Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Facebook timeline.

flameboy

Just mucking about it with now its all well and good BUT the way you can now browse stuff makes for a hell of a lot going through and checking there isn't stuff you don't want being shown as its now a hell of a lot easier to view it all.

Edited by flameboy

Funny this thread should pop up. I've just spent the last 30 minutes making myself a new cover photo!

lopg6.png

I think the Timeline looks fantastic in general. Profiles look so much more modern and appealing to look at. Looking at an old one you can see just how bland they were before.

Funny this thread should pop up. I've just spent the last 30 minutes making myself a new cover photo!

lopg6.png

I think the Timeline looks fantastic in general. Profiles look so much more modern and appealing to look at. Looking at an old one you can see just how bland they were before.

OOOOOH that looks awesome I can't wait to play with the cover photo....

EDIT:

Also been fun going through looking at old stuff completely forgot about this I posted when Michael Jackson dIED;

"My stepmum just said maybe Letoya Jackson is the one who died as they both look alike. No irony no attempt at a joke, I think she actually meant it."

Edited by flameboy

I tried to get it as a 'developer' but at some point they wanted my mobile number for verification... fuck that.

Can't find a sensible picture for the top -- but it's nice to be able to go to the PAST fairly snappy. Basically reminds me of a time when I had a camera and took lots of silly pictures. Here's hoping that happens in Oz!

Seems like I'm in the minority, but I don't really like it. Have to scroll all over the place to see everything, but then I'm not a heavy Facebook user and don't spend hours looking through profiles (as in, the new layout seems to be a benefit for people who use it that way). There's no point in saying anything about it imo, complainers and rejoicers alike - we're all going to get used to it :p

Seems like I'm in the minority, but I don't really like it. Have to scroll all over the place to see everything, but then I'm not a heavy Facebook user and don't spend hours looking through profiles (as in, the new layout seems to be a benefit for people who use it that way). There's no point in saying anything about it imo, complainers and rejoicers alike - we're all going to get used to it :p

I don't like it either. I can see why they introduce it as a feature, but I don't see why they replaced the normal, simple profile view.

Also what's this cover picture business? Are we back on myspace?

I think it's to make it a bit more personal.

Honestly it's a place you put thoughts, your pictures etc and yet really apart from there there's no customisation at all, it barely hurts to have a cover photo at the top.

The feature is really to make it more a time line of your life, hence the name, rather than a completely wall of well everything, to separate it out etc.

I can see why people don't like it, christ knows every time something changes on Facebook people get upset, but it makes a change for Facebook to have brought out something that makes sense.

Quite like the cover photo. Like Nightwolf says, it's nice to be able to have a smidgen of customisation.

Apart from that though, it's all just a bit of a mess innit? Bit silly considering I'm sure the whole clean organised structure of old facebook was half of what made it so successful.

And I don't really like people being able to see my facebook circa 2009, bit cringe. I'm sure theres some privacy settings that I can't be bothered to look into though.

I'm loving the shit out of it, which is surprising considering the shitstorms that erupt whenever Zuckerberg changes anything.

384855_10151067539980096_813015095_22578977_1224743061_n.jpg

It would look much better and fluid if it all stayed on one side, instead they're fapped around based on size and you have to see the tiny dots to see what order it's in.

I agree. I'm thinking they can have wall posts from friends on one side and your own activity on the other.