Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Eurovision Dusseldorf 2011

Beast

Except they sing "I'm running, I'm scared tonight". =P

Didn't get why Sweden got so high, it sucked. So did Blue, not good at all. Actually a lot of the songs on top were just meh.

Italy came out of nowhere though! Nice surprise heh.

I knew that, it just sounds funnier if you think of it with my lyrics :p

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that, it just sounds funnier if you think of it with my lyrics :p

Hahah ok.

Half of the songs are barely understandable really. Switzerland for example was quite bad with the English heh.

I wish Moldova scored higher, I actually quite liked that. Funky trumpets! =P

I thought it was a bit shit how most of the countries sang in English. Sing in your own native language, you fiends.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

That really annoyed the shit out of me. It's just so...ughr. :hmm:

You'd think they'd sing in German, at least, considering it's the most widely spoken "mother tongued" language in Europe.

(Wanted Jedward to win. I don't understand the hype for Sweden. Pretty dire, I thought.)

Germany ftw. greatest woman in the history of ever. I haven't even begun hyperbole yet. :p

3203035_f520.jpg

I agree.

Edit:

Oh yeah, haven't seen it...who won? Was the German chick sexy?

Edited by drahkon

Yes! Yes! Yes!

That really annoyed the shit out of me. It's just so...ughr. :hmm:

You'd think they'd sing in German, at least, considering it's the most widely spoken "mother tongued" language in Europe.

(Wanted Jedward to win. I don't understand the hype for Sweden. Pretty dire, I thought.)

Well, since English is the prime international language, it makes more sense than German to me. But yes, it'd be lovely to hear more countries sing in their own languages.

For what appeared on the surface to be mostly a joke song, Moldova's entry was actually pretty good.

Oh dear, i didn't expect the UK to win at all. But, i expected the UK to finish above Jedward. And we couldn't even do that. Dear oh dear, i need to rest.

That just tells you everything, doesn't it. According to Europe, Jedward are better than Blue and, I must say, after hearing their performance last night (missed it due to Britain's Got Talent), they actually were better than us so Blue did deserve to be beaten by them. It must be embarrassing for Blue, a successful boyband who have had a few number #1s, sold loads of albums and have most probably had sell-out tours, to be beaten by Jedward.

I say well done to Jedward, they were actually better than Blue that night. Blue weren't great that night, in fact they were borderline terrible, but I liked the song.

Also yes, the Germany woman was great

Jedwards song is better than Blue's tbh. Blue's is a bit of a "Ehhh" its just "I can" as the first chorus segment is not very impactful and when following Lee's powerful vocal twangs of the verse it made the chorus lacking big beats and ultimately was unsatisfying.

Sweden were fucking shiiiiiiit. Claire and I were laughing at it when it came on. Then when they started getting Croissant et deux a point elle a poissons des journalie, our expressions went from laughing to "Huuuuuhhhh".

Whaaaaaaaaaatttt/gradually increasing in pitch/

Purses lips.

Once again proving that this is no longer "Eurovision" but "Riggovision".

Yes, I'm sure Azerbaijan is a country of great political influence... :indeed:

But seriously, the UK sucked. UK usually sucks, honestly. And every year, I see some Brit complain that the contest is rigged against their favour, as if they are blind to their own act.

So, seriously, even if you never win, don't go blaming it on someone cheating. It's a music contest where results shouldn't matter, acting like this only lessens any enjoyment that can be gained from the show.[/rant]

All of the Eastern European countries clearly concentrated on voting for each other, in terms of rigged-up-ness. I mean, Azerbaijan's song REALLY did not stand out (to me, at least).

I just Youtubed Blue's song. They're decent singers, but the song and performance were so terribly bland. It didn't stand out at all. In fact I forgot I was listening to them halfway through and wandered away from my laptop. Not good...

But seriously, the UK sucked. UK usually sucks, honestly. And every year, I see some Brit complain that the contest is rigged against their favour, as if they are blind to their own act.

So, seriously, even if you never win, don't go blaming it on someone cheating. It's a music contest where results shouldn't matter, acting like this only lessens any enjoyment that can be gained from the show.[/rant]

I'm saying it in general because the decent songs 1/2 the time don't get high on the list. As Eddie said, the Eastern European countries all vote high for each other thus. The songs over in that direction may not be any good, but somehow they win.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!