NEurope
Dyson

General Movie Thread

That does look good!

I watched Journey 2: the mysterious island last night. Goodness me that was bad. I normally enjoy most films that i watch (and to be fair, I did enjoy some of the terrible lines: "The soil liquifaction rate has tripled overnight!") but this one was almost too dull to make fun of.

This looks awesome.

Holy shit, if it wasnt for Batman this would be my most wanted movie of the year.

RhfFG.jpg

Wreck-It Ralph looks hilarious. I want to see that more than I do Brave, how worrying!

la_colline_aux_coquelicots05.jpg

From Up on Poppy Hill.

Was very nice and Goro Miyazaki may have redeemed himself! One of those charming Ghibli films that are about nothing too grand, but an interesting moment in someone's life.

Surrogates

The only redeeming feature was the fact I watched it in HD. The rest is atrocious. :)

Carrie

This gets more and more fun as it goes on. :DBLOOD.

Insidious

Hooked me in a bit to begin with but then it just gets absolutely ridiculous, some goodlulz though.

Saw VI

Probably my least favourite Saw just a bit dull as a whole. I seem to prefer the odd numbered films. :p So hopes for the last one?

MÉLODIE EN SOUS-SOL

French heist film. CHEEKY.

Get Him To The Greek

Dire, apart from obviously Jonah Hill killing it at all times. :heh:

Wanderlust

This films pacing is not good and neither is the story but it's got some fairly funny moments and it contains the greatest scene of 2K12 so far with Paul Rudd talking into a mirror!

Jeff, who lives at home.

Great. Enjoyed a lot Jason Seagal is good and although it was a fairly short movie (83 minutes) it has a lot to say but it's also keeps to its films point. It didn't quite set a spark in me but it's solid non the less. :grin:

akira1__span.jpg

TETSUOOOOOOOOOO!

Saw this on the big screen at the BFI, which is something I've been wanting to do for a while. The sound was loud, but in a good way.

Surrogates wasn't that bad. I thought it was pretty nice. Average of course but not at-whateverthatwordmeans.

akira1__span.jpg

TETSUOOOOOOOOOO!

Saw this on the big screen at the BFI, which is something I've been wanting to do for a while. The sound was loud, but in a good way.

Yes! :) watching this on the big screen is THE experience. :D Pleased for you. :)

Saw VI

Probably my least favourite Saw just a bit dull as a whole. I seem to prefer the odd numbered films. :p So hopes for the last one?

As Nicole Scherzinger sang, don't hold your breath. Unfortunately, the last SAW is the worst one for me. If you thought SAW VI was a bit dull, you'll think SAW: The Final Chapter is completely plain, haha. Well, you might like it but I found it boring and crap and very disappointing :(

I hope you enjoy it though. :)

As Nicole Scherzinger sang, don't hold your breath. Unfortunately, the last SAW is the worst one for me. If you thought SAW VI was a bit dull, you'll think SAW: The Final Chapter is completely plain, haha. Well, you might like it but I found it boring and crap and very disappointing :(

I hope you enjoy it though. :)

Does it at least have better deaths? :)

For me Saw 3, Saw 1, Saw 5, Saw 2, Saw 4, Saw 6. My rankings I think. You? :D

Does it at least have better deaths? :)

For me Saw 3, Saw 1, Saw 5, Saw 2, Saw 4, Saw 6. My rankings I think. You? :D

Thinking about it, yeah, it did have some good deaths! I think you might like it for the deaths but if, like me, you loved the story, I don't know. I felt really let-down by it because I followed it for years and I was like "...that's it? LAAAME!" but that's just me, you might like it! :)

My rankings would be: 1 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 7. My favourite ending being 6 with Jill kicking ass ;) What's your favourite one for the ending?

Just found out that Aliens is on tonight, finally I shall watch it and in glorious HD too! :D

Thinking about it, yeah, it did have some good deaths! I think you might like it for the deaths but if, like me, you loved the story, I don't know. I felt really let-down by it because I followed it for years and I was like "...that's it? LAAAME!" but that's just me, you might like it! :)

My rankings would be: 1 > 2 > 3 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 7. My favourite ending being 6 with Jill kicking ass ;) What's your favourite one for the ending?

Just found out that Aliens is on tonight, finally I shall watch it and in glorious HD too! :D

time to puts your dick in

Loved Snow White and the Huntsman.

