - but saying that ZOE HD Collection was put together by High Voltage Software...

I thought the inclusion of Snake in Smash Bros would have meant that Nintendo got something back. Even a version of Twin Snakes on the Wii with the first person shooting mechanic being mapped to Wii Remote aiming would've been nice. But instead - nothing!

I've heard that ZOE is considerably better on the 360 as the PS3 version looks rather washed out and suffers from serious frame rate issues.

To be honest I find it mind boggling that HD collections have these problems - but saying that ZOE HD Collection was put together by High Voltage Software...

I thought the inclusion of Snake in Smash Bros would have meant that Nintendo got something back. Even a version of Twin Snakes on the Wii with the first person shooting mechanic being mapped to Wii Remote aiming would've been nice. But instead - nothing!

They're both pretty shite. TBH, ZOE2 would've always have been a very challenging port, just due to the way the game was originally made, so it's not fully HVS's fault. PS2 has more memory bandwidth than PS3 and 360, relative to its resolution, meaning that any game that features tons of particle effects and transparencies would suffer heavily on the HD twins (and ZOE2 just so happens to be the worst case scenario for this)

Ironically, the Wii U is probably the only console out there that could actually handle ZOE2 in HD, but don't tell Koji Pro that ;)

• 3 months later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!