NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

Rumour is it'll be free on Plus next year, not sure if I should risk it or grab it now.

The thing is though, with a game like this I'd prefer to buy it because what happens on the day when PS+ becomes unavailable?

I know it's unlikely and definitely a long time off yet but at least if you've downloaded and paid for it then you don't have to worry about it expiring. :)

Well I just did a quick check online and it seems to be near impossible to get the physical game for much less than £30 so digital it is! :D

Cheers for the heads up, I'll make sure to get that, £13.50 on PS+ is a steal. :)

You can import it from the US for about £20 if you want a physical copy. Sometimes it drops below that on play-asia.

You can import it from the US for about £20 if you want a physical copy. Sometimes it drops below that on play-asia.

Ah but then, don't you need to have a separate memory card owing to you needing a US region account or something similar?

In any case I'm downloading it now but thanks anyway, certainly sounds like a better option than shelling out £30 for the Pal version in physical format. :)

Ah but then, don't you need to have a separate memory card owing to you needing a US region account or something similar?

In any case I'm downloading it now but thanks anyway, certainly sounds like a better option than shelling out £30 for the Pal version in physical format. :)

No that's just for digital US titles. I've got an imported copy of P4G and it runs fine.

No that's just for digital US titles. I've got an imported copy of P4G and it runs fine.

Same, I got an imported copy. VGPlus have been selling P4G sometimes for around £15.

I've never seen a Persona game actually free and not just reduced on Plus. Really though this is the best game on the system, Cube and co. wouldn't have any regrets buying it at this price if they did. I wouldn't bet on a Plus giveaway!

I detest JRPGs. I'll give it a chance if was on Plus due to what has been said about it, but I personally don't think it's worth me spending money on.

I detest JRPGs. I'll give it a chance if was on Plus due to what has been said about it, but I personally don't think it's worth me spending money on.

tumblr_inline_mj08jqqvtE1qz4rgp.gif

Buy it. :p

It is indeed a good bargain, but i've got plenty to keep me going on the Vita at present. I'm currently hooked on Wipeout and Little Big Planet, and i've got Lemmings, Liberations, MotoGP, Uncharted and Sonic All Stars to play through.

It is indeed a good bargain, but i've got plenty to keep me going on the Vita at present. I'm currently hooked on Wipeout and Little Big Planet, and i've got Lemmings, Liberations, MotoGP, Uncharted and Sonic All Stars to play through.

I'm gonna level with you here and say this isn't a game to be missed. It's the top game on the system by a long shot and I can't imagine it coming round at any price like this again soon.

Even if you just buy it now and play it in several months, that'd be worth it. It's easily one of the best games ever made.

The thing is though, with a game like this I'd prefer to buy it because what happens on the day when PS+ becomes unavailable?

I know it's unlikely and definitely a long time off yet but at least if you've downloaded and paid for it then you don't have to worry about it expiring. :)

Yeah, I had considered that.

Funnily the reverse happened with Okami, it went on sale after it was made free via Plus and I wanted to actually buy it, but you can't if you have it with Plus.

I bought it anyways. Just need to wait until some free time goes on sale now. ;)

I spent about 140 hours on P4 and it's definitely something I'd want to go back to in the future, maybe even when PS+ no longer exists, so yeah, I'd want a proper digital copy/physical copy.

There's something about Persona, I don't know if it will really appeal to everyone, yet I agree that it is an outstanding series, wonderfully unique take on the genre and something you shouldn't miss out on... if there's a chance you'll enjoy it. It became one of my all time favourites. @Cubemas, it doesn't follow many JRPG standards, so you can't really dismiss it on those grounds. There's no map, no towns, no inns, no fantasy setting. However, I do enjoy a good anime, and that must be integral to my opinion (Happ' and Sheikah do, too).

It's 33% social interaction/friend maker/dating sim/visual novel kinda thing, parts of it feel just like watching a highschool comedy anime, which must put a lot of people off straight away. But the characters are great, 90% well voiced (Nanako lets it down a bit IMO...).

Then you get 33% story-driven whodunit (a pretty great one). When the story's being smart or cool, it's great and draws you in; when it's funny, it's hilarious.

That leaves you with 33% turn-based RPG (and 1% pixie dust). But the RPG mechanics themselves are approached in a quite unique manner, where you essentially only fight when you want to (but risk making things difficult if you wait too long).

So actually yeah... for many people PS+ would be the perfect way to try this game.

Edited by Shorty

I really wish I had the Vita decal to go with the Persona backgrounds. Damn me for not knowing Persona was worthy of buying the special edition before I properly played it. :p

Just wanted to share my homescreen layout with you lot.

Did you skip Persona 2 because it would mess up your layout?

Started playing Gravity Rush.

I have only seen Raven once but I have fallen in love with her. I'm such a nerd.

That looks great, not had a fun skateboarding handheld since the GBA THPS2.

Also, I love seeing a trailer for a game for the first time just a couple of weeks before release :D

How did I not know you can put games in folders? That'll clean everything up no end. Also didn't know you could change the background for each screen... But then I don't think I played the vita for more than an hour total in the whole of 2013... But hoping to get back on it this year, so many games I own I need to play!

And that skateboarding game looks great. Digital release I presume?

Since it's an indie developer's first console game, I would very much imagine yes. British company, too :) A blog on the PlayStation site suggests it will get a nice reasonable price.

Dive Kick is amazing, if anyone hasn't tried it. Not played it single player but playing it 2-player on one Vita is hilarious. It's like playing on an arcade machine.

Dive Kick is amazing, if anyone hasn't tried it.

It is so fucking great, but none of my friends like it :indeed: So I haven't played it much :(