NEurope
Aneres11

PlayStation Vita Console Discussion

All finished, there was so much to take in in that final chapter, a few twists I didn't see coming, a satisfying ending to a point

If you don't mind open endings.

I can't recommend it enough. Now to see what School mode has to offer.

Just bought Tearaway (it's pretty resonably priced at £13 on PSN right now). Looks awesome, hope it delivers...

As for Dragon's Crown, what's your take on it... definitely worth it? (I don't really like the DS3, but I'm loving the way the Vita feels, so I'll definitely be picking the Vita version, if I do buy it).

I'm level 32 now so I think I can answer this a bit better.

Firstly, I don't know how this game even works on a console, but I feel like it was meant to be on this system. The touch controls are more than good, they seem to be the only way of performing certain functions that would really make sense, such as rune spells and ordering around your sidekick. Standard controls are great too - although they took a little getting used to eventually you do feel like you've mastered movement for your player.

It looks great and there's no problems getting online. So far the only flaw I have found is a little framerate slipping when there's four players and lots of abilities flying around. I mostly solo though so I'm not sure how frequent that is.

In terms of the gameplay itself, I love all the unique ideas they've brought to the table, especially the random level select and the compulsion to try and string multiple raids together for bigger bonuses. Combat and abilities are a heck of a lot of fun.

Just bought Tearaway (it's pretty resonably priced at £13 on PSN right now). Looks awesome, hope it delivers...

Let me know what you think, I've heard great things but wasn't too taken by the demo. I haven't got much room on my Vita but saw a physical second hand copy for £14 so might pick that up!

has anyone preordered final fantasy X /X2 from shopto? i wierdly got an email from shopto as a ticket info telling me they'd begin processing today for shipment on wednesday.......they never normally prewarn whats going on? is there some sort of embargo on the games release? problems at shopto? we already know the game and hd remaster is/are awesome (except the extra audio thing which supposedly is like the worlds worst fan fic and ruins a lot of things)

has anyone preordered final fantasy X /X2 from shopto? i wierdly got an email from shopto as a ticket info telling me they'd begin processing today for shipment on wednesday.......they never normally prewarn whats going on? is there some sort of embargo on the games release? problems at shopto? we already know the game and hd remaster is/are awesome (except the extra audio thing which supposedly is like the worlds worst fan fic and ruins a lot of things)

I got it too. Could be a new thing they are doing? I remember a while back when people got pissed off that their PS4s were charged for super early. Maybe this is an auto thing now so customers are always in the know?

They do tend to warn for high profile releases. The ticket thing seems pretty new.

I've also been getting tickets for random things too recently (like Elder Scrolls Beta invites) so seems like it could just be a new thing.

Let me know what you think, I've heard great things but wasn't too taken by the demo. I haven't got much room on my Vita but saw a physical second hand copy for £14 so might pick that up!

It's a good game. The gameplay is basically just functional and little else, but it's a charming game and unlike Little Big Planet, the gameplay isn't horrible (although it's nothing to write home about, either).

For £14, I'd say it's worth it. Go check some gameplay footage, if you like the eye candy, you'll like it. That's it's biggest trump. The art direction is awesome. Gorgeous little game.

Dead Nation arrives tomorrow.

Back at E3 2013, the PS Vita version of Dead Nation was announced, and today I’m pleased to confirm that the game will be launching tomorrow. You’ll finally be able to carry the zombie apocalypse in your pocket.

For those of you who still aren’t in the know after the launch of the PS4 version last month, Dead Nation is a top-down, shoot ‘em up style game set in an apocalyptic zombie world. This classic PSN game was originally developed by the talented team at Housemarque, also known for Resogun and Super Stardust HD.

Like the PS4 version of the game, the PS Vita version has been developed by our friends at Climax Studios, and they’ve faithfully recreated the classic experience of the original PS3 game. Journey through the campaign as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake, or replay your favorite levels and compete for top scores in the single mission mode. Prefer not to experience the apocalypse alone? You and a friend can play the game in both online or ad-hoc co-op. Make sure you upload your stats whenever possible to support your country in the global standings.

