NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I've been deliberating about whether to pick one of the old models up before they discontinue them in place of the new model, but I quite like the idea of the slimmer console in White. Will the poorer quality screen really bother me that much? Probably not too much seeing I've had little experience of the original Vita. IS the OLED screen really that much better?

Don't know if this will help at all, I watched it the other day and by the end decided I'd probably rather have the OLED version.

I've been deliberating about whether to pick one of the old models up before they discontinue them in place of the new model, but I quite like the idea of the slimmer console in White. Will the poorer quality screen really bother me that much? Probably not too much seeing I've had little experience of the original Vita. IS the OLED screen really that much better?

The Vita already feels like it weighs pretty little to me, so I'd say to choose the cheaper model with the better OLED screen.

Just looked it up and was astonished to see the Vita weighs 260g, exactly the same as the 2DS. Seems pretty remarkable that a much higher spec (and older) device doesn't weigh any more than the 2DS.

Vita's been dispatched, that's gotta be the slowest dispatch from Shopto i've had. Ordered it half 11 on Monday via Play.com, had the order reciept Tuesday at 6pm and dispatched today 9:30am. Got a case from GAME, cost £5 and seems quite sturdy.

It is Christmas tbf, although I've not found ShopTo as fast as they once were. They've taken the matra off their site, "shop late, play tomorrow".

ShopTo have changed their wording for delivery times now as well. Its no longer just "First Class" but "1-3 Days (First Class). Last thing I ordered took 2 days to get to me which is only the second time thats happened. Nothing to complain about obviously but if this starts happening more often then it'll just be a shame to lose those next day deliveries.

First Class has always been 1-3 days. It's how they've been able to send stuff early.

The vast majority do arrive next day.

Of course not, at least Shopto still deliver items within the timeframe. Unlike another well known gaming company, who deliver pre-order bonus's first and the game for it 2 days later/if at all.

Contacted DPD (who are delivering it) to deliver it to my neighbour and i'll pick it up/ask parents to get it later today.

First Class has always been 1-3 days. It's how they've been able to send stuff early.

The vast majority do arrive next day.

I know its always been 1-3 days. My point was that they've changed the wording on their p&p choices, probably because you do get people complaining when they don't get it next day.

Well, the Vita has been delivered and it's at home. 4 hours until i get home.

Was looking through a few game cases and found I had a 30 day Plus card that expires 31st December this year. Anyone not on Plus yet?

Thought i'd be smart and leave the Vita on overnight charge whilst downloading my games from the code and PS+, managed all but 2 before the console ran out of power. Damn USB charge, probably because i didn't use the right port.

lol yeah, there's only one port the charger can fit in. :p Although... it does seem possible that you can put the charger in the wrong way around. Make sure the the PS logo is on the top side of the charger end when plugged into the Vita.

lol yeah, there's only one port the charger can fit in. :p Although... it does seem possible that you can put the charger in the wrong way around. Make sure the the PS logo is on the top side of the charger end when plugged into the Vita.

Yeah, that's what i did.

Downloaded all the games, unsure which ones to keep on the Vita for now. Which ones of the 10 would people recommend, the 10 i got were

Little Big Planet

Lemmings

Octopus Character*

Hungry Giraffe

Ratchet and Clank

Motor Storm

Wipeout

Some Horsey game*

Frobsher Says*

Little Deviants*

*Have already deleted these

Persona 4 Golden is £14.99 plus an extra 10% off for PS+ members for Sony's 12th Christmas deal. Everyone buy it now!

Persona 4 Golden is £14.99 plus an extra 10% off for PS+ members for Sony's 12th Christmas deal. Everyone buy it now!

Holy shit that's amazing.

@Ashley @Jimbob if you don't already have this then it's a deal not be missed!

When is the deal on until? I was going to wait until the price of the physical game dropped, but that's pretty good even for digital, plus I have all the other games downloaded onto my Vita as well anyway. :)

When is the deal on until? I was going to wait until the price of the physical game dropped, but that's pretty good even for digital, plus I have all the other games downloaded onto my Vita as well anyway. :)

It'll be today and tomorrow.

Holy shit that's amazing.

@Ashley @Jimbob if you don't already have this then it's a deal not be missed!

It'll be today and tomorrow.

Well I just did a quick check online and it seems to be near impossible to get the physical game for much less than £30 so digital it is! :D

Cheers for the heads up, I'll make sure to get that, £13.50 on PS+ is a steal. :)

Rumour is it'll be free on Plus next year, not sure if I should risk it or grab it now.