ReZ has been Neuraped again.

Loved Snow White and the Huntsman.

Agreed, I watched it last week, actually really enjoyed it, shame the kids in the cinema were so freaking loud.

Watched we bought a zoo today at work. I wasn't actually that annoyed with it, worth another watch as I wasn't paying attention, but it wasn't terrible.

While spending a day with my new romance, I got the opportunity to watch Prometheus.

[possible spoilers ahead!]

It began pretty slow. Honestly, I dazed out a couple of times. Once the ancient holograms kicked in, however, it was hook-line-caught. I got really surprisingly into this film. I'm not a big sci-fi fan. I usually am rarely impressed with films relating to epic (space) battles, aliens etc. While this film isn't necessarily one of those -- it's really impressed me. I just adored how they displayed the themes of life (the womb / pregnancy) & death. Also with religion&spirituality. It just flowed really well for me. I fell in love with Shaw too. The characters were done quite quite well.

Not a fan of the open ending (or the death of the blonde leader T__T ) but it was so worth going to see.

~~~

I've been watching so many Studio Ghibli movies in the past few months with friends. I've never explored them before so I feel just like a child again. They've been all so good & original so far! I think "My Neighbour Totoro" is one of the standouts so far.

~~~

Gonna watch "The Last Song" next to commemorate Miley, as a lol. Then the "Alien" films. I was shamefully unaware "Prometheus" was made as a prequel...

I finally saw Aliens and I absolutely adored it. I adored it that much, I wanted to see it again. Although I loved Alien, Aliens was a lot better. The perfect sequel! Couldn't really find a fault. Completely had me gripped all the way through.

Get away from her, you BITCH!/10

All this Alien talk has got me in the mood to watch them all again. I'll try to find the director's cut to see what else is there to see.

Watched I Spit On Your Grave (remake) last night. It was horrific. I've never watched something where I've turned away more than watched the actual film.

Edited by Slaggis

All this Alien talk has got me in the mood to watch them all again. I'll try to find the director's cut to see what else is there to see.

I think the Blu-Rays (which includes the director's cut and original versions) are around £9.99.

Sorry about the last reply my friend #n-euraped me. It's trending. :p

Spoilers for all saw films (apart from the last one) ahead.

I liked the six ending because with the policeman's face trapped in the metal face clamp jaw, I'd forgotten what it did so It was quite tense when I thought it was gonna explode his head off and so even when he took it off I was waiting for his head to roll/burst.

I am more in it for the messed up deaths than the story but then maybe that's just me. It's fun to watch is all unravel and interesting to see how they keep it going each movie but I find it wears a bit thin after a while.

My favourite ending is definitely 3 when Jigsaw is dead and yet still has a tape left for another "game". I couldn't contain my lulz and a shout at the TV of:

:)

Sorry about the last reply my friend #n-euraped me. It's trending. :p

Spoilers for all saw films (apart from the last one) ahead.

I liked the six ending because with the policeman's face trapped in the metal face clamp jaw, I'd forgotten what it did so It was quite tense when I thought it was gonna explode his head off and so even when he took it off I was waiting for his head to roll/burst.

I am more in it for the messed up deaths than the story but then maybe that's just me. It's fun to watch is all unravel and interesting to see how they keep it going each movie but I find it wears a bit thin after a while.

My favourite ending is definitely 3 when Jigsaw is dead and yet still has a tape left for another "game". I couldn't contain my lulz and a shout at the TV of:

:)

Yeah, I thought the same. I was still intrigued all the way through and really liked the story right up until the last SAW movie, where they completely shagged the series!

I also play the games which explains more about the story in the series. In the first game, you play as Detective Tapp and you go through what happens to him, which is awesome and pretty much fits but the second one is completely messed up and makes no sense, even though it hints throughout that it's part of the series. Not only that but SAW II: Flesh and Blood is atrocious but still, I play it because I'm hardcore like that! : peace:

I'm going to see this on Friday, should be a decent watch:

A few movie posters have been shown off at some expo in Las Vegas -

Licensing_Expo_2012_19.jpg

Licensing_Expo_2012_21.jpg

Licensing_Expo_2012_22.jpg

Licensing_Expo_2012_10.jpg

Licensing_Expo_2012_17.jpg

Licensing_Expo_2012_23.jpg

Licensing_Expo_2012_32.jpg

Licensing_Expo_2012_31.jpg