NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

I'm not really sure what I'm meant to be looking forward to from that list. The only ones I know I'm getting are FFX/X-2 HD and Rogue Legacy.

What would be awesome is if the Persona dance game was like Osu Tatakae Ouendan.

I'm not really sure what I'm meant to be looking forward to from that list. The only ones I know I'm getting are FFX/X-2 HD and Rogue Legacy.

I'll get these, as well. I already own Rogue Legacy, haven't finished it, but it's just so freaking good.

How can you not look forward to Hotline Miami 2? :blank:

Murasaki Baby looks gorgeous. Dustforce has always been on my list.

If Borderlands 2 gets the GOTY treatment I'll possibly get that, too.

Minecraft...hm...maybe. If it's cross-buy with the PS4 version. : peace:

A lot of the other titles...never heard of 'em.

I played the demo for Rogue Legacy and then the Vita version was announced just as I was thinking of buying it. Hope it arrives soon!

I liked Hotline Miami, but I kinda felt that it was too short, and yet at the same time not really warranting any more content.

Borderlands 2 I have played into the ground and wouldn't be the same without split-screen anyway.

Minecraft - I tried both the pocket and 360 edition and they just pale in comparison to the PC version. Infinite worlds, unlimited modding, big online servers, constant updates, that's the way Minecraft is meant to be played. Anything else feels broken.

Pretty crappy line up, in my eyes. Tearaway should have been he start of Sony launching new AAA handheld based IPs. All these games are great bonuses but where's the effort from Sony?

Well, go buy WiiU games instead, then :p It was a joke...

Nah, I see what you mean. Out of 32 I also only mentioned 5. :blank:

Just before Christmas I got a copy of Disgaea 3 on Vita and recently started playing it. Man, this takes me back to playing it on the PS3. Reminds me how awesome this game is... love the Japanese voice acting in it.

Looking forward to L9999ing myself and doing everything, did quite a lot last time. Annoyingly I played it back in the day before trophies were out for it.

Must get hold of Disgaea D2 when the price drops now...dood.

Just got a review code for OlliOlli so looking forward to trying it out tonight!!!

PS+ users, don't get OlliOlli through the store on your web browser, it should be discounted but at the time of posting, the discount's only appearing when purchasing through the Vita itself.

Edit: scratch that, it's there now at £6.39

Edited by Shorty

OlliOlli.

Played it just now. Only 10 minutes. Seems like another fine example of a "just-one-more-go-game" :D

But damn, those controls are weird, or rather original. I think it will take me a lot of time to get used to them.

Yeah I keep going to press X to jump instead of down while I'm playing.

Yeah. Damn you Tony Hawk! And every other game that uses X as the jump button. :laughing:

Remember: You can also begin tricks with tilting the analogue stick left/right/up, as well!

I guess you guys didn't play Skate? Controls are kinda similar.

It's good, but I had to turn on flight mode to stop it crashing during the tutorial :blank:

Edit: even with flight mode on it crashed the first time I tried to see what triangle did.

Edited by Shorty

Never played Skate before, so the controls are new to me. I will get used to them, though. Just need some time.

Started FFIX. The memories. :love:

I love Sony for giving me the opportunity to play the games that defined my childhood on the go.

You should really try Skate if you ever find it free, it was an amazing game which felt much more like the spirit of skateboarding than THPS ever did (not that the latter wasn't brilliant, apples and oranges). Holding down the left stick really represented bending your knees on a board, and flicking it up really felt like the pop.

Never played Skate before, so the controls are new to me. I will get used to them, though. Just need some time.

Started FFIX. The memories. :love:

I love Sony for giving me the opportunity to play the games that defined my childhood on the go.

FFX soon...gonna be epic.

FFIX was my first FF game, always a place for it in my heart.

I decided to start with FFIX out of my purchases from the sale as its one of the only ones ive never even tried out. The designs and world seem a little jarring at first compared to what im used to with the other FF games but im enjoying it. Only an hour or two in so far though.

I'll definitely be getting FFX/X-2 for the Vita when it comes out. I was considering the PS3 version but now that my console has died I guess the choice has been made for me.

Yeah me too. I love the Vita, in terms of console hardware/value for money it's one of my favourites.

Playing Disgaea 3 on Vita makes me realise that some games really are just perfect for it. I'm also looking to retire my fat PS3 sooner rather than later, and the Vita with its AMOLED screen is just slick. Can't wait.

Final Fantasy IX is a brilliant game, the art style and character development was awesome, it had a large filled opened world missable items, varied quests it was brilliant, and more akin to the original final fantasy style than the recent linear cyberpunk efforts

I'm sure you will fall in love with the game

Vita LCD edition reveal for the UK?

playstation-breakfast-briefing-redactedjpg-886d6d-610x308.jpg

OMG BUY ALL THE OLED VITA STOCK!!