Dead Nation will cost $7.99, and the Road of Devastation DLC can be purchased separately for $3.99. Anyone who has previously purchased the PS3 game or Road of Devastation will be entitled to the PS Vita versions at no extra cost, thanks to cross buy.

Dead Nation feels right at home on PS Vita, and everyone who has seen it so far has really enjoyed it. I can’t wait to hear what all of you think once you get your hands on it.

Drinkbox praises the Vita and Vita gamers.

Drinkbox was one of the earliest supporters of the Vita. The studio's Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!!! launched alongside the system in 2012, the first indie game on the handheld that wasn't published by Sony. They followed that up last year with the critically acclaimed Guacamelee on Vita, PS3, and (several months later) the PC. Speaking with GamesIndustry International earlier this month, Drinbox's Chris McQuinn explained his affinity for Sony's portable platform.

"Honestly, Vita owners are the ****ing best," McQuinn said. "People rag on the Vita so much, and I think people who rag on the Vita don't understand, at least from a business perspective, the purchasing power of Vita owners. Vita owners are serious purchasers of games. It's an amazing system."

As for why the system is perceived as an unattractive platform, McQuinn suggested it was more an issue of hardware numbers than software sales.

"If people don't see the Vita doing the same number of sales as the 3DS, then it's automatically a failure," McQuinn said. "But I think what people fail to understand is the purchasers of Vitas are very, very engaged game consumers. For them, the attach rate with games is very high. There might not be a lot of Vitas out there, but the people who do own Vitas are very serious consumers; they buy a lot of games."

While the touch-based combat of Drinkbox's next title might lend itself well to tablets and smartphones, those platforms aren't a priority for the studio.

"For us, I think we're still going to be a bit hesitant about that market until we can see the market to be a bit safer with regards to you making a good game, putting it out, and people buying it," McQuinn said. "That's not necessarily true in that market. We've seen great games come out in that market that just don't get picked up, and that's scary. Whereas I feel if you put out a really good game on the Vita, people will buy it. So until we see that stabilize a bit, we'll probably be a bit hesitant."

What the hell is going on? Now Tales of Heart R is being localised!

Edited by Hero-of-Time

What's Tales of Heart R?

Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack!!! was a really excellent game. I'd love a follow up. I played the PS3 version too after the Vita one but it wasn't as good. Drink box seem to improve with every game.

What's Tales of Heart R?

The eleventh mainline Tales game.

It's a remake of a DS game that was never localized.

I'll be getting a Vita in the next few weeks and I'm wondering how big a memory card should I really be going for. Is 32GB the way to go considering all the Plus games I've amassed over the months? Or am I better off importing from a website in Japan for the 64GB?

I've got a 16gb card in mine at present, with a few Plus games downloaded. That should suffice as i doubt you'll want to download all the PS plus games, after all they remain on the download list as long as you remain a PS+ member i believe.

It's upto you however what you go for, 32gb is a good size card and can amass some of the larger PS+ games on offer.

I would get a 32GB if you're at all tempted by the idea of having most of your games with you all the time without carrying additional carts.

I wound up with two 16GB cards just because a second was in a crazy offer, and they're both full most of the time, I have to delete PS+ games and games I've finished when I want to fit something new on.

If your d/l speed is good enough, that's fine because PS+ puts all your saves in the cloud (except for PS1/PSP games) and you can just redownload or store your games on a PC/PS3 in the mean time.

I own a lot of Vita games, but only physical copies of P4G and Dragons Crown. Some are quite sizeable (FFX and X-2 HD weigh in at about 3.5GB each)

There's also the Japanese 64GB you can import at a similar cost to what the 32GB is priced at over here. Amazon JP and yesasia have it (although you might have to foot customs).

WOAH! Over My Dead Body 2 is actually getting a western release!? Wow! Didn't see that one coming! :o

Always wanted to play the original, such an interesting concept :)

Vita's lineup is looking pretty nice this year actually... Soul Sacrifice Delta, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Crap name BTW - should've just stuck with "Over My Dead Body") and Tales of Hearts R are pretty solid exclusives (TOH is a full blown remake, so it counts) and then there's a good amount of upcoming indie games and ports of games like the GOW and Sly Collections too...

Not bad :)