Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

GAME Group what next?

flameboy

You would get more on eBay than you would in GAME. Especially now.

And some people may consider the option of having a Wii as a collectors item, and a sentimental item more attractive than getting 5p for it. Or £20 or however much they sell for these days.

On EBay you have to pay to put your item up

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trade it in so I get the Nintendo Wii U cheaper and why would you need a Nintendo Wii and a NINTENDO Wii U

If you've sold your GameCube, then you'll need to keep hold of your Wii.

Not to mention all those Virtual Console and WiiWare games which may not even be transferable.

If you've sold your GameCube, then you'll need to keep hold of your Wii.

Not to mention all those Virtual Console and WiiWare games which may not even be transferable.

I got 2 Nintendo Wiis because me and my mum plays Animal Crossing and I don't play on GameCube games and I thought Nintendo Wii U will have GameCube VC

I got 2 Nintendo Wiis because me and my mum plays Animal Crossing and I don't play on GameCube games and I thought Nintendo Wii U will have GameCube VC

Not guaranteed mate plus also you really can't rely on Nintendo releasing all the games you want on the service.

Sold my Wii for £95 on ebay. Thats after all the fees. I didnt see the point in keeping it with the WiiU out this year.

Speaking of shopto I just made Gold member status woo.

I do! No intention of buying Wii U this year unless something outright incredible is shown off at E3.

But even including the small fees for insertion, you would still get more than GAME would give you. In cash - which you can spend anywhere, not just in GAME. Who now have 3/4 less stores.

I think it's a wasted effort on him, he clearly wanted the absolute most simplistic method to do everything despite paying the odds to do so.

Pretty sure you can list on eBay without fees if you set the start bid to 0p.

Found out yesterday that my store didn't make it, which was surprising since it was the newest one in the area. Guess it was costing the company too much to keep open. Second time i've been made redundant now as well *sigh*.

Exactly, so if you're selling something like a Wii and games, ebay can sometimes be a bit of a kick in the nuts, when you consider the Insertion Fee, Final Value Fee and Postage (for large heavy item).

Then you set a reserve price (and postage is an extra cost you add on for the customer); either way you earn a lot more than if you sell it to GAME. They're just trying to take you for a ride.

You would get more on eBay than you would in GAME. Especially now.

And some people may consider the option of having a Wii as a collectors item, and a sentimental item more attractive than getting 5p for it. Or £20 or however much they sell for these days.

I'm not keeping mine as a collectors item as such. Mainly as a Gamecube game player and it's got 3 awesome Virtual Console games on it.

I'm scared to see if my Game/Station have closed. I daresay the Game has but not Gamestation, they have too much stuff/were doing very well when I visited.

Both Game and Gamestation in my town have closed, now there's only Chips and HMV on the high street to get new video games from. It virtually extinguishes half the reason for me to go to town at all. However after reaching silver rank on ShopTo I'll likely exclusively order from them instead.

seems our local store is gone, looks like my closest is in belfast, 30 miles away... Would've thought they would keep the Ballymena store as I think its pretty much the only one north of belfast, and its covering a massive catchment area! :/

There is [ / was..? ::shrug:] one in Coleraine (and Junction One, I suppose) but yeh, the closure of the Ballymena store is a bit of a shame.. even though I basically stopped buying anything from it years ago :eek:

If HMV goes, the town is officially dead :indeed:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!