Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Love? Relationships? Boy girl stuff? Complaints and appraisals! Gifs be welcome.

Kurtle Squad

Is it a smart idea to go out with someone you're not particularly attracted to, but you think are a really nice person?

Nope! Being attracted to someone is important, why deny yourself that? I tried it and it didn't work out. We were more like best friends or brother and sister, it always felt awkward.

Is it a smart idea to go out with someone you're not particularly attracted to, but you think are a really nice person?

I wouldn't say it's a smart idea, but then I also wouldn't pretend that I wouldn't do it. You'd have to ask yourself though, what would you think if you were in their shoes?

Earlier this year I went through something similar, in as much as someone said they liked me and I flailed for a bit as I do like her and enjoyed her company, but there wasn't really a sexual spark there (for me anyway). One of my friends just basically said "can you see yourself sleeping with her?" and that kind of helped make me realise that it wasn't right and really I just wanted a friendship.

And now she's moving to Canada and if I'd been with her I could have gone too...but that's life :heh:

Attraction is a continuum, and it depends on whether it falls somewhere at least above zero. If you have some attraction to the person in question, and the quality of their personality promises to ensure the full tumescence of your manunit where just their physical attraction wouldn't, then by all means go for it. Physical and character driven/ sapiosexual attraction feed off each other, and so long as you don't find this person actively repulsive, it doesn't matter if you want, upon first sight, to throw them down upon the hearthrug while their mouth says "No" but their firelit eyes scream "Yes!," so long as you like them. We can't all be me after all.

Went for a drink with someone on Friday and they've now blocked me on the app we met on so... chances are slim for a second one :D

I'm starting to think I have a horrible personality :heh: (Shut up Bard)

Never had that happen to me. Pretty harsh!

Anything you can think of during the date where it didnt go well or was it a complete shock?

I prefer to know (even in this manner) that nothing is going to happen.

I can't think of anything (it was literally a chat and drink) so must just have been a lack of chemistry I guess.

Got a few more penciled in for when I get back to London. Maybe one day I'll have a second date :heh:

I don't mind going on dates as, providing they're not an awful person that I'd not picked up on before, it's a good way to meet people outside of your circle and just get an insight into their life.

I just wish more people were interested in doing something more than just going for a drink. I enjoy doing that, but there's so much more to do in London it seems kind of a shame to waste it in pubs.

Managed to talk to RandomBusGirl though I had to do it when after we got off at the stop so didn't talk to her as long as I would have liked, but still. :D Wasn't even nervous while talking to her this time, though I think I talked a little too much. At least she talked back, so she's polite at least. :p

Too bad I have to wait at least a week to try and talk to her again if I haven't scared her off.

So yeah, in a good mood. Can't believe I worried about it so much before. :/

Just realised I forgot to ask her name, doh

Me and Mexican boy are like Jason Donovan and Kylie right now, yesterday got especially heated. We were chatting away and then he said "I want to sleep with you." I couldn't tell if his English was going iffy again (it tends to do that later we speak :P) or if he'd suddely just got very blunt.

Anyway, the conversation that followed almost made my iPhone overheat again. My god, man. I hope this guy isn't a cat fish :p