N-Europe

Call of Duty: Black to the Future

Murr

Call Of Duty Reveal Likely Coming Next Month

blackops22610.jpg

It seems Activision isn't waiting for E3 to unveil its latest Call of Duty title. A retail source snapped a photo of the purported reveal date.

Kotaku obtained the photo in question, showing the date of May 2, 2012. This is likely the date when the publisher will reveal the game and not the official release date. Call of Duty titles have traditionally been released in the fall.

Activision declined to comment on the photo. If true, we still don't know if this is a sequel to Black Ops. Earlier this year, Amazon France posted a listing for Black Ops 2, which was later taken down.

Source - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/04/18/call-of-duty-reveal-likely-coming-next-month.aspx

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Call of Duty game is exactly what the market needs. Gamers have been craving a game of this type for some time.

I was one of the few who enjoyed Black Ops. Quite liked the story and it was fun to play. I see your point though, is the endless cycle never going to end. I wouldn't say a sequel was particularly needed. I feel it's all about peddling new multiplayer content through another game. New game = Another bunch of Multiplayer levels = More DLC = MONIES!! I'm sure there are some who enjoy the actual story of CoD. Me, well the Modern Warfare and WW2 games didn't do anything for me.

Black Ops 2 then?

I'm still waiting for Call of Duty Black Cops myself, so they can keep this Ops 2 garbage.

On a serious note, why haven't they attempted it? It's always war this war that hurr America wins the world again, why not just set it in the 1970's and have it act like a cop drama? All of my continuously extorted money via dlc and micro-transactions.jpg

EA may have learned a lesson, by releasing Euro 2012 as an add-on to Fifa 12 instead of a separate title. Now, all Activision need to do is learn that we don't want yearly versions of Call of Duty. Thats not going to happen though. And i always hate it, when GAME do a midnight launch for this over say, i don't know........ Skyrim, like last year. And the problem is, these games become game of the year. Why?????.

EA may have learned a lesson, by releasing Euro 2012 as an add-on to Fifa 12 instead of a separate title. Now, all Activision need to do is learn that we don't want yearly versions of Call of Duty. Thats not going to happen though. And i always hate it, when GAME do a midnight launch for this over say, i don't know........ Skyrim, like last year. And the problem is, these games become game of the year. Why?????.

It's all about the $$$$

Skyrim however did do pretty well in terms of game of the year awards last year :p

But I do know what you mean that COD will always get nominated and the likes of say... Bulletstorm or Crysis 2 may get missed out (granted they weren't ground breaking titles, but they were alot more original than MW3)

Same goes for FIFA, it's almost guaranteed to win best sports game of he year, and this year with FIFA Street and the inevitable FIFA 13 it's got the sports category all but sealed.

It's all about the $$$$

Skyrim however did do pretty well in terms of game of the year awards last year :p

But I do know what you mean that COD will always get nominated and the likes of say... Bulletstorm or Crysis 2 may get missed out (granted they weren't ground breaking titles, but they were alot more original than MW3)

Same goes for FIFA, it's almost guaranteed to win best sports game of he year, and this year with FIFA Street and the inevitable FIFA 13 it's got the sports category all but sealed.

Indeed. I remember the moaning people were having on GAME's facebook page about the fact that Skyrim was a midnight launcher, then got cancelled from that slot over a Call of Duty title instead. Honestly, Call of Duty DOES NOT NEED a midnight launch. All Activision seem to do is re-release each game on a yearly basis. Once you've played one COD, you've played them all.

I've never owned a Cod game but I usually have some interest in borrowing them for multiplayer. If nothing else it's interesting to see how FPS' are trending. I found Black Ops to be really enjoyable online: solid maps, interesting inventory additions, well balanced weapons and importantly it numbed the potency of kill streaks.

MW3's online effort was an abomination by comparison.

I'm yet to play Battlefield 3. The footage makes me drool.

Edited by dwarf

Atless they completely reboot the franchise and make it less ridiculous (akimbo sub machine guns? Auto turrets?) and more story driven, I'll pass on this.

Dual Wielding P90s = Awesome.

rcp90.jpg

It was a shame they removed that gun.